Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #31
newtodis
Disney Lover!

Here's another post on the community board for J&K if anyone's interested in checking that out:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211143

Nov/Dec PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35542292
Planning a mid Nov - mid Dec trip? Check out our thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2399320
Old 06-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #32
TanyaLovesPooh
I really am a princess for my Father is the King of Kings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_M View Post
Swooping in at the last minute, usurping the project, and leaving Jon standing there on the outside feeling stupid ain't the way to handle such things
Which again could have been avoided if discussion had taken place before the work was started.

Polynesian Resort & Disney Wonder October 2008

1st time w/hubby & kids @ WDW Jan 2005

1st time for me @ WDW Aug 1993

Sugar & Chewy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #33
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

Quote:
I didn't see anything specifically in the woods marking Jon's idea for the location so it may have been hard for Kate to determine the spot honestly. I'm really not trying to defend or take sides...
I understand, but then you're tearing out tall trees it shouldn't be too hard to locate due to the ground disruption. Also, unless I mis-heard her, Kate stated that she knew the location beforehand, but just hadn't seen it personally.

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."
Old 06-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #34
Geoff_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanyaLovesPooh View Post
Which again could have been avoided if discussion had taken place before the work was started.
True, but again, you're stating facts that aren't in evidence. You're assuming they didn't in fact talk about the location. Kate said that she was aware of the location beforehand and didn't become alarmed until she had actually visited the site. Jon could have presented a full Powerpoint presentation with architectural drawings for all we know.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #35
Mom2Nick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I understand, but then you're tearing out tall trees it shouldn't be too hard to locate due to the ground disruption. Also, unless I mis-heard her, Kate stated that she knew the location beforehand, but just hadn't seen it personally.
Sad. IMO it would have been great to have them where Jon planned. They have ALL this space to spread out and run and play and they seem to be confined to the driveway area most of the time.

What's wrong with taking a picnic lunch down there? Kate said herself she likes to eat outside as much as possible. IMO it's sad to eat right in front of the house when they have this huge spread. Throw it in a cart and take it down to the "grove" where the houses would have been.

IMO - Kate just doesn't like outside much while Jon loves the outdoors. He would have spent a lot of time down there with the kids but I doubt Kate would have taken them down there at all.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #36
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

I just spent the last hour trying to catch up on everything! OMG! You guys are some fast typers!

I will continue to say that it is sad for everyone involved. It's even more sad that parents would put money and fame ahead of the welfare of their children. They should stop the show, but it sounds like Kate's going to keep on truckin'. So sad. Why is it necessary to keep the show? They sould have money in the bank and she can continue with her book deals. Now she has a whole new topic to write about.

Jon had earings on last night? Are you serious?! I can't picture that.

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #37
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

The View is going on about J&K right now. Barbara seems to know alot. she even said " why am I admitting I watch this show'!! All 5 seem to agree..end the show!!
Old 06-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #38
smschex
Mouseketeer

Posted this on part 4, but no one else has mentioned it, just wondering if I heard wrong??

I was just watching the Today show. Kate Coyne, identified as a senior editor for People, just said TLC will broadcast the retrospective next week, then they will be on hiatus for several weeks while the family adjusts to their "new normal." Too bad that didn't happen before now.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #39
daughtersrus
DIS Veteran

No new shows until Aug 3 so that they can take a break.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...on-hiatus.html
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #40
Geoff_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by smschex View Post
I was just watching the Today show. Kate Coyne, identified as a senior editor for People, just said TLC will broadcast the retrospective next week, then they will be on hiatus for several weeks while the family adjusts to their "new normal." Too bad that didn't happen before now.
It's nice to see that someone at TLC finally has some common decency... though they couldn't resist one more grab at the ratings gold last night.

Let's hope it's a "permanent vacation" for the show.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #41
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
I don't disagree that the final location was a better one, I only shook my head at the way it all went down. Swooping in at the last minute, usurping the project, and leaving Jon standing there on the outside feeling stupid ain't the way to handle such things... but it was pretty stereotypical of the marriage as presented on TV thus far.
I agree with you. COuldn't have said it better myself.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 06-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #42
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
I think she was really trying to give him a say about where those houses were going. however, he made a bad decision (but hey, he is not used to making decisions so who's surprised? Just remember 2:00am and Jon's decision!). While those are nice woods, it was just too far from the house. Kate thinks most everything through very thoroghly and she had the better idea. In the end, how can you not say anything and allow those houses to be set up in the totally wrong spot?
The kids didn't look too thrilled when Jon asked them if they would come down in the woods to play. That was a long distance. They did banter about having the big girls houses there, but that didn't seem to go over big either. In any case, Jon said where the houses was put was a good spot, so they seemed to settle it with what was best for their kids.

I don't know if it was actually the last minute, or if that's how it was shown to us. It appeared last minute, but who knows anymore.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #43
DMRick
I prefer to be tagless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daughtersrus View Post
No new shows until Aug 3 so that they can take a break.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...on-hiatus.html
Maybe TLC will now let them out of the contract, if that's what they want.

Please rescue a cat or kitten today! Most shelters are full.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #44
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

I'm going to be really curious to see if this split time at the house is going to work. I understand that it's probably best for the kids to do it that way, but I'm guessing the house will be Kate's primary residence and in any divorce, it's hard to imagine one spouse letting letting the X live in the house when while they aren't there. It would just be very weird to me and I can see Jon wandering around saying "Huh, Kate bought a new painting." or "I see Kate hasn't had the lawn mowed." stuff like that. And it seems like Jon will have his own personal place, so he can just pack a bag and bring some things to the house, whereas all Kate's personal belongings will be at the main house and Jon could go through her bedroom, the mail, ect....I'm not saying he would do that, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially if things remain bitter.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
Old 06-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #45
madge
... is soaking in it

here's a comment I made on thread 4 before I realized we moved to part 5 .. not sure when it's going to be locked.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3815

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Closed Thread