Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #1771
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

Hey Everyone: Just wanted to give a quick review one someone I just bought from since they were questioned somewhere here (but arent on an offical list)

I Just bought my first set of pins ever from dknoxinbox.

Being my first set of pins ever, and buying from ebay i was a little nervous, i sent her a message asking where she got her pins, explaning i was scared of buying scrappers ( although i had already paid, i just wanted to verify)

She told me that she got them by trading with staff at disney world that she believes they are all official because ones that she finds that dont look official, she doesnt sell. She also said, However there are so many scrappers out there, that sometimes i might miss a few. THEN she asked me if I saw any ones that dont look official in her shop and if I knew of anyways to tell if they were fake. I refeared her to pinpics (which she already uses)

This is the part that made me happy and feel she is trust worthy~~
I told her i was concerned about 2 of the pins i had ordered, and she took a look at them, and decided that one was fine, however one of them, she couldnt tell... SO SHE GAVE IT TO ME FREE She said she didnt feel right thinking there may be a pin thats fake being bought. PLUS if i dont like any of the pins (and this is also stated on her site) that i can return them within 14 days for a full refund + the price of shipping to send it back.
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #1772
katnskye
Earning My Ears

ya thanks i have a few ebay sellers that ive bought stuff from already but its mostly all the same stuff. but thanks anyways
katnskye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 02:16 AM   #1773
mybediswet
Earning My Ears

Hey guys, I'm really interested in starting pin trading and was curious if anyone knew any ebay sellers who sell lots around 30. I have tried going threw the green list, but all I have seen is individual pins. I don't really care if it's in orginal packaging or not, as long as I can trade them with the disney crew

Any advice would be appreciated!
mybediswet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #1774
Bertnie20
Mouseketeer

bizzybee is on the green list and she sells lots
Bertnie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #1775
mybediswet
Earning My Ears

I checked out bizzybee and it says that she is away till July 5th. I am going to Disney early August, and I don't think the shipment will arrive on time if I wait.
mybediswet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #1776
DBinNC
Earning My Ears

I recently received an order I placed with bizzybee1. Order placed 5/22 and received on 5/26. Pins look perfect! Pin sets in the original Disney packaging. I couldn't be happier. I think if she is back in early July and you place an order right away, you should have no problem getting the pins in time for an early August vacation. I bought from bizzybee1 after two bad scrapper experiences on ebay. She has restored my confidence in ordering from ebay - you can get inexpensive, authentic pins if you know where to buy. Good luck.
DBinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #1777
hayhayhanna
Earning My Ears

okay, so, i've read a lot of the pages on here, and i've learned a TON about scrappers, so thank you everyone on this thread.

but anyways, i've been looking at some pins from the ebay seller evaandmike, and i've looked into their feedback, and they don't have anything negative, or about scrappers or anything.

however, should i be concerned about the price of 8.50 for 10 pins?

has anyone bought from them? i'd like to know if i should be trusting of this seller. thank you.
hayhayhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #1778
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybediswet View Post
I checked out bizzybee and it says that she is away till July 5th. I am going to Disney early August, and I don't think the shipment will arrive on time if I wait.
I purchased from bb1 and received my pins very quickly. I would say if you let them know you have an upcoming trip they will ship to you quite fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayhayhanna View Post
okay, so, i've read a lot of the pages on here, and i've learned a TON about scrappers, so thank you everyone on this thread.

but anyways, i've been looking at some pins from the ebay seller evaandmike, and i've looked into their feedback, and they don't have anything negative, or about scrappers or anything.

however, should i be concerned about the price of 8.50 for 10 pins?

has anyone bought from them? i'd like to know if i should be trusting of this seller. thank you.
No, I would not trust that price/seller.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #1779
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Anyone know anything about ed_the_disney_dude?
theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #1780
hpin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBinNC View Post
I recently received an order I placed with bizzybee1. Order placed 5/22 and received on 5/26. Pins look perfect! Pin sets in the original Disney packaging. I couldn't be happier. I think if she is back in early July and you place an order right away, you should have no problem getting the pins in time for an early August vacation. I bought from bizzybee1 after two bad scrapper experiences on ebay. She has restored my confidence in ordering from ebay - you can get inexpensive, authentic pins if you know where to buy. Good luck.
Hi did u buy from bizzybee1 in lots? Just want to have a sense of how much I should expect to pay for a real non-scrapper lot. I just want to have an authetic lot to start with... Thx
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #1781
hpin
Earning My Ears

I saw funmamas on the green list and comments that she used to sell scrappers. Anyone has deal with her recently? I would like to get a real lot even if it's more $. Thx
Old 06-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #1782
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
Anyone know anything about ed_the_disney_dude?
I have not so I can't say for sure but I would exercise caution when buying from him. Simply because I use caution with all new vendors. He's using photos from pinpics and I prefer to to see sellers using their own photos, but at $2 a pin it would probably be OK to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpin View Post
Hi did u buy from bizzybee1 in lots? Just want to have a sense of how much I should expect to pay for a real non-scrapper lot. I just want to have an authetic lot to start with... Thx
I have no recent dealing with bizzybee1 but they are highly recommended. I tend to pay $2-3 per pin for traders that are legit. I'm not sure if bb1 has lots or not.

Quote:
I saw funmamas on the green list and comments that she used to sell scrappers. Anyone has deal with her recently? I would like to get a real lot even if it's more $. Thx
I have not purchased from them so I can't say for sure. Her auctions look OK but I would use caution.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #1783
WhitDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybediswet View Post
Hey guys, I'm really interested in starting pin trading and was curious if anyone knew any ebay sellers who sell lots around 30. I have tried going threw the green list, but all I have seen is individual pins. I don't really care if it's in orginal packaging or not, as long as I can trade them with the disney crew

Any advice would be appreciated!
Type in 'Disney pin booster lot new' in the search box in Ebay. Bunches of new booster sets of 7 pop up for $15.95. Yay!
WhitDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #1784
DBinNC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I bought 2 lots, each with 25 pins and each costing $49.95. The pins came in the original packaging with the sticker price. Sets I received included Toy Story Mania, Princess and the Frog, Muppets Vinylmation, among others. One set my husband liked so much we decided to keep it!

Overall, I was very, very satisfied and am confident the pins are authentic. I will buy from bizzybee1 again without any hesitation. Definitely better than the "deal" I got on a lot of 50 for $34.95...lesson learned! I don't want to knowingly perpetuate trading of the fake scrapper pins so I had to throw most of those away.
DBinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #1785
hpin
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBinNC View Post
I bought 2 lots, each with 25 pins and each costing $49.95. The pins came in the original packaging with the sticker price. Sets I received included Toy Story Mania, Princess and the Frog, Muppets Vinylmation, among others. One set my husband liked so much we decided to keep it!

Overall, I was very, very satisfied and am confident the pins are authentic. I will buy from bizzybee1 again without any hesitation. Definitely better than the "deal" I got on a lot of 50 for $34.95...lesson learned! I don't want to knowingly perpetuate trading of the fake scrapper pins so I had to throw most of those away.
Thank you this is really great news! can't wait for bizzybee1 to come back!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: