Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #496
Jenn4615
DIS Veteran

Thats what I thought at first... But I bid over a few days and he would bid right after me...and I had already recieved second chance offers on the other pins U**D had bid on...

Jenn4615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #497
lauramae76
Earning My Ears

I also had this happen to me on ebay. I reported it higher up people. The item I was bidding on was outback steakhouse coupons. What I was told from ebay it was the same person.
lauramae76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #498
earthfaries
Disney World Personal Shopper & mom to 3 beautiful children. I live Disney!

You should definitely report it ~ and let eBay investigate it from there ~ it can't hurt ~ only help protect other buyers

Living Our Dream

Disney World is our Backyard !!!
earthfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #499
Joan92120
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherpinforme View Post
Are you guys serious? Do you think nannub is a guy? LOL its a woman number one! Number 2 you dont like their pins thats great but its out right slander to say all their pins are fake or knock offs. If you go through disney world right now all you see is crap pins... sellers from all over the country are slinging crappy pins. You follow their screen names with changes? Are you this lowly! I really dont care what you think about me but I atleast think the truth should come out. Nannub hasnt even traded pins since october. I know this because i have talked to her and she is getting out of her collection.... You need to relax because each and everyone of you knows that they buy cheap [pins. I do! I know that nannub supports over 50 sellers on ebay and the funny part is 13 of the green listed are her customers.

I thought you might be interested in a personal experience I recently had on ebay. A month or two ago I asked this board who they would recommend for Disney trader pin for my grandkids. I have a 5 year old granddaughter and a 7 year old grandson from my oldest boy. They were planning a trip to Disneyland and I thought I would surprise them with a gift from nana. That is what they call me. They are so cute.

I was referred to the sellers in green on the first page of this board. I ended up bidding on several lots from parrotsandpins. This seller was not listed, but the pins pictured looked like Disney pins and the prices were affordable for someone who is on social security.

I ended up winning a lot of 100 pins for around $55. Being a novice on ebay, I had trouble figuring out how to pay for the items and sent the seller several notes to that effect. I finally ask my son to help me and we paid for the pins four days after I won them.

A day or two later, I sent the following note to the seller: “Have you shipped these items yet? If not, please ship tomorrow. I need these for my grandkids and they are going to Disneyland on Tuesday.” This was his reply, and I quote: “you took 4 days to pay. we ship within 3 business days after payment is clear. maybe you should have paid sooner. if you have a problem i would be happy to refund your money for all your items. let me know”

I sent a note back to please ship the pins and then also paid for the two other items I had won. Later that day I noticed that parrotsandpins had refunded all my payments. I sent a note asking why and this is the reply received “we are not dealing with you”.

He provided no explanation and ignored my other emails. I have never been so offended in my life. Naturally I left him negative feedback. He replied to my feedback saying that I had several items that I had not paid for and called me a deadbeat.

I think he was referring to the one lot of 100 pins I won earlier but never paid for. I bid on a lot of pins and won while I was hospitalized from a fall I had (I am 83 years old). I was not released until after the seller filed and closed a nonpayment claim on me. I did not even know I won the lot until after the claim was closed.

Then I come to find out that parrotsandpins is nannub by reading the postings on this board, a seller who does not seem to be well respected by most. anotherpinforme, you may defend her, but after my experience, nannub is not a very nice person. She is nasty and vindictive. I was very surprised to find out she is a she. I cannot imagine a lady being so mean and rude to people.

Anyway, I am glad that so many are trying to help those of us who do not know about the sellers on eBay. Thank you all. I personally will never again bid on anything that nanub or parrotsandpins has for sale. I will definitely only buy in the future from those who are recommended.

I do have one question that maybe the members of this board can help me with. I won another item from parrotsandpins that I had bid on before this fiasco but ended on Monday. I am worried that if I pay for the item she will just keep my money and not ship the item. I cannot afford to throw money away. What should I do?
Joan92120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #500
surfergirl602
Well you're one step ahead of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan92120 View Post
I thought you might be interested in a personal experience I recently had on ebay. A month or two ago I asked this board who they would recommend for Disney trader pin for my grandkids. I have a 5 year old granddaughter and a 7 year old grandson from my oldest boy. They were planning a trip to Disneyland and I thought I would surprise them with a gift from nana. That is what they call me. They are so cute.

I was referred to the sellers in green on the first page of this board. I ended up bidding on several lots from parrotsandpins. This seller was not listed, but the pins pictured looked like Disney pins and the prices were affordable for someone who is on social security.

I ended up winning a lot of 100 pins for around $55. Being a novice on ebay, I had trouble figuring out how to pay for the items and sent the seller several notes to that effect. I finally ask my son to help me and we paid for the pins four days after I won them.

A day or two later, I sent the following note to the seller: “Have you shipped these items yet? If not, please ship tomorrow. I need these for my grandkids and they are going to Disneyland on Tuesday.” This was his reply, and I quote: “you took 4 days to pay. we ship within 3 business days after payment is clear. maybe you should have paid sooner. if you have a problem i would be happy to refund your money for all your items. let me know”

I sent a note back to please ship the pins and then also paid for the two other items I had won. Later that day I noticed that parrotsandpins had refunded all my payments. I sent a note asking why and this is the reply received “we are not dealing with you”.

He provided no explanation and ignored my other emails. I have never been so offended in my life. Naturally I left him negative feedback. He replied to my feedback saying that I had several items that I had not paid for and called me a deadbeat.

I think he was referring to the one lot of 100 pins I won earlier but never paid for. I bid on a lot of pins and won while I was hospitalized from a fall I had (I am 83 years old). I was not released until after the seller filed and closed a nonpayment claim on me. I did not even know I won the lot until after the claim was closed.

Then I come to find out that parrotsandpins is nannub by reading the postings on this board, a seller who does not seem to be well respected by most. anotherpinforme, you may defend her, but after my experience, nannub is not a very nice person. She is nasty and vindictive. I was very surprised to find out she is a she. I cannot imagine a lady being so mean and rude to people.

Anyway, I am glad that so many are trying to help those of us who do not know about the sellers on eBay. Thank you all. I personally will never again bid on anything that nanub or parrotsandpins has for sale. I will definitely only buy in the future from those who are recommended.

I do have one question that maybe the members of this board can help me with. I won another item from parrotsandpins that I had bid on before this fiasco but ended on Monday. I am worried that if I pay for the item she will just keep my money and not ship the item. I cannot afford to throw money away. What should I do?
I'm really surprised that the seller didn't cancel your bid, and block you. He/she has a history of doing that if you ask too many questions. I didn't even bid on anything, but I guess I questioned the authenticity of the pins and was told that he/she was banning me from bidding on their items. No worries for me!
I would go through ebay and just cancel it.
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
https://melissamackinnon.wordpress.com
surfergirl602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 PM   #501
Tampa Mousekeeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan92120 View Post
I would cancel my transaction...everything they sell in lots are scrappers anyway so your not missing out on much, however I doubt they would not send the merchandise...it's very easy to contact Paypal if you do not receive your item and they must show delivery confirmation to keep your payment...by the way "they" are not a he or she...it's a couple...he was the loser who set up camp outside the DTD Pin Store for years to prey on the poor traders and she mailed and packed the pins....I think their time is about up ...all their lots they are selling now are the scrappers he bought from China...they might have to go out and get real jobs now that Disney has put the brakes on their "business"......
Old 04-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #502
pinparrot
Earning My Ears

Counterfit Pins

Just curious, I see no mention of cfc93. I bought a lot of 100 pins and everyone was a scraper or as I would call them counterfit. This seller is selling several thousand pins a week. Beware.
pinparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #503
Joan92120
Earning My Ears

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Mousekeeter View Post
I would cancel my transaction...everything they sell in lots are scrappers anyway so your not missing out on much, however I doubt they would not send the merchandise...it's very easy to contact Paypal if you do not receive your item and they must show delivery confirmation to keep your payment...by the way "they" are not a he or she...it's a couple...he was the loser who set up camp outside the DTD Pin Store for years to prey on the poor traders and she mailed and packed the pins....I think their time is about up ...all their lots they are selling now are the scrappers he bought from China...they might have to go out and get real jobs now that Disney has put the brakes on their "business"......

Thank you Tampa and Surfergirl for offering helpful advice. I would love to cancel the transaction. I went on eBay and cannot find out how to cancel the transaction except to contact the seller and request it be cancelled. I cringe at the thought of having to contact parrotsandpins. It would be just one more opportunity for him/her to insult me.

Do you know of any other way to cancel the transaction?

Last edited by Joan92120; 04-06-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Joan92120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #504
thelionqueen
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy threw me a bone to hear me scream!
My body has finally figured out that it can let go of the fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherpinforme View Post
Are you guys serious? Do you think nannub is a guy? LOL its a woman number one! Number 2 you dont like their pins thats great but its out right slander to say all their pins are fake or knock offs. If you go through disney world right now all you see is crap pins... sellers from all over the country are slinging crappy pins. You follow their screen names with changes? Are you this lowly! I really dont care what you think about me but I atleast think the truth should come out. Nannub hasnt even traded pins since october. I know this because i have talked to her and she is getting out of her collection.... You need to relax because each and everyone of you knows that they buy cheap [pins. I do! I know that nannub supports over 50 sellers on ebay and the funny part is 13 of the green listed are her customers.

Interesting first post
Old 04-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #505
3guysandagal
Sailed with the Podcasters on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post
Interesting first post
You should have seen the one that was removed by the Mods......

1972-OFFSITE-WITH PARENTAL UNITS1986-OFFSITE-WITH FRIENDS, SPRING BREAK IN FT LAUD-IN A '69 GTO CONV.1990-OFFSITE-DW BEFORE WE MET AND HER 1st TIME AT THE WORLD2006 DEC 20-29-POR-FIRST TRIP WITH DW, DS9, DS32007 DEC 4-18-POR, FW CABINS-ME, DW, DS10, DS42008 DEC 9-19-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!2009-MAY 5-19-POR AND PODCAST CRUISE 1.02009-NOV 30-OKW2009-DEC 1-15-FIRST TRIP "HOME" TO BLT2009-DEC 15-19-OKW2009-DEC 19-27-DOLPHIN2009-DEC 27-31-OKW2010-APR 11-19-ABD IN DISNEYLAND WITH THE PODCAST TEAMNEXT UP - 2010-DEC 8-10-SSRDEC 10-12-SWANDEC 12-16-PODCAST CRUISE 2.0DEC 16-19-SWANDEC 19-27-OKWDEC 27-JAN 1-AKV
3guysandagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #506
surfergirl602

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3guysandagal View Post

Oh, you can't leave me hangin' dude....
June 2006 - off site 5th year anniversary May 2008 - POR the girls' very first trip! Aug 2009 - AKL, military homecoming trip! Sept 2009 - proud DVC owners at BLT!!! Oct 2010 AKV Mar 2012 - AOA Dec 2012 - welcome home, daddy surprise trip

My Author Blog!
Old 04-07-2010, 11:18 PM   #507
3guysandagal
Sailed with the Podcasters on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post

1972-OFFSITE-WITH PARENTAL UNITS1986-OFFSITE-WITH FRIENDS, SPRING BREAK IN FT LAUD-IN A '69 GTO CONV.1990-OFFSITE-DW BEFORE WE MET AND HER 1st TIME AT THE WORLD2006 DEC 20-29-POR-FIRST TRIP WITH DW, DS9, DS32007 DEC 4-18-POR, FW CABINS-ME, DW, DS10, DS42008 DEC 9-19-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!2009-MAY 5-19-POR AND PODCAST CRUISE 1.02009-NOV 30-OKW2009-DEC 1-15-FIRST TRIP "HOME" TO BLT2009-DEC 15-19-OKW2009-DEC 19-27-DOLPHIN2009-DEC 27-31-OKW2010-APR 11-19-ABD IN DISNEYLAND WITH THE PODCAST TEAMNEXT UP - 2010-DEC 8-10-SSRDEC 10-12-SWANDEC 12-16-PODCAST CRUISE 2.0DEC 16-19-SWANDEC 19-27-OKWDEC 27-JAN 1-AKV
3guysandagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:02 AM   #508
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelionqueen View Post
Interesting first post
That's what I said! LOL Can anyone say Nannub.....LOL

Quote:
Wha?????????? I missed it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergirl602 View Post

Quote:
No, you can't be so cruel......spill it, please!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #509
surfergirl602

Quote:
I have no idea how I missed that one. Must have been pulled really fast!

My Author Blog!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #510
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

I thought it was funny....but like you guys said definetly interesting. I didn't realize there was one that was removed.

On another topic - I'm am still going back and forth on whether to "let" my daughter trade on our upcoming trip to DW. I haven't been there since Xmas 2008 and then it wasn't bad.

I meant to post awhile ago regarding our experience in DL with the pin trading - it wasn't bad at all but no where near the amount of CM's trading. My daughter only traded a few - the rest of the pins she purchased for keeps (we both LOVED the Jack Skellington ones). But what I did find interesting was one day we got to DL (not DCA) right at opening and stopped off at one of the sit down restaurants near the castle (I can't remember the name). Across the way at one of the outdoor food seating area's was about 2 or 3 very "squirrely" looking men who had tons of pin books out talking to others. Now I hope I don't offend anyone here as I doubt it was any of you folks but these guys looked like the "Pin sharks" they had at DD a few years ago.
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: