Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #91
blissventure
Thinks oeufs à la neige is the best dessert that was ever invented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidshop View Post
Thank goodness TLC made a good decision finally. No surprise it didn't come from the family. I think TLC is taking some heat over airing this show as it has unfolded this summer. These people, no these CHILDREN, and their lives should not be on TV.
Heck, I'll even hope that just maybe a TLC producer or photographer has finally gotten squeemish about what they are involved with. We've seen way too many intimate details of these kids lives. Pottying, you name it. Ugh. We don't really need to watch these children as they begin to walk the road of learning to deal with the pain of their parents divorce.
Maybe there is one TLC producer who has a limit to what they will use for "entertainment".

Old 06-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #92
Mom2Nick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidshop View Post
I guess they could still film right now to get next weeks episode, but it sounds to me like TLC called that off. (thank goodness) All the other taped footage is now out of date, it would seem to me. They can't get away with showing things out of order now, b/c it is fake and staged and frankly would be stupid.
I think they have no choice but to scrap or rework what they already have. Quite frankly this show has not been about the kids for some time and it has been focused on the drama that is their pathetic excuse of a relationship.

They need to find a way to completely refocus this show. Lots of editing needs to go on.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2009, 01:13 PM   #93
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Finkelstein View Post
ITA!

And I'm not sure whose lies you were talking about C.Ann?
Has it not been insinuated that Jodi and Kevin are lying? That the teacher's brother was lying? That Jon lied when he said he didn't know where Kate was? Not to mention what people have posted is being said on web sites all over the internet.. No lies anywhere? How about the rag sheets? Do you believe everything that has been said, printed, shown on numerous tv shows is true? If not, then you know what "lies" I am talking about..
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
Old 06-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #94
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey&minnie04 View Post
yes, it's public record....but do you think that it helps them by posting it on a message board? Most poeple wouldn't think about looking that up, but now many will click on it, when it's not any of our business. I thought that you had previously said that we needed to stop watching, and reading about these people and then the show would go away. Maybe I was mistaken, sorry if that wasn't you.
that link is all over the internet. I got it from another site .. adding it here might be contributing to the amount of people who see it, but not by much.

I'm choosing not to watch this season and I might have said something a time or two about people not watching the show, I can't really remember. But I've never been someone that's telling people to boycott or anything like that. (I do think that TLC needs to pull the show, though) And I'd never tell anyone not to read .. since I'm someone who provides many of the links on this thread

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #95
mickey&minnie04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Nick View Post
They didn't help themselves by announcing it on their show. Fair game. If you don't want to read stuff like that - don't click on the links.

Mom2Nick & Madge......you are missing my point. I asked if by posting that here isnt it just perpetuating ( not sure of the spelling ) the problem? I have no problem clicking the link or not. It just doesn't seem to be something one should do if we are to be leaving these people alone. I just asked a simple question.

While I was typing Madge answered my question...Thanks!

August 1996 ~ Fort Wilderness Campground
May 2002 ~ All Star Music
September 2004 Honeymoon~POFQ
November 2007 ~ Pop Century
May 2009 ~ All Star Movies
September 2011 ~ Pop Century
November/December 2014~ All Star Movies
Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #96
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

Quote:
I asked if by posting that here isnt it just perpetuating ( not sure of the spelling ) the problem?
It's not perpetuating anything... All it is is the first official confirmation of what was reported and stated in press releases. The details of the records are sealed, as they should be, and I think it's safe to say that most of us don't care what the accusations are between them. It's none of our business as far as I'm concerned.

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."
Old 06-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #97
Mom2Nick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mom2Nick & Madge......you are missing my point. I asked if by posting that here isnt it just perpetuating ( not sure of the spelling ) the problem? I have no problem clicking the link or not. It just doesn't seem to be something one should do if we are to be leaving these people alone. I just asked a simple question.

While I was typing Madge answered my question...Thanks!
Who decided we need to leave these people alone? The only way they will be left alone is if they stop making their "private lives" open to the public. They put everything out there and announced their marital issues and separation and divorce on the show - it's fair game.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #98
mickey&minnie04
DIS Veteran

That's what I'm trying to say...none of our business! Yet I find it ironic that people are seeking out these things and are on more then one message board dedicated to this. I have to admit that I have been sucked into this board, but I have not looked anywhere else for info...why would I there is so much "info" posted on this board. I wonder where half of this stuff comes from and how can anyone believe what is being read? "We" may be the problem reading all this stuff on the internet and then spreading it like wild fire! Before anyone gets upset, I include myself in that "We".

When I say "alone" I mean all the preaching that we should stop watching the show, etc....

August 1996 ~ Fort Wilderness Campground
May 2002 ~ All Star Music
September 2004 Honeymoon~POFQ
November 2007 ~ Pop Century
May 2009 ~ All Star Movies
September 2011 ~ Pop Century
November/December 2014~ All Star Movies
Old 06-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #99
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

So they filed in Montco. The County courthouses are just up the street from me.
4/87; 12/94; 8/00: DLP; 3/02; 5/06: DLR; 5/07: AS Sports/Dolphin TR; 2/08 SoCal/DLR TR; 6/08 CR/Pop PTR, 3/09 Princess Half; August AS Movies, 1/10: Marathon Weekend ; 3/10 Princess Half; 8/10 OKW; 10/10 offsite; 12/10 Poly; 1/11 BLT/CSR/AKV; 2/11 offsite
Old 06-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #100
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post
Has it not been insinuated that Jodi and Kevin are lying? That the teacher's brother was lying? That Jon lied when he said he didn't know where Kate was? Not to mention what people have posted is being said on web sites all over the internet.. No lies anywhere? How about the rag sheets? Do you believe everything that has been said, printed, shown on numerous tv shows is true? If not, then you know what "lies" I am talking about..
From your post it sounded as if you were talking specifically about Jon, Kate and TLC.

As for everything else, I just discount that, tabloids exist to sell copies and they will say and write what they need to sell. As for the others......they obviously have their own agendas and problems that they need to deal with. I tend to view that as malicious gossip and rumours.

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
Old 06-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #101
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
From your post it sounded as if you were talking specifically about Jon, Kate and TLC.

As for everything else, I just discount that, tabloids exist to sell copies and they will say and write what they need to sell. As for the others......they obviously have their own agendas and problems that they need to deal with. I tend to view that as malicious gossip and rumours.
May I ask then what information do you use to formulate your opinions just the show in and of itself? Pretty much everything that is being reported is coming from entertainment magazines and websites. Even the interviews Kate and Jon gave were both to People magazine.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #102
newtodis
Disney Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
from what I can tell, and hopefully you can clarify .. the rules are somehow different in Montgomery than Berks? The records can be sealed in Montgomery? I'm trying to make heads or tails of what I'm reading and honestly, it's not making sense. LOL.
When you figure it out will you share with the class please?

Quote:
They didn't help themselves by announcing it on their show. Fair game. If you don't want to read stuff like that - don't click on the links.
Agreed! Someone would have posted it eventually - either the link that madge did or when some magazine has it in their next issue....

Quote:
I think they have no choice but to scrap or rework what they already have. Quite frankly this show has not been about the kids for some time and it has been focused on the drama that is their pathetic excuse of a relationship.
I would think they could use the NC trip (and maybe that's what's "new" for next week's show). Kate was alone on the trip so they wouldn't need to explain where Jon is or anything at this point so I would think that's still usable. I wonder what happens to anyone who "sponsored" (is that the right word) anything in the episode/filming and it's not used? Would TLC/J&K/someone have to pay for its use? Just curious honestly...

I agree it's seemed to focus more on J&K than the kids lately. I think parents are a big part of the relationship and it was ok for them to "deal with" the J&K issues and they'll have to find a "mix" of kid and parent footage going forward I would think to keep a balance in the show.

I just hope both J&K are mature enough to be adult and come together for the kids. My mom and dad do not talk AT ALL - for no reason EVER! They wouldn't even sit on the same side of the church at my freaking wedding. We had a few "words" and I have a picture with both of them after the ceremony (because it was important to me - they're still my parents regardless of the craziness they've put into my life). That was the one and only time my dad ever saw my DS4 (he was 9 months at the time) and he's never seen DS2....

I can relate to Kate in the sense that I don't have many "close" people in my life. There are people here on the DISboards who probably know more about me than those in my "everyday" life. I don't like a lot of people to know my past - I don't want or need any pity for the way I grew up or was raised. I don't talk a lot about myself IRL - who wants to hear about all of my problems all day? We all have problems. I'm just not close with people and have an incredibly hard time making that connection - family and friends. We moved 1,000 miles away about 18 months ago and literally quit talking to just about everyone I knew there. I've kept in touch with a couple of people, but that's it. Now when we go to visit, if I run into one of them, I'll be nice about it. I know I'm not perfect and don't claim at all to be. I'm a very insecure person who tried very hard to keep that from people in my "real" life....

I also could have sat down and said pretty much every word Kate said last night....so I can understand where she's coming from on that front as well. I guess that's why I'm so tied up in this at this point -it's gotten personal for me.

I hope all of my rambling makes just a little bit of sense...

Nov/Dec PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35542292
Planning a mid Nov - mid Dec trip? Check out our thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2399320
Old 06-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #103
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcot luvr View Post
May I ask then what information do you use to formulate your opinions just the show in and of itself? Pretty much everything that is being reported is coming from entertainment magazines and websites. Even the interviews Kate and Jon gave were both to People magazine.
Yep, pretty much the show and any interviews they give themselves. Everything else just tends to be 'secondhand' and I don't give that as much credence.

My personal opinion is that Jodi and Kevin have their own agendas and issues, and have an axe to grind with Kate and Jon. (Justified or not I don't know, I wasn't there with them when it all happened) That just means I tend to view what they say with a jaundiced eye...

But again, my personal opinion, just like everyones else has their own opinion.

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
Old 06-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #104
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yep, pretty much the show and any interviews they give themselves. Everything else just tends to be 'secondhand' and I don't give that as much credence.

My personal opinion is that Jodi and Kevin have their own agendas and issues, and have an axe to grind with Kate and Jon. (Justified or not I don't know, I wasn't there with them when it all happened) That just means I tend to view what they say with a jaundiced eye...

But again, my personal opinion, just like everyones else has their own opinion.

Thanks for your answer. I do think Jodi and Kevin in their first interview were not using their best judgemnt. I was sort of happy to think they would set the record straight and then it just didn't come off that well. It is frustrating to even state an opinion either way on the situation because as soon as one person says X about Jon there is another person who counters with Y about Kate, and all of the information is in fact gossip. I hope it will all quiet down and the kids will have a real summer break.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #105
newtodis
Disney Lover!

Jon & Kate Plus 8 star Jon Gosselin is reportedly planning to move to New York City and get a job now that his separation from Kate Gosselin has been publicly announced.

"Jon is planning on living and working in New York during the week and staying home with the kids on Friday, Saturday and Sunday while Kate is away," Brian Sep, a 15-year friend of Jon's, told Life & Style magazine in a report published shortly before Monday night's Jon & Kate Plus 8 broadcast in which the couple formally announced their plans to separate and end their ten-year marriage.

Sep's comment is consistent with last week's reports that Jon was seen apartment hunting in New York City on Thursday.

According to the reports, Jon was spotted checking out an apartment at Trump Place, a multi-building high-rise apartment complex on Manhattan's Upper West Side.

"Supposedly the apartment is a river-facing 1 bedroom that has been for rent, and rents at about $3200 a month," a building resident told Gawker.com.

"[Jon] has been going back and forth to New York a lot," a source told People.

Sep also confirmed what the couple suggested during their individual Jon & Kate Plus 8 interviews -- that, as the recent media coverage of their individual appearances had indicated, they had already begun living separate lives.

"Jon really seems like he's back to his old self," he told Life & Style. "Whatever decision has been made, Jon seems to be at peace with it and in a good place. He doesn't know where Kate is when he's gone [but] I think that's okay with him."

Monday night's heavily-hyped Jon & Kate Plus 8 broadcast had featured the couple publicly announcing that they are separating and the TLC reality program stating they are "dissolving" their marriage.

"Kate and I have decided to separate," Jon said during an individual interview in which Kate wasn't present.

"Yes, we have decided that we will separate," Kate said in her own separate interview.

Jon and Kate both seemed careful to avoid terming their decision a divorce, as did an on-screen title card that aired near the end of the broadcast.

"On Monday June 22, 2009, legal proceedings were initiated in Pennsylvania to dissolve the ten-year marriage of Jon and Kate Gosselin," the text stated, confirming Monday afternoon reports of a legal filing at a county courthouse near the couple's home in Wernersville, PA.

Based on the comments made during their separate interviews, it appeared as though Jon was the one who pushed for the separation. (Unlike last month's fifth-season premiere which featured a brief side-by-side interview with Jon and Kate, Monday night's episode continued the fifth season's new individual interview format and did not feature any joint interviews with the couple.)

"I tried to contemplate and think about it what would be better for us and it's just not good for our kids to be arguing in front of our kids. We can't be cordial with one another and we've decided to separate," Jon said.

"I'm not very fond of the idea, personally," Kate said. "But I know it's necessary because my goal is peace for kids and if peace needs to be brought about by this then I'm in agreeance."

According to the couple, all eight children -- 8-year-old twins Cara and Mady, as well as 5-year-old sextuplets Aaden, Alexis, Collin, Hannah, Joel, and Leah -- will continue to live in the $1.1 million dollar 24-acre home the couple bought last year, with Jon and Kate also taking turns living there depending on who has custody of them at the time.

"The kids will remain living in their house -- I've always called this their house. I will remain here as well during my portion of having them. Jon will also come here when it is his days and we will flip-flop that way," Kate said. "It's going to change a lot because I'm going to have time that I have to be away from here."

"They love it here, this is their house, we bought this house for them not for us. The security, the room, the land -- [it's] all for them," Jon said. "I won't be here every day obviously. I don't have the schedule [yet], I'll miss them a lot."

Both parents said they plan to continue being part of their TLC reality show -- at least for now.

"How does the show go on -- the show must go on," Kate said. "We've always done the show for the kids to be able to provide for them, to collect the memories for ourselves. I will continue to be here, be with the kids, do the same things I've always done with them. I realize that Jon will probably not be a part of those, he may do his own thing."

"I'm still on the show," Jon said. "I guess we['ll] interview separately and we'll film different things -- me and the kids, her and the kids."

However unlike Kate, Jon -- who has increasingly expressed his discomfort with the media spotlight that has resulted from his participation in the show -- seemed less willing to make a long-term commitment to continuing with the TLC reality series, or even the couple's tentative "schedule" plan.

"It's day-by-day for me, I don't know what's going to happen. I mean I could get offered a job... and that'd change the whole schedule," he said. "I don't know."

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/f...-york-9153.php

Nov/Dec PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35542292
Planning a mid Nov - mid Dec trip? Check out our thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2399320
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: