Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #16
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
When we were deciding on reception site, we used ******************** a lot. The prices may be off but it gives you a good idea of what spaces are available and for how many people.

I am all for renting points, I think it's a great way to stay at a fabulous resort for a little bit less. I have done it several times!
Thanks, I've glanced at the site, I may need to look closer.

The fiance is sleeping in this morning, but I think I'm going to run the points thing by him, he flipped when I showed him the 2009 room prices. Renting seems so much cheaper, and it will allow us to stay at the same resort for our entire trip, instead of switching from a value for the first few nights to the deluxe for a few more nights.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Ok, so I'm thinking of calling the DFTW peeps and asking for a site visit. I'll be in Orlando in August with my mom and Danny so it's the perfect time. I'm not wavering between the gazebo and SBP for the ceremony.

I think a visit will be perfect.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #18
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Hi hi!
Just started reading your PJ, you two are so cute together!!!
I love, love, love how the dress looks on you, it is perfect!
Can't wait to read more!
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #19
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKat View Post
Hi hi!
Just started reading your PJ, you two are so cute together!!!
I love, love, love how the dress looks on you, it is perfect!
Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! And that was a sample dress that was waaay too small, I now have it in the perfect size and it's even more gorgeous!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #20
acomasdiaz
DIS Veteran

I love the dress! You look great! The shoes are so cute! I love Target too. It's like my second home. Can't wait to see what else you plan...
Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #21
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by acomasdiaz View Post
I love the dress! You look great! The shoes are so cute! I love Target too. It's like my second home. Can't wait to see what else you plan...
Thank you!

I love love love Target so much! I can't walk in there without dropping at least $75, lol! SO I try not to go too often.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #22
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Ok, so I was in Downtown Disney this past weekend and bought a few wedding items. I don't have pics yet because the AC has been out at my house so I haven't been staying there. Imagine 100+ degree weather and sitting in a HOT house, not fun.

So once the AC is fixed I will be posting pics.

I bought the Mickey and Minnie Wedding ears for our Save the Dates, I'm planning on taking a pic with us in them and finally letting everyone know it's a Disney Wedding.

I also bought a Wedding Mickey and Minnie Salt and pepper shaker set. Not to use but for the StD pics. My cousin is a photographer so she offered to do our Engagement session and a pic for the save the dates.

I'll be going back in August to visit the ceremony sites and take pics of them all. I called the wedding number and the man I spoke to told me that I can go visit any site, even the wedding pavillion as long as a wedding isn't going on. SO I will be doing that with my mom, Danny and probably a cousin.

So, I think I'm wavering between the gazebo and SBP. Any opinions? I like that for my wedding I can have everyone sitting under shade in SBP, we're Floridians so even December is hot for us, lol.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #23
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Trip to Universal Resort July 4th Weekend

So, during the July 4th holiday Danny and I went to the Universal Orlando Resort for the long weekend. We enjoyed our weekend very much. We stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel and had front of the line passes all weekend which was great because we all know how parks get during a holiday weekend.

On the way home we decided that we would go to Downtown Disney to walk around, shop, and (in my mind) look for wedding stuff

We went to World of Disney first and bought our Wedding Ears!

We are going to take a picture wearing the ears in our Save the Date. A family friend has a 1957 Red Thunderbird that Danny dies over.

He has kindly let us borrow it for our engagement pictures and we will also take a pic of us in the car with the ears on for our StD's. I'm really excited for us.

This was a very productive weekend in helping us get our save the dates and our engagement pictures Disney-fied

Next up... centerpieces...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #24
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Centerpieces

My mom realized the other day that getting centerpieces done by the Disney florist would be a pretty penny and since she has offered to help with the bulk of the reception costs she wants to save money, and I can't really blame her. I don't mind losing control when it saves me money, lol.

So since the wedding is so close to Christmas we decided that a christmas theme would be appropriate. Now it's nothing overtly green/red, lol. It's just a small touch in the centerpieces that will look something similar to this

Now, the candle will not be red, but white and the hurricane vase will be filled with red gemstones. The wreath around the vase will be plain with mickey confetti sprinkled all around it. I have bought the gems and confetti. The gems were on sale at Michaels and the confetti I had made in the wedding colors; Red, White, and Black.
I also bought Red, white and black ribbon that was on sale for 33 cents a spool. I will need them for the favor tags and at 3 for a $1 you can't beat it.

Next up... Invitations...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #25
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Invitations

So, we finally all decided on which invitations we will be using. It took over a month to finally decide between the 3 options I gave them (them being my mom, aunt, cousins, Future MIL and Danny). I knew black was going to be one of our wedding colors so what they chose went perfectly with the theme.

Invitations

Favor Tags

Seating Cards

I'm very pleased with what was chosen. I love the Black/white/red combination.

Now to think about bouquet options...
Old 07-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #26
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Welcome! All your plans sound great so far! Your dress looks great on you!

I love the Mickey confetti and the centerpiece idea, if I lived closer to Disney I would make them myself too. The invitations are great too and really fit your theme!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #27
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

sorry double post
Old 07-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #28
missy0107
Mouseketeer

I love everything you've done so far, fantastic centerpieces! Can't wait to see more!

My PJ: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2173348

OKW 1/00 - OKW 5/02 - Pop 1/07 - ASMu 1/08 - SSR 1/09 - OKW 12/09 (wedding!)
missy0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:22 PM   #29
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

I love your STD idea! The invites look great too! May I ask where you got them?

We're also doing a Christmas-y theme!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #30
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
Welcome! All your plans sound great so far! Your dress looks great on you!

I love the Mickey confetti and the centerpiece idea, if I lived closer to Disney I would make them myself too. The invitations are great too and really fit your theme!
Thanks! My mom came up with the centerpiece idea when we were thinking of how close the wedding is to xmas. And we're having a small wedding so making the centerpieces is easy when we only have to make 3 or 4, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy0107 View Post
I love everything you've done so far, fantastic centerpieces! Can't wait to see more!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcow View Post
I love your STD idea! The invites look great too! May I ask where you got them?

We're also doing a Christmas-y theme!
Thanks, Danny saw the car at our family's house a few weeks ago and kept telling me about it so I called them and asked if we could use it, he's so excited.

The invites I found at this site... http://weddingneeds.cceasy.com/order...mat=WedEnsCC2a
I'm off to read your PJ, it's so soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: