Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #211
puente0629
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
We just got back from the tasting... YUM!

So much food and it was all delicious! I really don't have many pictures because it went by very quickly. I do have a pic of the fajita station and pre reception items but that's it. When I get back from the 1pm session at Franck's I will post things more in detail.
yayyy!!! i can't wait!!! lol
Old 03-26-2010, 06:10 PM   #212
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
LOVE your eye make up...it looks great!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
your hair looks beautiful! I love the plum make-up but both look great!

I saw you guys in the room, well I saw your DF. But then you were having a great time and laughing and my planner closed the door on your room so we could discuss the linens.

Glad to hear your tasting went well. I know, we had soooo much food too! Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Thanks, I liked both too but the plum really stuck out as the winner.

That was your planner? lol, we were laughing at so many things. Our planner was great! I think I saw you guys in the room when we walked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puente0629 View Post
yayyy!!! i can't wait!!! lol
I'll be home tomorrow so I'll upload everything then. I'm so tired today.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #213
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by girli565 View Post
Thanks!!

Thanks, I liked both too but the plum really stuck out as the winner.

That was your planner? lol, we were laughing at so many things. Our planner was great! I think I saw you guys in the room when we walked in.

I'll be home tomorrow so I'll upload everything then. I'm so tired today.
LOL, yeah, we were talking over linens and you guys were having too much fun. It had been a pretty long day at that point, we'd been there since 9 am, but we had a great time. Lol, did my DF look like he was about to pass out from eating too much? If so it was definitely him. We were in the room across from yours. I think it was Merriweather.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #214
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

I love your makeup!! How did your planning session go?
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #215
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Love the plum make-up, it looks fantastic. Your hair looked great too! Cannot wait to hear more and see pics!

Kristine
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #216
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

I want to place another vote for the plum make up, I think it looks fantastic on you as well!

You looked beautiful and your hair was so pretty!
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #217
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
LOL, yeah, we were talking over linens and you guys were having too much fun. It had been a pretty long day at that point, we'd been there since 9 am, but we had a great time. Lol, did my DF look like he was about to pass out from eating too much? If so it was definitely him. We were in the room across from yours. I think it was Merriweather.
Lol, there was so much food! He did look tired. Before we came to the session at Francks Danny was asking how long we would be there. Lmao! I just told him we were having cake and he was sold no matter how long it took. And we were there for a while, from 1-4pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
I love your makeup!! How did your planning session go?
Thank you! We're drivng home as I type this on my Iphone soonce we're back in Miami I'll start it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
Love the plum make-up, it looks fantastic. Your hair looked great too! Cannot wait to hear more and see pics!

Kristine
thanks, I was so happy with my hair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKat View Post
I want to place another vote for the plum make up, I think it looks fantastic on you as well!

You looked beautiful and your hair was so pretty!
the plum is a definite! I really loved it. Patricia did an amazing job. I loved my hair, she made it much more full than I thought it could look.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #218
puente0629
DIS Veteran

How long was the planning session including the menu tasting?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #219
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by puente0629 View Post
How long was the planning session including the menu tasting?
Our menu tasting was from 9:30-11:30am and them we went back to our hotel and napped because we actually finished at 10:45am bc we really loved everything on our menu and only changed one thing.

Then we left our hotel at 12:30pm to get to francks at 1pm. We were there for 3 hours jut going through everything from getting hair and makeup to the end of the reception. Timeline and cake took about and hour and 20 minutes then floral came in and that took up the remainder of the time. We also talked a lot because I really liked Carol and Laura, they are AMAZING!!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #220
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Everything we did in 2 and a half days...

So I already covered Thursday's hair trial, thank you all for your kind words!

Now onto Friday...

We woke up at 7:30am and we all three (me, mom, and Danny) had to shower and get dressed... with only one bathroom. Imagine how long that took. I wished my hair would have held up but the curls were crushed from sleeping so I had to wash my hair

We piled into the car once we were ready and drove to the Yacht Club, the guard had a list of all wedding related events going on so he saw our names and let us right in. We parked and saw our names on the entrance screen!!

We head to the conference room and are greeted by someone with a headset, she asks if we need anything to drink and I ask for some coffee, mom gets orange juice and Danny some water. We have Gloria as our server and she was wonderful. Finally Carol walks in and already loves us because we are early. We get right to business and choose our napkin fold...

After that we meet Chef Tony and we get right to the food.

Our pre-reception options were a fajita station and jerk chicken on a sugar cane skewer.
Here is the whole spread

Here is the proteins

And a close up of the fajita fixings

Everything was delicious. The jerk chicken had a mango chutney with it that was perfectly spicy I wanted to bottle it up and take it home with me.

Now this is where we sucked... everything went by so quickly that the pre-reception items were all we got photos of

We tried cheddar cheese soup, an amazing mashed potato with prociutto (sp?), cheddar cheese, and sour cream, pepper rubbed sirloin with merlot demiglace, parm cursted chicken and two pastas one alfredo the other al la vodka. It was all amazingly good and we only really changed one thing and added another. We were done pretty quickly.

After we left we took a picture with our sign at the door to our room...

We then went back to our hotel in a food coma, LMAO! we all took quick naps... well mom and Danny napped, I was on the computer, ha! At 12:30 we left to go to Franck's and hit the major details of the wedding.

We arrived at Franck's and Carol met us immediately and we got down to business. She has a list and we worked our way through that list in detail. And then it was cake time...

We added red velvet, cream cheese frosting and peanut butter cup frosting to the normal flavors. I had to email Carol in advance to add those. Danny is not a cake person and he ended up inhaling almost all of it. It was so yummy. Our cake will be two layers, the bottom will be red velvet with cream cheese frosting and the second layer will be marble cake with raspberry mousse. That combination was DELICIOUS! The cake itself will be square, fondant covered and mickey delight but our stamps will be black and aquamarine (teal). We were very happy that we could get the colors.

Once we worked through all those things Laura Kidd came in and we went though all the floral things we wanted. My bouquet ended up being made up of medium to fuchsia shades of hydrangeas and peonies, it'll be a bit bigger than the normal bouquet size, normal is usually 8 inches and mine will be 10 inches. I'm not a small girl so I need something that will not be lost on me. Danny's bout will be 3 small orchids wrapped in a teal ribbon. The mom's corsages will be a paler pink peony.

We talked chair covers with teal sashes in a rusched tafeta. The cocktail hour tables will be high boys with just a sprinkle of mickey confetti, not too much because people are only going to be there an hour. And our altar and later reception centerpieces will be a square ceramic black vase with an arrangement of pale pink and ivory hydrangea and 3-5 peonies sprinkled in for a pop of color. They will be low vases, maybe 16 inches high. We will have 3 on the altar and two placed on pillars right at the first pews, then they will be tranferred to the reception as centerpieces on the four tables and 1 sweetheart table.

We had a wonderful time and left Franck's at 4pm! We were all exhausted!

So Saturday was supposed to be the day we drove over to Tampa to see my aunt but she couldn't get time off and we decided we would head to Downtown Disney. We parked right by Tren-D and o course what do they have right at the register? The Dooney and Burke purses! And what does my mom surprise me with? The huge tote!

She's crazy and I told her to return it but she wanted to make it my wedding gift, lol! She's nuts!

Then we went to the design a tee place and I made Danny and myself groom and bride t-shirts with our date...

And they come in these cute bags.

And that was our PS trip. We fit a lot in two and a half days! We're exhausted.

If anyone has any questions please ask them, I know I missed some things.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #221
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Awesome! I can't believe you got all that done in 2 days! I'd be whooped too! Everything sounds awesome! I want cake!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #222
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
Awesome! I can't believe you got all that done in 2 days! I'd be whooped too! Everything sounds awesome! I want cake!
I know, we did so much. When we got home last night we were so tired we just went right to bed!
Old 03-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #223
MsEsty
DIS Veteran

That fajita bar looks nom!

Thanks for the tips about the D&B bag...if I could put one on my registry I would! If I can dare ask *gulp* how much are they?
Old 03-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #224
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Oh, the fajita station looks so awesome! I really wanted to have that for my wedding...but was out-voted. It is definitely my one regret in the planning process that I didn't stick to it, especially now seeing how nice they set it up.

Your cake flavours sound really good! I haven't had red velvet cake, but I see that starbucks sells red velvet and cream cheese cupcakes, so I am going to have to try it to see what the fuss is about!

I love your bride and groom shirts, I'm totally going to do that as soon as I get to WDW.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #225
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Yum!! Those fajitas look awesome!
And the cake tasting... oh I can't wait for ours!

Your mom is so sweet!

I found an awesome tote at HS in February, it had the castle and Tink smack dab in the center on the front and Mickey and Minnie right on the center on the back, just perfect placement of the pattern.

DH kept trying to make me buy it, he said: "It is perfect! Come on! Live a little! We'll be just fine"

But I couldn't get myself to do it, instead I pointed it out to another lady that was browsing around them and let her have it instead, she was so happy it made my day.

I already have a wristlet and I am happy with it, I just don't think I would use the tote as much... now if my mom bought it for me I'd say yesss!
I know right? I am bit crazy
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: