Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #121
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Ok, I received pins from domimgood, some look good, others have dimpled paint and directional scratches, I got quite a few jumbo pins and a few of them have dimples and bumps in the enamel and 1 appears to have glitter where it's not supposed to, I would put him on the yellow list for sure.
disneypinsrus definitely has scrappers and I still don't have the missing pin they "forgot" to ship yet....
moth339, 1 of the pins I won was very nice, the others are probable scrappers based on dimpling and directional scratches.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #122
kleckner
Earning My Ears

Seller Info

Has anyone dealt with mikeandnancy1020?
kleckner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #123
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleckner View Post
Has anyone dealt with mikeandnancy1020?
I don't believe. I wouldn't buy from them yet, I'd probably put them on orange.

Sorry, school has really kept me busy lately. I'll update the list soon.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #124
Drusilla
Mouseketeer

I bought 100 pins from Shells7pak a couple months ago for our November trip and put them away. Over the weekend my daughter wanted to start packing for our trip so I thought we should divvy them up and put all of our pins on felt like we do. I also had another 100 that I bought a couple months before that from dzneypins. We went through all the pins at one time and they all got jumbled together and divvied up between the girls.

Now I see that Shells7pak is on a list of ebayers that sells scrappers and dzneypins sells real pins. I have no idea which pins I got from which person! From what I've read it is very hard to tell a scrapper from a real pin.

What do I do???

Also, when trading in the parks is there any way to tell if my daughter's are trading for pins is there any way to tell if the pins she is getting are scrappers? If I can figure out which pins are from Shells7pak and then toss them and re-buy another set of real pins from dzneypins, I don't want to end up with scrappers after the girls trade at the parks.

Thanks.
Drusilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:36 PM   #125
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

My best advice would be to visit pinpics.com and search for each pin individually to see what the scrapper indicators are, or you could simply search for scrappers and see what hits you get. To search on pinpics simply click the search button on the left, scroll to the bottom of the page (without clicking any boxes) and then hit continue, on the next page there will be a search box at the bottom, type the description of your pin or just type scrappers and you'll get results that way.
I'm sorry you purchased probable scrappers.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #126
Drusilla
Mouseketeer

^I'm sorry I did too. I had no idea. All I can do now is try to make it right. I will visit pinpics and see what I can figure out. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:37 PM   #127
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Don't beat yourself up about it, really, it's a learning experience. I purchased from her as well, before I knew what scrappers were.....

Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #128
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

WOW! A friend of mine on here, directed me to this thread. I recently purchased 15 pins from the seller NANNUB who is a red light seller. I looked at all my mine and to me they look legit! I dont see any flaws or any issues that might strike me as "fake/scrappers". Now question, I bought these pins to be used for tradiing in the parks for my upcoming trip.

If I trade these pins, how will the cast member detect if they are scrappers or not??? Is it just a risk that is taken when trading pins?

Because in the past when I would trade with cast members they never looked at my pin to detect a fake...they just traded with no issues. And some I traded are ones that I bought on ebay.
DisneyFairy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #129
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairy66 View Post
WOW! A friend of mine on here, directed me to this thread. I recently purchased 15 pins from the seller NANNUB who is a red light seller. I looked at all my mine and to me they look legit! I dont see any flaws or any issues that might strike me as "fake/scrappers". Now question, I bought these pins to be used for tradiing in the parks for my upcoming trip.

If I trade these pins, how will the cast member detect if they are scrappers or not??? Is it just a risk that is taken when trading pins?

Because in the past when I would trade with cast members they never looked at my pin to detect a fake...they just traded with no issues. And some I traded are ones that I bought on ebay.
The issue that we have with Nannub is not his pins per se, but his trading practices. He will send a new trader into a store to buy a new pin, he will then trade for the new pin but he gives the new trader (or kids) scrappers in return. He also purchases scrappers to trade with CM's for good pins then sells his pins for profit on eBay. This is why Nannub is a red light seller. You will have no problems trading as the pins you received are very likely good pins.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #130
DisneyFairy66
I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Duck!

Ok thank you!

Ya know after I really examined my pins, I did notice that his pins were lighter in weight than the ones I purchased at WDW! So im a little weary.. But I have no idea how to tell exactly. Cause some of my WDW ones that I purchased are light and some arent. So confusing!!!

I guess its all a risk when trading in the parks because you dont know if someone traded a fake with a cast member!
DisneyFairy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #131
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

It's hard to tell, last weekend DBF and I purchased some pins from mystery tins, the problem is that many of the pins we opened had divets in the paint so it really can be hard to tell. And we purchased pins that had directional scratches on them, so it's not an exact system but at least we have an idea of what we are looking for.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #132
Danauk
I would be sitting on the patio of the Fontana bar at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas watching the dancing fountains on a warm balmy night whilst sipping vintage Champagne

I have recently purchased a few individual pins from a few different sellers on ebay (wanting to complete collections after my recent trip) so I will make sure I report on what I recieve.

I recieved 2 of the packages today and I am not sure if they are both scrappers(although I think I will have to look more closely at one pin.) I bought a completer set pin from ezpinner who seems to be a new seller (registered the end of May this year) but looking at the location and surname I think they might also be Travelinwynns. This pin looks legit, there is just one part of it that I need to take a closer look at.

The other pin was from andyorangeplanes, looking at this I think it might be a scrapper. The outlines of the details on the pin seem a little thicker that the picture on pinpics. But as I do not intend to trade either of these pins I will just add them both to my keepers bags.
Disneyland Paris: Aug 1998 (off site - honeymoon), Easter 2004 (Hotel New York), Feb 2005 (off site), April 2008 (Hotel New York), October 2008 (Disneyland Hotel), November 2008 (Hotel New York), August 2013, Halloween 2013, New Year 2013/4, August 2014, New Year 2014/15, Easter 2015 WDW: August 2003 (Beach Club Villas - 5th anniversary), Christmas/New Year 2005/6 (Beach Club Villas), August 2009 (Animal Kingdom Lodge savanna view - 11th anniversary) Disneyland: August 2008 (Grand Californian, theme park view - 10th anniversary)
Danauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #133
Drusilla
Mouseketeer

I went to pinpics and did a search for "scrappers" and "unauthorized" pins. Much to my dismay, quite a few of the pins that my daughter traded for on our very first trip were on the list and I'm pretty sure are scrappers. During this trip we were introduced to pin trading and we went down to the AKL gift store every morning and bought a $27 starter kit with 6-7 pins in it for her to trade that day. I'm disheartened to know that I did the "right" thing by not putting scrappers into the system but ended up with a bunch of scrappers in her trades.

I don't have the heart to tell her that her pins are not real. She loves them and enjoys them so I'm not going to ruin that.

I'm pretty sure that we got scrappers from the lot we bought on ebay from dzneypins and she is listed as "green" OK to buy from.

So instead of working myself into an ulcer over it... I'm not going to worry about it. We're just going to trade the pins my girls don't like for pins they do like on our next trip. I'm not going to care if they are real or scrappers. As long as my girls like their pins, I'm OK with it. I know that's not a popular position to take but since it is so hard to tell the difference between real and scrapper, IDK what else to do.

In the future, I will not buy pins to trade on ebay. I'll buy the starter sets at WDW even if it means they'll have less pins to trade. If they trade for scrappers... as long as they like the pin... That's what's important. At least then I'll know I'm not putting scrappers into the system.

Last edited by Drusilla; 09-02-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #134
Fredtaco
Earning My Ears

Just bought a bunch from cfc93 for my daughter off ebay. I have concerns that most if not all are fakes. About half I found on PinPics and the others are questionable at best. Guess I'm going to have to find some other place that is legitimate and not insanely over priced. The problem now becomes that trading in the parks is a crap shoot at best. If people are unknowingly buying scrapper pins in the 100's and then trading them with castmembers the chances are pretty good that she will trade a real for fake. I guess we'll take the stance that if she's happy with it we'll be happy with it and just leave it at that.
Fredtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #135
Overthemoon
Mouseketeer

We are new to pin trading (first trip actually) and looking to buy so of course I have questions. What do the CM's do with the pins they trade with the public? Could I actually be trading with the CM's and end up with scrappers that they have traded with other guests?

I also need 2 laynards. Any suggestions - are all lanyards equal?

Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: