Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #121
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
Ohh that is exciting you have ressies at V&A's!!

Do you know if all of your guests like sushi? I personally do not like it, and I always feel bad when something is offered, or paid for for me, and I won't eat it. I would say if not everyone likes sushi, you should offer flat bread as well. I'm also a huge fan of flat bread!
I agree...I would not eat sushi...even if you paid me. But Flat breads are a great idea. I have always been a fan of flatbreads at CG!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #122
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
that's awesome you'll be deciding on your floral soon. Does Rosie's assistant make the first contact? I was wondering when I needed to start figuring out floral...

Sushi would be such a fun appetizer!!! I think if your guests would enjoy it and it's not too expensive to add it on, it would be a nice addition if it goes with the rest of your menu. I'm a huge fan of sushi - I will have to try it at Cali Grill since the DF and I have that on our ADR for the disneymoon. I'm not too sure about the flat bread but I don't know what it really is I guess. Do they serve it with hummus or a dip? If it's light, that could also work but you probably could just do one or the other.
Rosie's assistant, Jennifer, emailed me and then we emailed back and forth trying to set up a date and I emailed her all the inspiration pics I had.

I'm not crazy about sushi but I will eat it, a lot of people we're inviting love it, there's only a few people invited that will not eat it.

Quote:
Ohh that is exciting you have ressies at V&A's!!

Do you know if all of your guests like sushi? I personally do not like it, and I always feel bad when something is offered, or paid for for me, and I won't eat it. I would say if not everyone likes sushi, you should offer flat bread as well. I'm also a huge fan of flat bread!
I'm super excited for V&A's. We're total foodies so this is a dream for us.

I know a lot of our 30 guests like sushi so it's not a problem, I know the flat breads will probably go over better because they are just yummy goodness. I just hope we can get flat breads that early in the day.

Who knows, maybe I'll just get both if I can, lol.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #123
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
I agree...I would not eat sushi...even if you paid me. But Flat breads are a great idea. I have always been a fan of flatbreads at CG!
Most of my guests enjoy sushi so it would be well received. I just think the flat breads would be delish. I loved CG flatbreads so much the last few times we've been there for dinner and I just hope we can get them.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #124
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Wishes minimum for weekday before 2pm now $10k

So now that I have this info confirmed by my wedding planner she is having a sales person call me to discuss specifics.

I am spending at the moment about $9000 on my Escape ceremony and lunch. This is not including extras like different flowers and the added appetizers I wanted to include or taxes/service fees on the lunch. Seeing that I'm close to the now $10k minimum for weekday wedding beginning before 2pm I think I'll be changing back to a Wishes wedding. Gotta make the most of my money, right?

Amy, my planner seemed to think this was a good idea after we spoke and calculated my costs so far. And I have to agree that it's a good idea as well. I want more flexibility and maybe some dancing at my reception so this is allowing me to have all that.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #125
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

That is so awesome you are able to switch! I really wish I would have known about that as well...but I think it is too late for me now. Oh well, at least it works out for some people!! I'm glad you can take advantage of the change!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #126
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
That is so awesome you are able to switch! I really wish I would have known about that as well...but I think it is too late for me now. Oh well, at least it works out for some people!! I'm glad you can take advantage of the change!
Have you called and asked? I don't see how they would say no when it's not a loss for them. It doesn't hurt to try.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #127
Boardwalk_bride

I emailed today, just to ask for them to extend my reception...that is really all I care about. We are spending WAY more than $10,000, and I just didn't want to bother switching everything, but now that I'm adding up all the costs, it looks like a wishes may be cheaper.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #128
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
I emailed today, just to ask for them to extend my reception...that is really all I care about. We are spending WAY more than $10,000, and I just didn't want to bother switching everything, but now that I'm adding up all the costs, it looks like a wishes may be cheaper.
I don't think they would make it diffcult to switch everything. They would probably be happy to make the switch, my planner always seems so happy when I bombard her with questions.

I hope it works out!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #129
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Officially a Wishes Bride...

So, when I initially started the WDW Wedding planning process we were going with a Wishes wedding because the wedding was over a year away and we had a great savings plan in place that would allow us to pay for the bulk of the wedding in cash. That was with a $12k minimum expenditure. Well when the plans changed and we moved the wedding to June we knew we could not afford $12k plus taxes and service charges that would push us to close to $15k

So we went with an Escape wedding and lunch reception, we wanted to spend $10k plus taxes and services charges because we could afford that with what we already had in savings. Then the $10,000 minimum expenditure for a Wishes wedding popped up, and the requirements fit my already planned Escape ceremony perfectly. We were having a 12pm ceremony and a 1pm reception that was just going to be a lunch and cake cutting, nothing else.

Now we will be able to have the full reception that includes dancing and all the extras that I wasn't able to have because I was an Escape bride.

We're excited and we're going to woork very hard to keep our total as close to the $10,000 as possible. I think we can do it!

I just received my contract by email so it's now official!

I think I'm most excited for a planning session. We won't get to taste the food bc California Grill doesn't do tastings but we'll get to do everything else!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #130
Boardwalk_bride

That is awesome that you made the switch!! The planning session, in my opinion, is definitely a big perk if you are able to make it (I assume that is no problem for you though). Did you schedule a date for that yet?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #131
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

congrats on becoming a wishes bride!!!

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #132
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
That is awesome that you made the switch!! The planning session, in my opinion, is definitely a big perk if you are able to make it (I assume that is no problem for you though). Did you schedule a date for that yet?
I nee dto get my planner before I can schedule it, but the remainder of the $10k minimum is due on March 16th so I need to do it soon, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
congrats on becoming a wishes bride!!!
Thanks!!
Old 02-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #133
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Contract signed and mailed in!

So we signed the contract and Danny was mailing out today since he is off from work.

According to the contract my $10k minimum expenditure is due Marck 16th so I guess I'll be booking my planning session soon. Thank goodness we just did our taxes and have a really nice size refund coming to both of us. It'll be the bulk of the remaining cash for us.

I'm so proud of us, even with buying a condo, moving expenses and all that we still will have close to the $10k saved and able to pay the wedding off in cash!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #134
amcc
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! A Disney wedding sounds like so much fun!

I think I remember you from some of the CVS threads - I'm from Miami and I remember thinking "Cool, there's at least one other person from Miami who does this"

Have a wonderful wedding and many many many happily ever after.

P.S. Your original shoes were awesome!
amcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #135
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcc View Post
Congratulations! A Disney wedding sounds like so much fun!

I think I remember you from some of the CVS threads - I'm from Miami and I remember thinking "Cool, there's at least one other person from Miami who does this"

Have a wonderful wedding and many many many happily ever after.

P.S. Your original shoes were awesome!
Thank you!! We're very excited for it.

I know, I loved the shoes too, but alas they don't match anymore

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: