Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #76
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
Maybe TLC will now let them out of the contract, if that's what they want.
I don't think that Kate wants out. I think that she likes her new job and the money and freebies that go along with it.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #77
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
I completely agree.

and honestly? I don't give a flying flip about their divorce. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious in what the assets are, because I'd love to know if the reports of their worth estimated at $10 million are even remotely correct. Other than that, could not care less.
I don't blame them for wanting to have the documents sealed, but I am curious too.

When Kate said she filed for divorce because of Jon's activities, I wonder if he was moving money around or taking money out of accounts or something like that. Once you file for divorce doesn't that freeze your assets? Or maybe you can file to have them frozen?

I wonder how they are paid by TLC? One check? Two? Ten?
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #78
mistydoodles
Disney Addict

I think we just got what we all wanted. Check this out:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/

Tue, 23 June 2009
‘Jon & Kate Plus 8′ Halts Production

NAP TIME!

Following Jon and Kate Gosselin’s big divorce announcement, Jon & Kate Plus 8 will be going on production hiatus.

The LA Times reports that Monday will be a clip package with some new footage. the next all-new episode would be on Aug. 3. The decision for a hiatus reportedly came from the network, not the family.

Kate tearfully declared on Monday’s show, “The show must go on!”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Jon & Kate taking a break from the show?

POR Nov 15th-23rd 2012 for DD 16th Bday Celebration
CBR Feb 16- Feb 23rd '11
CSR Nov 21-29th '08
POR Nov 9-17th '07
POFQ Dec 9-16th '06
POFQ Dec 10-17th '05
ASMO Dec 18-23rd '04
Old 06-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #79
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Quote:

TLC has issued a statement (again, if I'm posting old news, I'm sorry)
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/...ouncement.html

sounds they're taking a 5 week break. I have to say, I'm a little surprised that TLC isn't going ahead and showing the episodes already filmed. I'm not sure that they've got enough for 5 shows, but I'd say it's close based on what know about their recent filming schedule.
This is what was sent to me in an email today - notice the parts I have bolded..

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus
07:32 AM PT, Jun 23 2009
Jon & Kate are taking a break!

TLC's hit reality show "Jon & Kate Plus 8" is taking a production break after the couple said on Monday night's show that they were separating.

The show, which follows the lives of Jon and Kate Gosselin and their brood, has become a pop culture sensation, getting TLC its best ratings ever and providing the tabloids with a steady diet of gossip. The couple have been on more than 40 magazine covers over the last two months including seven in a row on US Magazine.

TLC said next Monday would be a clip package with some new footage, but that the next all-new episode would be on Aug. 3. People close to the show say the desire to take a production break came from the network.

So far, six new episodes of the show's 40-episode order have aired. The premiere episode drew almost 10 million viewers and the show is still doing better than it had in its previous four seasons. It has also boosted the ratings of TLC's new show "Cake Boss."

Because of all the turmoil in the Gosselin's marriage, TLC does not have enough footage to put together new episodes right now as its production schedule had become very last minute. Episodes this season were often completed as late as the day of airing.

------------------------------------------------

I don't think TLC is doing anything out of the "kindness of their hearts" to give the family time to "adjust".. Nor does it say that it was at the request of Jon & Kate..

Which account is true? Who knows - the lies have been going on for so long it's hard to believe anyone..
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
Old 06-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #80
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
I just watched Kevin & Jodi's new radaronline interview. Lovely aren't they? So moments after J&K told their news on TV, Kevin & Jodi did their interview trashing them. What really ticked me off was that Kevin said it was such a personal, private issue and he was actually a little mad they did it on TV. So my question is simply this...then why the heck are you (Kevin & Jodi) going on radaronline??? Is that private? No. But I guess it's ok for them to do it. Jodi said it's not ok for it to be veiwed by millions but it's ok for her to talk about it to radaronline? Knowing that millions would be seeing her radaronline interview? What a load of garbage. I'm sorry but if Kevin & Jodi are truly concerned, they wouldn't be making a video that will further cause drama. They feel compelled and lead to do this, to bring awareness. What else is there to say about J&K? How is going to radaronline going to help the Gosselin kids? Kevin says he's urging Americans to see the kids as regular kids, not fictional characters. I never viewed the kids this way, did anyone else?

Does anyone know how much radaronline pays for their interviews? I'd be curious to know. Wasn't it nice that Kevin & Jodi were all ready to go with their interview as soon as J&K made their announcement? Sheesh, this is like a really bad soap opera.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ates-televised
I can't believe that they are giving interviews again.....well actually I can. Jodi's not been on TV for a couple of weeks and she needs to polish her (crooked) halo.

Have this couple no class????? Nasty nasty nasty, her and her sister, if they really 'cared' about these children they would keep their own opinions to themselves.

I honestly don't know what they think they are going to get from all this??? All they are doing is causing irreparable rifts within their family, cause when those kids grow up, they are not going to be happy with their aunt and uncle.

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #81
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
I don't think that Kate wants out. I think that she likes her new job and the money and freebies that go along with it.

That's why I said, if she wants. So far, I haven't seen TLC announcing they would let them out of the contract, so I can't comment on what Kate wants or doesn't want. Stopping the taping...well, that's prob because there isn't much to tape right now. I'm pretty sure they have gotten the point, that even if some have no problem with the show going on, most have made it clear they don't want to see the break up on the show.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #82
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post
This is what was sent to me in an email today - notice the parts I have bolded..

I don't think TLC is doing anything out of the "kindness of their hearts" to give the family time to "adjust".. Nor does it say that it was at the request of Jon & Kate..

Which account is true? Who knows - the lies have been going on for so long it's hard to believe anyone..
So what would appease you then C.Ann? You want TLC to pull the plug but now question why they allowed a hiatus. Maybe it was J&K who pleaded with them to have time off despite their contract and TLC agreed. So pretty much everyone is darned if they do and darned if they don't. We don't know the details.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #83
mickey&minnie04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Divorce filing, in the public records:

http://webapp.montcopa.org/PSI/Viewe...VudGl0eT1DYXNl
How can you justify wanting this show to end so that the media will leave this family alone when this kind of stuff is posted? I like the show and will continue watching, but I'm done with this thread.

August 1996 ~ Fort Wilderness Campground
May 2002 ~ All Star Music
September 2004 Honeymoon~POFQ
November 2007 ~ Pop Century
May 2009 ~ All Star Movies
September 2011 ~ Pop Century
November/December 2014~ All Star Movies

Last edited by mickey&minnie04; 06-23-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #84
Dr_Finkelstein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So what would appease you then C.Ann? You want TLC to pull the plug but now question why they allowed a hiatus. Maybe it was J&K who pleaded with them to have time off despite their contract and TLC agreed. So pretty much everyone is darned if they do and darned if they don't. We don't know the details.
ITA!

And I'm not sure whose lies you were talking about C.Ann? I don't think you can honestly say anyone has been 'lying' - people make statements, often 'off the cuff', and then we pore over every detail and nuance to the nth degree and we all come up with our own interpretation, oftentimes a totally opposing interpretation - doesn't mean lies have been told.

1999 offsite, 2004 offsite, 2006 POP, 2008 POFQ, 2010 WL & OKW
Old 06-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #85
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey&minnie04 View Post
How can you justify wanting this show to end so that the media we leave this family alone when this kind of stuff is posted?

it's the public record of a divorce that was announced on national television...

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #86
kidshop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistydoodles View Post
I think we just got what we all wanted. Check this out:

http://justjared.buzznet.com/

Tue, 23 June 2009
‘Jon & Kate Plus 8′ Halts Production

NAP TIME!

Following Jon and Kate Gosselin’s big divorce announcement, Jon & Kate Plus 8 will be going on production hiatus.

The LA Times reports that Monday will be a clip package with some new footage. the next all-new episode would be on Aug. 3. The decision for a hiatus reportedly came from the network, not the family.

Kate tearfully declared on Monday’s show, “The show must go on!”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Jon & Kate taking a break from the show?
Thank goodness TLC made a good decision finally. No surprise it didn't come from the family. I think TLC is taking some heat over airing this show as it has unfolded this summer. These people, no these CHILDREN, and their lives should not be on TV.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #87
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Quote:
Go back and read what I typed.. I said that I don't know if it's true - just more "info" - similar to all of the links that are constantly posted on these J&K threads..

Am I happy about the hiatus? Yes.. Very happy..

Is it wrong to be "suspect" of the reasoning behind it - in light of how all of this has gone down? I don't think so.. I'm interested in the truth - and as you said yourself, "we don't know the details" - do we?
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
Old 06-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #88
mickey&minnie04
DIS Veteran

Quote:

it's the public record of a divorce that was announced on national television...

yes, it's public record....but do you think that it helps them by posting it on a message board? Most poeple wouldn't think about looking that up, but now many will click on it, when it's not any of our business. I thought that you had previously said that we needed to stop watching, and reading about these people and then the show would go away. Maybe I was mistaken, sorry if that wasn't you.

August 1996 ~ Fort Wilderness Campground
May 2002 ~ All Star Music
September 2004 Honeymoon~POFQ
November 2007 ~ Pop Century
May 2009 ~ All Star Movies
September 2011 ~ Pop Century
November/December 2014~ All Star Movies
Old 06-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #89
kidshop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' goes on production hiatus
07:32 AM PT, Jun 23 2009
Jon & Kate are taking a break!

TLC's hit reality show "Jon & Kate Plus 8" is taking a production break after the couple said on Monday night's show that they were separating.

The show, which follows the lives of Jon and Kate Gosselin and their brood, has become a pop culture sensation, getting TLC its best ratings ever and providing the tabloids with a steady diet of gossip. The couple have been on more than 40 magazine covers over the last two months including seven in a row on US Magazine.

TLC said next Monday would be a clip package with some new footage, but that the next all-new episode would be on Aug. 3. People close to the show say the desire to take a production break came from the network.

So far, six new episodes of the show's 40-episode order have aired. The premiere episode drew almost 10 million viewers and the show is still doing better than it had in its previous four seasons. It has also boosted the ratings of TLC's new show "Cake Boss."

Because of all the turmoil in the Gosselin's marriage, TLC does not have enough footage to put together new episodes right now as its production schedule had become very last minute. Episodes this season were often completed as late as the day of airing.

I guess they could still film right now to get next weeks episode, but it sounds to me like TLC called that off. (thank goodness) All the other taped footage is now out of date, it would seem to me. They can't get away with showing things out of order now, b/c it is fake and staged and frankly would be stupid.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #90
Mom2Nick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey&minnie04 View Post
yes, it's public record....but do you think that it helps them by posting it on a message board? Most poeple wouldn't think about looking that up, but now many will click on it, when it's not any of our business. I thought that you had previously said that we needed to stop watching, and reading about these people and then the show would go away. Maybe I was mistaken, sorry if that wasn't you.
They didn't help themselves by announcing it on their show. Fair game. If you don't want to read stuff like that - don't click on the links.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: