Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #46
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLovesPooh View Post
Wow....there has been a lot of posting since yesterday.

I wonder what happened over the weekend to make Kate file? It had to be more than Jon's little media stunt.

Madge...where are you? We expect some news on this today.
I was out running errands this morning ... I'm catching up now before I head to the pool ... even though I said I wouldn't be around for part 5, I guess I will be

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #47
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

I also hope there will be no season 5 DVD set. If there even is a complete season 5 with talk of a production hiatus. I can't imagine anyone needing to see this disaster repeatedly.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #48
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodis View Post
I think Kate was asked a question because (if I remember right) she said something like "how will the show go on? "the show must go on"?" I don't think she was making a statement so much as trying to throw the phrase in there while answering the question.
one of the things I've seen mentioned in recaps is that someone interviewed Jon, and Kate more or less interviewed herself. I don't know if that's accurate or not ..

Quote:
You find the best articles! You can't leave!!
I'm still here ...

Wilderness Lodge

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #49
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

I just watched Kevin & Jodi's new radaronline interview. Lovely aren't they? So moments after J&K told their news on TV, Kevin & Jodi did their interview trashing them. What really ticked me off was that Kevin said it was such a personal, private issue and he was actually a little mad they did it on TV. So my question is simply this...then why the heck are you (Kevin & Jodi) going on radaronline??? Is that private? No. But I guess it's ok for them to do it. Jodi said it's not ok for it to be veiwed by millions but it's ok for her to talk about it to radaronline? Knowing that millions would be seeing her radaronline interview? What a load of garbage. I'm sorry but if Kevin & Jodi are truly concerned, they wouldn't be making a video that will further cause drama. They feel compelled and lead to do this, to bring awareness. What else is there to say about J&K? How is going to radaronline going to help the Gosselin kids? Kevin says he's urging Americans to see the kids as regular kids, not fictional characters. I never viewed the kids this way, did anyone else?

Does anyone know how much radaronline pays for their interviews? I'd be curious to know. Wasn't it nice that Kevin & Jodi were all ready to go with their interview as soon as J&K made their announcement? Sheesh, this is like a really bad soap opera.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ates-televised
Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #50
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
here's a comment I made on thread 4 before I realized we moved to part 5 .. not sure when it's going to be locked.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3815
Someone has to report the thread, and ask for it to be locked. You just have to say, the thread has reached over 250 pages.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #51
madge
... is soaking in it

pics of Kate around town this morning
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/06...in-toyota-car/

Wilderness Lodge

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Last edited by madge; 06-23-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #52
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
I just watched Kevin & Jodi's new radaronline interview. Lovely aren't they? So moments after J&K told their news on TV, Kevin & Jodi did their interview trashing them. What really ticked me off was that Kevin said it was such a personal, private issue and he was actually a little mad they did it on TV. So my question is simply this...then why the heck are you (Kevin & Jodi) going on radaronline??? Is that private? No. But I guess it's ok for them to do it. Jodi said it's not ok for it to be veiwed by millions but it's ok for her to talk about it to radaronline? Knowing that millions would be seeing her radaronline interview? What a load of garbage. I'm sorry but if Kevin & Jodi are truly concerned, they wouldn't be making a video that will further cause drama. They feel compelled and lead to do this, to bring awareness. What else is there to say about J&K? How is going to radaronline going to help the Gosselin kids? Kevin says he's urging Americans to see the kids as regular kids, not fictional characters. I never viewed the kids this way, did anyone else?

Does anyone know how much radaronline pays for their interviews? I'd be curious to know. Wasn't it nice that Kevin & Jodi were all ready to go with their interview as soon as J&K made their announcement? Sheesh, this is like a really bad soap opera.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...ates-televised

while I don't condone the interview, my guess is that at this point, Kevin & Jodi have been swamped with requests from the tabloids. I'm guessing that they've got some sort of (financial) arrangement with RadarOnline. It seemed like someone was actually interviewing them, as opposed to them doing the video themselves.

I don't agree with what they've done, they should have kept their mouths shut. But I do think, considering the nature of the announcement hype, that it isn't unusual that they were contacted before the show aired to get their reaction. KWIM?

Wilderness Lodge

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #53
Starbrite
DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old name ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLovesPooh View Post
I wish someone would close thread #4...I am getting dizzy.
I second that

Quote:
Here's another post on the community board for J&K if anyone's interested in checking that out:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211143
I can't keep up with all these threads....there's even one on the budget board!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:04 AM   #54
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
one of the things I've seen mentioned in recaps is that someone interviewed Jon, and Kate more or less interviewed herself. I don't know if that's accurate or not ..
Not correct. She too, was asked questions. I could tell she was answering even when we didn't get to hear questions.

I hate how TLC edits..even if I'm not fond of Jon right now, who knows what else he said that wasn't shown.

I am glad they have time off, to deal with this.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #55
TanyaLovesPooh
I really am a princess for my Father is the King of Kings.

Quote:
even though I said I wouldn't be around for part 5, I guess I will be

Thank Goodness. This thread wouldn't be the same without ya.

Polynesian Resort & Disney Wonder October 2008

1st time w/hubby & kids @ WDW Jan 2005

1st time for me @ WDW Aug 1993

Sugar & Chewy
Old 06-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #56
MusiqChic99
Love means going out to eat so that your husband won't have to cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRick View Post
Not correct. She too, was asked questions. I could tell she was answering even when we didn't get to hear questions.

I hate how TLC edits..even if I'm not fond of Jon right now, who knows what else he said that wasn't shown.

I am glad they have time off, to deal with this.
Or whatelse she said..

I agree it's hard to tell when you know things are edited.

I'm happy they have time off too...however they will still be in the tabloids so I'm sure these threads will have much to go on.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #57
Starbrite
DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old name ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna99 View Post
even when they mentioned the separation last night.. kate said something like "it's not my ideal situation" or "i'm not really fond of doing this".. in other words.. KATE doesn't want to get separated but Jon is forcing her into it.

ugh! can't she fess up and admit she has done ANYTHING wrong????

My interpretation of that was a little different....

I figured they taped the interviews before the actual divorce was decided. At the time, they probably had planned to separate & maybe work on things.....Like Ross & Rachel - "On a Break".
The whole taking a break thing was not her "ideal situation", she wanted to either stay together & work through the issues together or divorce....none of this long drug-out on a break crap. From my personal experience, the we're still together but separated only causes more confusion for the kids.

That's what I took it to mean.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #58
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
Here's another post on the community board for J&K if anyone's interested in checking that out:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211143
I have a hard enough time keeping up with this one

Wilderness Lodge

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #59
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Someone has to report the thread, and ask for it to be locked. You just have to say, the thread has reached over 250 pages.
Oh my gosh...sounds like the DIS has a union.

Quote:
while I don't condone the interview, my guess is that at this point, Kevin & Jodi have been swamped with requests from the tabloids. I'm guessing that they've got some sort of (financial) arrangement with RadarOnline. It seemed like someone was actually interviewing them, as opposed to them doing the video themselves.

I don't agree with what they've done, they should have kept their mouths shut. But I do think, considering the nature of the announcement hype, that it isn't unusual that they were contacted before the show aired to get their reaction. KWIM?
yes, and they could have said "no thanks" but they did not. Hmm...very telling. They are meddling where they should not.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Old 06-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #60
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:

Oh, I'm not surprised at all Kevin & Jodi were approached. I just don't understand how they thought it would be helping the kids to do another radaronline interview. I agree, they did seem 'interviewed' since Kevin paused while speaking and you could hear someone off camera talking. I agree, they should've kept their mouths shut because here is yet one more video/article that the Gosselin kids will be able to find at some point in their lives. It just reads like a bad soap opera or novel. I really wonder how much they were getting paid.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: