Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #1171
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

[QUOTE=SnDMommy;39926942]I looked all over and couldn't find where she mentioned that about the packaging. Please tell me where you saw that? Please take this in the nicest way possible, but you seem to be very critical of ebay sellers. Too expensive, too cheap, shipping charges aren't up to your par, etc. I realize you're trying to help others become more educated, but i would like to see some examples you could share of sellers you feel are up to your standards (aside from yourself).

Give me a moment..and i will find it for you..
as for me being critical...
I am very fanatical before I recommend anyone...
I am that way when i buy items myself...
I feel that buyers should be treated like good friends..
as..they are.
they are the ones that put food in my kids mouths.
and..when an item is priced less than half of retail.....
and the seller has a lot of em..
I am wary.
When pins are overpriced
..that is fine..
but,not what lot buyers are looking for..
they want to pay as little as possible..
for real pins.
I do..not EVER...
tell you who to buy from...
unless..someone is searching for a rare item.
And..I NEVER put my ebay name on these boards..
or have ever asked to go on the list.
I do not believe in it.
What I mean is..
I do not believe in using these boards as free advertising in any way..
that gets me angry.
Folks may do it..but..I do not.
I post my opinion..
and..only my opinion...
as..I do believe i have the right to do so.
so anyways..give me a moment...
and I will c&p the copy.
pps...it must be my search methods and my pickiness about sellers...
but,I have NEVER bought a fake single pin off of ebay..
except for all those scrapper lots...
when I first started trading..as was..dumb.
and..I buy..about..50 or so a month?
so...if you are looking for real items..not trading lots..
I would gladly give you a C&P of my Fave ebay sellers.
pm me for it...
not a recommendation..
just my list.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #1172
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

ok..a copy and paste of the body of the description of her 7 pin set
here:http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Disney-7-Pin...item1c19071eaf

here is...part of it.


All pins are mint in original Disney packaging!


Read Me Section: Disney occasionally changes packaging during pin production, therefore sometimes packaging may differ from the stock images above; however pins will be exactly what you see.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #1173
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celesdragon View Post
Just popping in here to report an Ebay scrapper seller - "kymagift". I bought one of their 20 pin lots, and found 6 Unauthorized pins, and the rest of the lot were all matched up against pinpics and found to have the scrapper notice on them. When I contacted the seller, they outright stated:

"Sorry to hear about that, I can give refund for the ones that you have, or if you want to return all the pins is ok, as it said in the auction I accept returns, I receive thousand of pins from the factory that I didn't check for those I already send a email to them explaining this matter, just let me know what you want to do, I am selling these pins because I know that they can be trade in disney, I live in florida and I go to disney like every two month and I have never had any problem in trading these pins."

Sigh...
That's classic, she says right there that they are "from the factory".....the factory sells non-scrappers only to Disney, the ones direct from the factory are scrappers. lol


Just a quick fyi...I NEVER asked to be put on the list of green sellers here, I simply posted it in a different thread, the thread owner found it and put it in there, I didn't even know it was there until someone else told me. So no, we are not using this thread for free advertising. I wasn't even a seller when I started posting on and using this thread for myself. I VERY rarely sell anything on eBay, I usually buy, but when I do my stuff is legit, and yes I do charge more for it.

Deb I'm happy to start reviewing the main list again this week. If I have time I"ll start a new thread, linking to this one of course. Have fun in NY, I am jealous you get to go to the Disney Store there!
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #1174
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
That's classic, she says right there that they are "from the factory".....the factory sells non-scrappers only to Disney, the ones direct from the factory are scrappers. lol


Just a quick fyi...I NEVER asked to be put on the list of green sellers here, I simply posted it in a different thread, the thread owner found it and put it in there, I didn't even know it was there until someone else told me. So no, we are not using this thread for free advertising. I wasn't even a seller when I started posting on and using this thread for myself. I VERY rarely sell anything on eBay, I usually buy, but when I do my stuff is legit, and yes I do charge more for it.

Deb I'm happy to start reviewing the main list again this week. If I have time I"ll start a new thread, linking to this one of course. Have fun in NY, I am jealous you get to go to the Disney Store there!
girl..of course you are not using the thread for free advertising..
you NEVER have anything up to sell.
and..once again..that is the problem with that list...
most of the good sellers on it...
have nothing up to sell....
and..girl...you KNOW I was not accusing you...
being subtle..
has never been my strong suit.
If you were referring to my sometimes caustic commentary...
I was referring to the folks..that NEVER post anything...
unless it is a plug for themselves.
Sorry..that just annoys the heck out of me...
anyhows..
you want something from the NY store?
I am most likely flying out tomorrow night.
I am SOOO not looking forward to it.
It is freezing....
I have to rent a truck...
strip my property of anything valuable..[I must have truckloads of stuff to sell]
and drive the darn truck back to Florida with it..
The burned house is not heated....
no lights..fun...fun..fun,
so..not magical.
ps.. girl..wait to start a thread until we can do it together....
next week is fine...
it is a bit harder..
than you think..lol
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #1175
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,265

Oh no Deb, I didn't mean you thought I was giving myself free advertising. Not at all, if you felt that way about me you would say it to me! i was just saying that in case others wondered.
I wouldn't even know what to ask for from the Disney store....maybe a fun pin?? lol
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #1176
ambertides
DIS Veteran
 
ambertides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by debranator View Post
so..when you get em..I would love to see em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDMommy View Post
Please do update when you get them, I'm very interested. Some of her sets were cute and Ive added them to my watch list. I too like to buy some pins in advance of my trip, and don't live near the stores to buy locally.
Here we go, guys:

Outside Packaging:


I've seen this type of packaging for sets (DH's SW set that I bought him last December is in similar packaging), but not these particular sets.

Here's the back:


Disneyland price sticker, however the other packages had WDW, and then Disney Parks:




Overall they looked good - no dipping/pitting, no brush strokes, no borders on the mickey imprints on the back, where applicable. But there were a few weird things:


Aladdin's pin tack was bent. Okay that's not weird, just meh.


Different colored backs on the toddler set.


These all look the same, though.


Except, here is one I traded for in the parks, and one from this set - where the one from eBay is slightly smaller.


Donald almost imperceptibly smaller.

The rest were all the same size as the ones I've traded for. Maybe I traded for scrappers, though. I won't be back at the parks until 3/5, so no way to check with the racks. But then I've held two sets on a rack up together and noticed differences, too.

Last weird thing:


Never seen this style of pin tack on any Disney pin. But I don't have any from the TSMM set to compare it, to, either.

Otherwise they all look nice.



If anyone wants bigger pictures, I can post them.

Thoughts?
__________________

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog


Last edited by ambertides; 02-15-2011 at 04:51 PM.
ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #1177
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertides View Post
Here we go, guys:

Outside Packaging:


I've seen this type of packaging for sets (DH's SW set that I bought him last December is in similar packaging), but not these particular sets.

Here's the back:


Disneyland price sticker, however the other packages had WDW, and then Disney Parks:




Overall they looked good - no dipping/pitting, no brush strokes, no borders on the mickey imprints on the back, where applicable. But there were a few weird things:


Aladdin's pin tack was bent. Okay that's not weird, just meh.


Different colored backs on the toddler set.


These all look the same, though.


Except, here is one I traded for in the parks, and one from this set - where the one from eBay is slightly smaller.


Donald almost imperceptibly smaller.

The rest were all the same size as the ones I've traded for. Maybe I traded for scrappers, though. I won't be back at the parks until 3/5, so no way to check with the racks. But then I've held two sets on a rack up together and noticed differences, too.

Last weird thing:


Never seen this style of pin tack on any Disney pin. But I don't have any from the TSMM set to compare it, to, either.

Otherwise they all look nice.



If anyone wants bigger pictures, I can post them.

Thoughts?
great pics...
on the ducks...the baby donalds..
It is obvious to me which is the scrapper by the thickness..the thinner one to the right is fake.
Which one did she send you?
I will go to Disney when I get back and pick up a real set of em..
so that they can be compared.
as..
now..this is interesting.
Just by looking at the packages..they looked fine to me.
Edit: Except..on looking closer...
who in heck...
has quantities of items..
from both parks?
I am going to have my CM kids..
look at the pics after dinner.
ok..they looked..the Disney parks " tag is a current looking tag...
from brand new items...for the past month or so..
the others are..as they said.."old".
P.S. that is some camera you have...what is it?
I need one of those.

Last edited by debranator; 02-15-2011 at 06:20 PM.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #1178
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald
 
alizesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,245

A few more questions on buying single pins.

First, are people really crazy enough to buy a normal pin for $45.00?

Second, I bought a pin that was advertised as a LE, on the card. The pin arrived with no apparant defects but was on the wrong card (SKU didn't match). I would chalk this up as a scrapper BUT the back of the pin is signed and dated by Monty Maldovan who really did create this pin. The oddest thing is that being signed was not mentioned in the pin's description. Thoughts?
__________________
Mom to Gilbete', Jeanette, Andrea, Ben, Alize and Brady (with God), Ciara and Brian. Grandmother to seven.
alizesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #1179
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!
 
pixiewings71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Suisun City CA
Posts: 22,265

Ambertides, I have loads of pins with those type of posts, just so you know. I don't have any of the that set tho, check pinpics.com, see what the description says.

Alizesmom, can you confirm that the signature is correct?
__________________
Kerri DBF DD18 DD14

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.


eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:48 PM   #1180
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
A few more questions on buying single pins.

First, are people really crazy enough to buy a normal pin for $45.00?

Second, I bought a pin that was advertised as a LE, on the card. The pin arrived with no apparant defects but was on the wrong card (SKU didn't match). I would chalk this up as a scrapper BUT the back of the pin is signed and dated by Monty Maldovan who really did create this pin. The oddest thing is that being signed was not mentioned in the pin's description. Thoughts?
Yes, people are that crazy...I sell 50 buck pins all the time..and buy em as often.
Some Hanukkah pins that I collect..I have lost auctions for..
as..my max bid was in the 50 buck range.
I just won one today for 27.
I would think that the pin you bought is not a scrapper at all..
but, sold by a seller who did not realize what he had.
When you get your pins signed by the artist...
you have to take them off of the cards.
Many times...
I have mixed up the cards while replacing them.
It happens.
if you did not pay for it to be artist signed..and it was..
I would think that you..scored.
ps..Pix..I am still here for a few days..
I blew off 500 in plane tickets
..and will drive on the weekend.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:15 AM   #1181
ambertides
DIS Veteran
 
ambertides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 610

Quote:
Originally Posted by debranator View Post
great pics...
on the ducks...the baby donalds..
It is obvious to me which is the scrapper by the thickness..the thinner one to the right is fake.
Which one did she send you?
The one on the right of both of these is the eBay version:



All the ones of that set from eBay are .2 cm smaller (width and height) than that Goofy and Donald that I traded for. All the others I've traded for (I have all but Dale) are 3.2cm (like the eBay ones).

Quote:
who in heck...
has quantities of items..
from both parks?
I know - that seemed odd.

Also his/her return address is listed as Oregon, yet it made it here to Central Florida in one business day, First Class Mail. That probably has nothing to do with anything, though.

Quote:
P.S. that is some camera you have...what is it?
I need one of those.
Nikon D3000 with the 18-55mm VR kit lens and a cheap macro filter. The newer model is the D3100, which is on sale right now on Amazon. :D
__________________

~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~
Alix (33)
Gluten Free @ WDW Photoblog | WDW Tumblog

ambertides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #1182
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

ok..nice camera...
what is funny is..i own one of those fancy nikons..do not ask me model #s or lenses....
my eyes glaze over.
I know what I am good at..
finding bargains and selling stuff..
I also crochet a mean blanket..and make lovely, lacy things,,
but...cameras or anything technical..
epic..fail.
I would assume these are fake by the comparison pics,and the price as she is selling quantities of em.
but..can they really fake the packaging like that?
wow!
that IS impressive if it is so.
My problem with this sort of thing is that..
if I even smell a pin to be fake..
I cannot trade or sell it..ever.
and..out of the last 10 trades I made with cms..
5 of em are in my junked pile.
4 because I really did not look too closely as it was at night and i am blind as a bat?
the 5th..was pretty amazing...
but..when I looked at home..it was obvious.
so..I am not sure about these..
although..the right ones do look fake.
what do you think?
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #1183
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald
 
alizesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by debranator View Post
Yes, people are that crazy...I sell 50 buck pins all the time..and buy em as often.
:
Can I take my foot out of my mouth now?
__________________
Mom to Gilbete', Jeanette, Andrea, Ben, Alize and Brady (with God), Ciara and Brian. Grandmother to seven.
alizesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #1184
SnDMommy
Earning My Ears
 
SnDMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Florida
Posts: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambertides View Post
The one on the right of both of these is the eBay version:



All the ones of that set from eBay are .2 cm smaller (width and height) than that Goofy and Donald that I traded for. All the others I've traded for (I have all but Dale) are 3.2cm (like the eBay ones).

I know - that seemed odd.

Also his/her return address is listed as Oregon, yet it made it here to Central Florida in one business day, First Class Mail. That probably has nothing to do with anything, though.

Nikon D3000 with the 18-55mm VR kit lens and a cheap macro filter. The newer model is the D3100, which is on sale right now on Amazon. :D
Based on coloring alone, the donald on the right looks like a scrapper. I looked up the pins individually, and the Toy Story set, as well as the Pirates set have scrapper alerts on them. My non-professional guess is that they're all scrappers. What a shame.

So now being nosy, are you going to try and get a refund? Leave negative feedback? I notice this seller doesn't have a single negative or neutral feedback.
__________________
Next Trip!
Mommy & Daddy only at Saratoga Springs, rented points with Basic Dining Plan, 4/13-4/16/2011



Past Trips:
The Boys' First Visit and 3rd BDay Celebration, WL with DxDP 1/23-28/2011


Hoping for:
Another Family Week Stay late Sept 2011, WL!
SnDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #1185
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
Can I take my foot out of my mouth now?
ooh..but, you looked so cute that way.
for fun...
go to ebay and search Disney pins in completed listings..go high to low.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trading Pins from Ebay DaveStroem Disney Collectors Board 478 02-05-2013 12:40 PM
Pin Display Eeyore's Buddy Disney Collectors Board 12 06-25-2010 12:59 PM
Pin collecting? mickey&minnie04 Disney Collectors Board 13 04-20-2010 12:14 AM
Free Dining Pin for December! ashleyd725@hotmail.c Budget Board 24 06-28-2009 08:20 AM
Got our 1st PIN code!!!! disneyfreak7 Disney Discount Codes and Rates 1 06-25-2009 04:38 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: