Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #751
MountNittany
Why is Tom Morrow going to the Moon? He has enough on Saturn...

More pins came today...

zoom_time: Obvious scrapper, as expected. Dull finish on pin, strange font for the Hidden Mickey identification and inside of the ODPT logo. Rough edges.

sunshinesunwear: Obvious scrapper. Dull finish. Font again is strange, matches font inside of old ODPT logo of other scrappers I have bought (the year 2007 is more of a comical font compared to the legit pins I have, if you know what I mean)

gold747: Obvious scrapper. The post is bent 45° to the left. Low LE, and LE identification font and the font of the year inside of the ODPT logo aren't correct.

I wouldn't buy from any of these sellers. I may either put them on the red list, or make a new yellow list for not enough information, except for the sellers that already have reports.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
My PinPics Name - psu52545
LET'S GO PENS!

Last edited by MountNittany; 06-29-2010 at 12:36 PM.
MountNittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #752
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Someone mentioned being upset with an ebay seller because the actual postage on the package was more than they charged in the transaction. I don't sell on ebay but I do buy and just like when I purchase from Disney Store and other retailers on line, the postage and handling charges include more than just postage. It can include cost of packaging (whether box or padded envelope), driving to and from post office (gas and wear/tear on vehicle), etc. Therefore, when a package comes to me and I see the actual postage was $2.78 but I paid $4.00 for shipping/handling on ebay, I really don't think that's something to get upset about. JMO obviously.
That was a different thread, the seller refused to combine shipping so the buyer was angry about it.

I purchased some pins from domimgood, some I suspected were going to be scrappers but honestly I didn't care, I wanted to give them to DD for her collection and have no plans to ever trade them (for instance her favorite fairy is Fawn and her nickname is Jadeybug (her name is Jade), this seller had a Fawn w/a ladybug pin so I bought it for DD), I also wanted a set of the Nemo pins in the fish bags to display in our bathroom but didn't want to worry about ruining a "good" set so I bought a set assuming they were scrappers. When I got them I looked them over and they looked good!!! But the next day I looked closer (and in better lighting) and realized they were all scrappers, unfortunately I had already left feedback saying they were good. I'm upset with myself for not looking better before leaving feedback but wanted to report back that domimgood is definitely a red list seller.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #753
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
That was a different thread, the seller refused to combine shipping so the buyer was angry about it.

I purchased some pins from domimgood, some I suspected were going to be scrappers but honestly I didn't care, I wanted to give them to DD for her collection and have no plans to ever trade them (for instance her favorite fairy is Fawn and her nickname is Jadeybug (her name is Jade), this seller had a Fawn w/a ladybug pin so I bought it for DD), I also wanted a set of the Nemo pins in the fish bags to display in our bathroom but didn't want to worry about ruining a "good" set so I bought a set assuming they were scrappers. When I got them I looked them over and they looked good!!! But the next day I looked closer (and in better lighting) and realized they were all scrappers, unfortunately I had already left feedback saying they were good. I'm upset with myself for not looking better before leaving feedback but wanted to report back that domimgood is definitely a red list seller.
Thanks for the report, I'll update it later today, along with my 4 sellers.

“Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, the Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds . . . the ‘Main Street Electrical Parade!’”
Prevent scrapper pins from ever getting on cast member lanyards - Please read this thread about buying pins from eBay
LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #754
daisy 'n donald
Mouseketeer

so, hi, i'm new!
and i've read this whole thread, and now i don't know what to do
when dh and i went to wdw in '08 we started pin trading....we each bought the lanyard with a starter set and went from there...
we then started just buying packs of ones we didn't want so we'd have some to trade...
we plan on going back in sept, and i thought why not get some cheap ones we don't want so we have some to start off with in the parks....(our last vacation we didn't seem to really stick on budget, this time we'd like to)

there are a lot of sellers on ebay who aren't listed on the first page here...most of them are selling bulk lots....is it safe to assume that most of the bulk sellers are selling scrappers? even if they are not listed on the first page?

what would, then, be the best way to obtain pins just to trade? buy some individual pins from one person, and hope they combine shipping?
i'm having a hard time with buying just one, because i feel like "hey, i just bought that one, i can't trade it" or, if i buy it just to trade it, i'm taking it away from someone who would really want to buy it to own it...

also, if someone is selling a set, are those normally not scrappers? or does it depend on the seller?

reading this thread has blown my mind, and i had no idea people out there are doing this...turns out, i traded for a scrapper...its ok b/c its ariel, and i really wanted it, and prob won't trade it for anything...but still, i'm bummed that i don't have a real one....
so, now with mind blown, i have no idea what to do, and we're just trying to find the most cost effective way to continue this habit...we really enjoyed it last time, and would like to do it again...

thanks!
'10 AllStarSports- 1year anniv!
'12 AllStarSports- babymoon
'14 CBR- baby's frist trip to wdw! 5 year anniv!

dh(38) me(35) :baby girl (1.5)

daisy 'n donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #755
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy 'n donald View Post
so, hi, i'm new!
when dh and i went to wdw in '08 we started pin trading....we each bought the lanyard with a starter set and went from there...
we then started just buying packs of ones we didn't want so we'd have some to trade...
we plan on going back in sept, and i thought why not get some cheap ones we don't want so we have some to start off with in the parks....(our last vacation we didn't seem to really stick on budget, this time we'd like to)

there are a lot of sellers on ebay who aren't listed on the first page here...most of them are selling bulk lots....is it safe to assume that most of the bulk sellers are selling scrappers? even if they are not listed on the first page?

what would, then, be the best way to obtain pins just to trade? buy some individual pins from one person, and hope they combine shipping?
i'm having a hard time with buying just one, because i feel like "hey, i just bought that one, i can't trade it" or, if i buy it just to trade it, i'm taking it away from someone who would really want to buy it to own it...

also, if someone is selling a set, are those normally not scrappers? or does it depend on the seller?

reading this thread has blown my mind, and i had no idea people out there are doing this...turns out, i traded for a scrapper...its ok b/c its ariel, and i really wanted it, and prob won't trade it for anything...but still, i'm bummed that i don't have a real one....
so, now with mind blown, i have no idea what to do, and we're just trying to find the most cost effective way to continue this habit...we really enjoyed it last time, and would like to do it again...

thanks!
You can contact one of the sellers listed as green sellers here ... send them a message through ebay and ask if they have 25 or 50 (I don't know how many you want) pins they would sell you and for how much. Ask the shipping costs too. Tell them you just want authentic Disney trading pins and that you don't care what they are since you are buying them to trade but you only want authentic official Disney trading pins. I did that recently with MUBUNNY and was pleased with the pins he sent and the price and from what I can see, they were all authentic official Disney trading pins. I've also had luck buying that way with gitanoman.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #756
MountNittany

Quote:
so, hi, i'm new!

thanks!
Thanks for taking the time to read our thread .

I pm'd you a great seller's name who is on the green list and is selling cheap lots.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #757
MountNittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
You can contact one of the sellers listed as green sellers here ... send them a message through ebay and ask if they have 25 or 50 (I don't know how many you want) pins they would sell you and for how much. Ask the shipping costs too. Tell them you just want authentic Disney trading pins and that you don't care what they are since you are buying them to trade but you only want authentic official Disney trading pins. I did that recently with MUBUNNY and was pleased with the pins he sent and the price and from what I can see, they were all authentic official Disney trading pins. I've also had luck buying that way with gitanoman.
Mubunny is great, she just doesn't often have pins up. I bought my trading pins from her last year.

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #758
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Mubunny is great, I've emailed her and she's put together a lot for me with no problems. I've also done that with Pinderellas_Castle & Gitanoman, in fact right now I'm basically getting all of my pins from Gitanoman, Karen is great! I was disappointed with the pins I got from domimgood, last time I bought from them some of what I got was great. But no more buying from them now.
But yes Daisy n Donald, I would just use the green listed sellers on the first page and go from there. And most of those sellers DO combine shipping for you.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #759
MountNittany

Restructure of the thread tonight... update tomorrow

LET'S GO PENS!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #760
daisy 'n donald
Mouseketeer

thanks for the advice everyone!
as much as i've used ebay, i've never really ever directly contacted a seller....and i honestly didn't think of that as an option here....
i'll definitely stick with the green sellers!

thanks again!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #761
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

I've never had any problems contacting sellers and asking about a lot. I did have one tell me once that they didn't have enough when I asked (I asked for a lot of 50, they only had 40 not listed) so we made a deal on the lot of 40, we set a time for her to list the Buy It Now and at that time I bought the lot. We did it thru eBay so everyone was protected and it was very easy.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #762
daisy 'n donald
Mouseketeer

just one more question (for now)
how much is a good price to pay per pin? (that would make it worth it to purchase this way rather than buying random sets at the park just to trade?)
and how many would be a good amount to get so that we have enough to trade? last time we only started with it the day before we were leaving the park, this time we plan on trading every day...

thanks!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #763
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

I try to pay no more then $3 per pin plus shipping. So under $5. It's not a cheap hobby to do the right way. That's why I plan on listing my pins (all legit so far as I can tell) for $3 and up. I have some listed now that are hard to find LE's, they are listed for $9.99 and up.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #764
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
just one more question (for now)
how much is a good price to pay per pin? (that would make it worth it to purchase this way rather than buying random sets at the park just to trade?)
and how many would be a good amount to get so that we have enough to trade? last time we only started with it the day before we were leaving the park, this time we plan on trading every day...

thanks!
I think my last lot from MUBUNNY was 25 pins for $35 which includes all shipping and handling. I sent him a message on ebay and that's what he had available.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #765
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I've paid $1.50 to $1.80 per pin, using combined shipping. The first pin costs around $4. These are auctions where the pin starts around $.99. I bid on pins that I believe no scrappers exist. I use pinpics and dizpins to verify.

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: