Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #196
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

just caught up with everything. Your invites look fantastic, I love the bright color against the black! Have fun at your planning session!!

PS. My bff had a fajita bar at her wedding (not at Disney). It was a HUGE hit with the guests.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #197
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
just caught up with everything. Your invites look fantastic, I love the bright color against the black! Have fun at your planning session!!

PS. My bff had a fajita bar at her wedding (not at Disney). It was a HUGE hit with the guests.
Thanks, I wasn't happy at first with the blue color but it really looks nice. I wanted pink but I was vetoed pretty quickly by Danny and the designer, lol!

I really hope people like the fajita bar! I adore mexican food so I was really excited to hear it was an option!
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #198
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
Have fun @ your PS tomorrow!
It's actually Friday but I do have my hair trial tomorrow afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKat View Post
Have fun at your PS! Can't wait to hear all about it!
And keep up the great job on the weight loss front!
I know it can get annoying when weight doesn't come off fast enough, but the boot camp seems like a great idea!
Thanks, I'll be taking tons of pictures so I can do a mini-TR.

Yeah, the weight is frustrating but I also enjoy food too much so while it's frustrating it's also my own fault for it happening so slowly. you know ? But bootcamp helps, all my jeans are big and even my belts don't help because I wear them on the last hole. I guess I'm losing inches more than weight.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #199
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Yup, you are building lean muscle and that's the ticket. Muscle weights more than fat and it boosts your metabolism, so it is good news!

Just keep an eye on the inches and don't fret about the scale. Keep an eye on the portion size of your meals and you will be just fine.

I have lost nearly 30lbs so far following those rules
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #200
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKat View Post
Yup, you are building lean muscle and that's the ticket. Muscle weights more than fat and it boosts your metabolism, so it is good news!

Just keep an eye on the inches and don't fret about the scale. Keep an eye on the portion size of your meals and you will be just fine.

I have lost nearly 30lbs so far following those rules
Portion control is my downfall. I think that's why I like weight watchers so much. It's like a puzzle trying to figure out how much I can eat in a day on the points I'm given. But I quickly realized that making dinner at home allowed me much more food for the points than eating out so in the last month we've barely gone out to eat. I think we've only been to a restaurant once and fast food twice. That's a huge step in the right direction when we used to eat out at least 3 times a week.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #201
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Hair Trial - kind of a live report

Good morning ladies!

So yesterday I went to Patricia LeJeune's studio near downtown Orlando to have my hair and makeup trial with my mom.

First, let me say, Patricia is so freaking adorable. She's so pretty and the studio is lovely. They just recently moved there because when I first emailed she was going to come to my hotel but then I got an email asking if we could go there.

So onto the makeup and hair. I wanted waves, soft one, nothing too tightly culred and I wanted a bump but not a severe one, just something that would have a little height so when I put my mantilla veil on it won't look plastered to my head. So here's the overall look

I have two different smoky eyes, one in a plums palette and one in a brown color palette. I had wanted browns but when Patricia saw my eye color and skin color she said that she would do both and we could choose which we liked.

And I'll give you a shot of the back of my hair
The product she used on my hair to hold the curls made my hair soooooooooooo shiny!

And then my mom did her hair trial too because she is so picky with her hair and she was worried that she wouldn't like her hair but Patricia did a wonderful job on her hair, she made it look so full and shiny. My mom has issues with her hair because she had some medical problems that really thinned out her hair but you couldn't tell from the hair do that Patricia did for her.

So I'm off to shower and get ready for my planning session today! I'll be back tonight to post pics and the rest of my mini report!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:52 AM   #202
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

You look amazing!!! I really love the way she did your eyes! I find so many brides who have her go with the natural look, so I am glad to see someone who had her do something more dramatic (since I would like the same). I think the plum makes your eyes really stand out!

Have fun with everything else!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #203
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Beautiful! I love it! Did you get lashes too? Or are those yours? (If so I'm jealous!)
Have fun at your planning session! Can't wait to read the TR!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #204
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Aww you look beautiful!! Your makeup and hair are amazing!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #205
DisneyCookie24
Planning my Big Day in the Wonderful World of Disney!

You look sooo gorgeous! The eyes are GREAT! She did a great job and you are going to rock it at your wedding! Have fun at the PS!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #206
puente0629
DIS Veteran

Wow, you look so pretty!!! Can't wait to hear more...

Where r u guys staying?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #207
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
You look amazing!!! I really love the way she did your eyes! I find so many brides who have her go with the natural look, so I am glad to see someone who had her do something more dramatic (since I would like the same). I think the plum makes your eyes really stand out!

Have fun with everything else!
I told her that while, yes, I'm getting married at 12pm I still want a strong eye but nothing too severe. I was so happy with the makeup! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
Beautiful! I love it! Did you get lashes too? Or are those yours? (If so I'm jealous!)
Have fun at your planning session! Can't wait to read the TR!
Thank you! I had initially wanted lashes but she told me that I didn't need them that with mascara she could make them super full and long. So those are mine with a ton of mascara on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStMandy View Post
Aww you look beautiful!! Your makeup and hair are amazing!!
Thank you!! I was so pleased with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCookie24 View Post
You look sooo gorgeous! The eyes are GREAT! She did a great job and you are going to rock it at your wedding! Have fun at the PS!!!!
Thank you!! I was so pleased with my hair, I was worried what I wanted wouldn't be possible because my hair is very thin. But she really made it full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puente0629 View Post
Wow, you look so pretty!!! Can't wait to hear more...

Where r u guys staying?
Thank you!! We're at an off site hotel bc we had points from our credit card that covered the stay.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #208
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

Back from the tasting...

We just got back from the tasting... YUM!

So much food and it was all delicious! I really don't have many pictures because it went by very quickly. I do have a pic of the fajita station and pre reception items but that's it. When I get back from the 1pm session at Franck's I will post things more in detail.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #209
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

LOVE your eye make up...it looks great!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #210
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

your hair looks beautiful! I love the plum make-up but both look great!

I saw you guys in the room, well I saw your DF. But then you were having a great time and laughing and my planner closed the door on your room so we could discuss the linens.

Glad to hear your tasting went well. I know, we had soooo much food too! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: