Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #1501
KrazyKollector
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know of any overseas sellers that are selling "good pins"? I am wondering about "beanapolar" and "wengraf123", both from France.

This thread needs to get more active! Please!
KrazyKollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #1502
rthib
Mouseketeer

Curious about this pin/seller

Noticed his finished Auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Micke...-/370537985887

I recognized the pin as one that is going to be released and even the ebay ad has the pinpic description as release Sept 8?

Is this a scrapper or some other explanation?
rthib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #1503
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Some pins are in the stores earlier than the release date.
DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #1504
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKollector View Post
Does anyone know of any overseas sellers that are selling "good pins"? I am wondering about "beanapolar" and "wengraf123", both from France.

This thread needs to get more active! Please!
I'm not an expert on Paris pins, but they seem legit.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #1505
rthib
Mouseketeer

Doing the Happy Dance

Ended up winning a bunch of auctions on ebay (bid on bunch to lower average shipping cost).

Pins arrived today.

All appear real! One was part of a series we had and matched, so YEAH!

Only bad part - Many are too nice.

Plans was to use them as traders for trip, but DD was so excited by some they went straight into her collection book.

Also very well protected (it felt like a sitcom, open the package to find another package inside another package etc...)

Very happy with gitanoman

Thanks for the advice from earlier on looking.

rthib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #1506
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

Total newbie to pins here so I'm really not sure what I'm looking for. I'm starting to shop for christmas presents for my dd's who want to try pin trading next trip. There are so many sellers on ebay, that I'm not sure where to start. I've tried to look for sellers listed as green at the beginning of this thread but many of them have nothing listed. I have purchased a few from totaljohn and am waiting to bid on a few more over the next few days. Has anyone had any dealings with blue-butterfly-boutique or mr.disneycollecter or disney_pins_and_vinyls I am limited to who I can buy from as many will not ship to Australia.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris

Last edited by PrincessBelle39; 09-08-2011 at 11:04 PM.
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #1507
emailbrittny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
If you used your credit card thru paypal you can open a dispute with your cc company. You may not have to return them at all if you go thru your cc company. I did this and was able to keep the scrappers, which we are using on our cork board as push pins.

yes, you will be obsessed...I collect Maleficent and man oh man she's hard to find! LOL DD15 collects HM. You can see photos on pinpics, as a pp said you just have to change your view to thumbnail up towards the top of the page.

Even booster packs can be faked, you have to use caution anytime you buy from eBay. I try to pay no more than $2-3 per trading pin as well but it can be a challenge. It kills me how some sellers say they ship directly from China...I mean really?? I wish eBay would do more about scrapper sellers but they don't seem to care at all.
Thank you for your responses.

So did you tell your cc that you had conterfeit items or that it was fradulent transaction?

I will have to try pinpics thumbnails now I know it exists

I agree about the booster sets. I checked all of the packages cuz they can be open and resealed (sticky back). One obviously had been opened. It was the hip lanyard. I could also tell that one pin had been taken off and repoked thru the lanyard. I checked it really good to make sure all the pins were legit, they looked good. The other packages I could tell were not opened, but I checked the pins just in case.

Im very selective on what I buy now after getting educated from true collectors. I still cant tell if some are real or fakes, but the iffy pins we will just keep for fun. My daughter is 2 she could care less
emailbrittny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #1508
emailbrittny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailbrittny View Post
So did you tell your cc that you had conterfeit items or that it was fradulent transaction?
So I contacted my cc. They started 2 claims for my fradulent pins. I did notify them that both sellers said the pins were authentic. One seller did state she bought them on ebay and assumed they were authentic (they were not). She stated I could return the pins at my cost. Once I told the cc company that, they insisted I try to return them first. Once I explained I do not want these in circulation that they were conterfiet items they finally agreed to initiate a claim. It seems only if the seller insists they are authentic items and they do not offer a refund will my cc company initiate a claim. I did ask if they go thru paypal or ebay or both. They didnt have a clear answer only that the investigation dept would be looking into it. I told them that ebay needs to start cracking down on known conterfiet items for sale on their site. I also stated I did not go thru paypal because of the direct relationship they have with ebay and its sellers.

Credit of $41.41 and a lot full of garbage pins...lol. I am going to back some of them magnets I think. The rest I will let my DD use as toys, after I remove the pin back. Maybe I will put them in her easter eggs next year.
emailbrittny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #1509
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Reading through these threads puts me off trying to use ebay. Is there another good source for cheap pins? I'd like to get a lot for my son just for the joy of trading. We dont care about themes or anything like that. He's just going to trade anthing I buy. But I hav no idea where to look. The $7 a pin at the parks is pretty hefty.
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #1510
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I tried trading with CMs during a recent trip and the cast lanyards are filled with scrappers, even first thing in the morning. It is too hard to tell the real from the fake and I did this for many years.
Wait...so the cast members arent trained to spot the fake ones? I've been sitting here fretting about where to buy pins because I didnt want to give any scrappers to the CMs. Now Im wondering what difference it makes.

I understand if you're collecting and it makes more sense to buy from a reputable source. But if you have a cmall child who just wants to trade for the fun of the trade, do I need to be so worried about where I get the pins if the are just going to give him scrappers anyway?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #1511
Orlando313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Wait...so the cast members arent trained to spot the fake ones? I've been sitting here fretting about where to buy pins because I didnt want to give any scrappers to the CMs. Now Im wondering what difference it makes.

I understand if you're collecting and it makes more sense to buy from a reputable source. But if you have a cmall child who just wants to trade for the fun of the trade, do I need to be so worried about where I get the pins if the are just going to give him scrappers anyway?
I get a lot of scrappers/counterfits from CM's. I can usually tell that they are, but if I like it, I keep it.

When you're in the Orlando area, the Premium Outlet Mall right outside Disney property has a Disney store where you can find pins for $1-$3 at times. Thats what my friends and I do to get traders. My friend bought 5 sets of a Jungle Book set with moving parts that was LE2000, originally like $40 or something for $10 each! That's $10 for 4 really nice pins which comes to $2.50 each. I traded some of mine for one of her sets and kept them! You just have to look for the deals there, sometimes they have some, and sometimes they don't. It's the luck of the draw.
Orlando313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #1512
sandyabernathy
Earning My Ears

Junk eBay Pins

In March, I made a purchase from gomf03. 100 pins for $92. We got these pins out for a trip. I did not closely examine the pins back in March, I just put them in the pile for our future trip.

I got them out for our trip, attempted to trade them, only to be shown that they were definitely not Disney material.

Some of the edges were rough, the colors wrong, and date stamps incorrect.

Do NOT purchase from this vendor. They advertise that they are selling their personal collection and that they are a christian family. WOW, buyer beware.
sandyabernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #1513
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

I would stay away from mr disney collector. My sister purchased from him/her and the majority of the pins are fake or suspicious. Blue butterfly and disneypinvinyl seem okay.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #1514
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

Just looking for a little advice here -- I collected pins for several years, but I'm no longer as interested in trading, so I've been trying to sell some of the pins in my collection (I have nothing for sale right now). But while some have sold, most haven't, and I'm trying to figure out why. I put them in groups of 7-10 pins, and price them for generally about $1.75/pin. The groups often have a theme -- food and wine, Mickey, holidays. I have a 100% rating on ebay, and my shipping costs are reasonable. Any idea why they aren't selling? I know I can't compete with the scrapper sellers -- I'd rather keep them than sell them for much less. Should I put them in bigger groups? Sell them individually? Not have themed groups? (I do list some individual pins -- I have several very limited edition pins). I put in the listing that they're from my personal collection (although from the post above, maybe that's not such a good thing ). Any suggestions you can offer are appreciated before I try to put them up again (I got tired of paying ebay when I'm not making sales).

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #1515
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23 View Post
Just looking for a little advice here -- I collected pins for several years, but I'm no longer as interested in trading, so I've been trying to sell some of the pins in my collection (I have nothing for sale right now). But while some have sold, most haven't, and I'm trying to figure out why. I put them in groups of 7-10 pins, and price them for generally about $1.75/pin. The groups often have a theme -- food and wine, Mickey, holidays. I have a 100% rating on ebay, and my shipping costs are reasonable. Any idea why they aren't selling? I know I can't compete with the scrapper sellers -- I'd rather keep them than sell them for much less. Should I put them in bigger groups? Sell them individually? Not have themed groups? (I do list some individual pins -- I have several very limited edition pins). I put in the listing that they're from my personal collection (although from the post above, maybe that's not such a good thing ). Any suggestions you can offer are appreciated before I try to put them up again (I got tired of paying ebay when I'm not making sales).

If they definately arent scrappers, I would be interested in buying some. I dont really care what they are so it could be the less valuable ones. I just want to make sure they are real. I dont really want my son to try to trade something fake only to have a CM refuse it. That would be embarrassing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: