Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
tinkerbell34
wishinguponastar

Cab fare

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost to take a cab from MCO to Ft. Wilderness? My brother is going to try to fly in but won't know until the very last minute if he can. It makes it hard to reserve something....looking for the cheapest method of getting him to us. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
Totally Tink
Mouseketeer

Around 60.00

Totally Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
mcraige
DIS Veteran

I found this web site http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando and it calculated about $62 before the tip.
Disney World May 1998 - Off Site; September 1998 - Off Site; October 1999 - Off Site; March 2000 - All Star Music; March 2002 - All Star Movies; March 2004 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2006 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); December 2007 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); November 2010 - Old Key West (DVC); July 2011 - Off Site; November 2012 - Beach Club Villas (DVC); March 2013 - Saratoga Springs (DVC); May/June 2014 - Beach Club Villas/Kidani Village Vero Beach March 2004, July 2009 Disney Cruise Line May 2003, July 2009 Disneyland December 2002/January 2003 - Off Site; August 2008 - Off Site
mcraige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Disney_Freak56
DIS Veteran

Can't he use the Magical Express? Afterall, he's flying into the Orlando airport and traveling to a Disney resort? It's definitely the cheapest -- free!!

Disney_Freak56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #5
tinkerbell34
wishinguponastar

Thank you for your answers!!
I'm not sure how magical express works. I thought it was something additional you had to buy. The rest of the family is driving (we are FL residents) and he is the only one needing transportation. The hard thing about figuring out what to do is not knowing if he is going to be able to make it or not. He literally wont know until the last minute so I'm afraid to look into reserving anything. If magical express is something he can just show up for, and present he is on a reservation, then that would definitly work! I didn't think that was the case however. Does anyone know?
Old 06-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Disney_Freak56
DIS Veteran

Disney's Magical Express is free to any Disney resort guest. Flying into the Orlando Airport and staying at WDW resort -- such as Fort Wilderness -- entitles a guest to this service.

I would suggest that he (or you) go ahead and makes a reservation for him for the day and flight he may be taking. That way a spot is reserved for him on one of the Magical Express buses. If the reservation is made far enough in advance, he may also be able to receive the Magical Express luggage tags which he would place on his checked luggage at his home airport and then when he arrives in Orlando, he would just have to check in at the Magical Express desk where he will be directed to a line to wait for the next scheduled bus to take him to Fort Wilderness. If he doesn't receive the tags in time, no problem, he can describe his luggage to the Cast Member at the Magical Express desk and they will have someone bring his luggage to Fort Wilderness. He can, of course, always pick up his own luggage from the luggage carousel and take it with him to the Magical Express check-in desk and then it will be placed under the bus and brought with him to Fort Wilderness.

Resort Guests should contact Disney's Magical Express Guest Services at 866-599-0951. And they should be able to answer all your questions.

Here is a link from Allearsnet.com which explains, in great detail, all about Disney's Magical Express --

http://allears.net/acc/mexpress.htm

If for some reason, he is unable to join you, no worries. You (or he) can call and cancel his reservation. And if a cancellation is not made, don't stress over it. They won't charge you for a "no show."

Hope this helps and it definitely should save you a ton of money over a cab fare.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
tinkerbell34
wishinguponastar

Thank you SO much! I never knew magical express was a free service. I called up Disney already and they told me I need his flight number so as soon as I get that I'll be making his reservation. Free is great! Thank you guys so very much!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #8
Disney_Freak56
DIS Veteran

You're more than welcome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: