Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #1501
Nik's Mom
Karl Pilkington is a genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaxton1118 View Post
I guess I have a different take on this girl then everyone else does. I am a mother of 3 who may have a glass of wine once a week and I stay at home and read the dis board.LOL So as you can see I am not wild by any means.LOL
When I was in highschool and my early 20's I was a wild child. I did somethings that I would not want posted all over the world. I was lucky and did not have any pictures of me taken to posted. I am a different person now then I was then and I am no way proud of the things that I did but I was a kid and that is how I look at her. She is a selfish kid who longs for attention just like I did. I know that there were some people married with kids by that age and had a lot of responsibility but that does not change the fact that they were just kids also.
Who knows how this girl is going to be when she is in her 30's, she could be a staight arrow like me. I just hate that so many people are saying how bad she is and what a loser she is. Right now she is acting like one but who knows what she will be like in the future.
Now with that said I still would not want her around my kids. but I think people should be focusing more on Jon and Kate and not some 22 year old kid. Plus everything that has been written about her has been from a friend of a friend of a friend.LOL I guess I just see it differently then most.
I hear you. But if I had the skeletons in my closet like she apparently has, then I would not be dating someone who is in the tabloids all of the time. I'd lead a quiet life and be glad that my wild past is behind me. kwim?

Proud Mom to 2 boys, and wife to a great husband!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #1502
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:

He really does seem to be a really immature individual who has lost his sense of what it is to be a father.
I absolutely agree about the immature part.

I'm not sure about the lost sense of what it is to be a father, if only because we do not know what the situation is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's crappy of Jon to have taken the girl to France with him... any girl. It's too soon after the children were told their parents are splitting up. Way too soon. But other than this trip to France, we don't know anything about Jon's (or Kate's, for that matter) relationship with the children. It's entirely possible that he could be the same father they've known their whole lives.

It seems to me that this thing swings back and forth .. for weeks, Kate was in the hot seat of publicity, and now it's Jon's turn. Who knows what will be news next week? Lord knows it will be one of them, because this thing isn't going away any time soon.

Shades of Green ~ Dixie Landings ~ Swan/Dolphin (Club Level) ~ Contemporary ~
Wilderness Lodge
~ Coronado Springs ~ Polynesian ~ Pop Century~
Boardwalk (shhhh .... just mom!) ~ Ft. Wilderness Cabins

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Silver Lake - Silver Points (2004)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Cypress Pointe Grandvillas (2008)
Thanks, Disbug!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #1503
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik's Mom View Post
I hear you. But if I had the skeletons in my closet like she apparently has, then I would not be dating someone who is in the tabloids all of the time. I'd lead a quiet life and be glad that my wild past is behind me. kwim?
At 22 I would not have cared. I would have not thought about it until it happened like she is now.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #1504
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

I just think this type of 22 yo behavior is sounding a lot like Paris Hilton type behavior.

And nowadays their are cameras catching you everywhere. These "kids" take pics of themselves and their friends and post them everywhere.

I cannot and will not excuse bad behavior (drugs etc.) by saying they are only young.

That, to me, is a lot like my dislike for the ol' "boys will be boys", "men will be men" type thinking. Those things are not an excuse for bad behavior. While men do men things and I understand that (and boys and girls and women) and I get ALL that. I will not be someone that passes it as OK because of something like, "she's young".
So what?
And maybe she'll be ok when she's 30. And maybe she won't. But who is she today and is she thinking about that. I do not buy that type thing. being young doesn't give you a pass to make stupid mistakes and party like an animal and do drugs and get laid by anyone and everyone.
I think it is safe to say that Miss Hailey is an attention seeking young woman who is seeing this as an opportunity to be in the limelight. She may even feel entitled to it because so many do these days.
She could also take 1/2 of a sec. and think about the Gosselin children. She could think of what this type thing would do to them. but no, I do not think she is. I think she is thinking of herself, her fame and pleasure.
It is all sickening and sad.
Esp. for those children. famous or not, TV show or not, this kind of thing hurts children.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #1505
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Quote:
I guess I have a different take on this girl then everyone else does. I am a mother of 3 who may have a glass of wine once a week and I stay at home and read the dis board.LOL So as you can see I am not wild by any means.LOL
When I was in highschool and my early 20's I was a wild child. I did somethings that I would not want posted all over the world. I was lucky and did not have any pictures of me taken to posted. I am a different person now then I was then and I am no way proud of the things that I did but I was a kid and that is how I look at her. She is a selfish kid who longs for attention just like I did. I know that there were some people married with kids by that age and had a lot of responsibility but that does not change the fact that they were just kids also.
Who knows how this girl is going to be when she is in her 30's, she could be a staight arrow like me. I just hate that so many people are saying how bad she is and what a loser she is. Right now she is acting like one but who knows what she will be like in the future.
Now with that said I still would not want her around my kids. but I think people should be focusing more on Jon and Kate and not some 22 year old kid. Plus everything that has been written about her has been from a friend of a friend of a friend.LOL I guess I just see it differently then most.
True, she is immature and has a wild side. Isn't it disturbing that Jon is attracted to that though? Seriously, this young girl is 22 and has a party girl reputation. How on earth can Jon relate to that unless he himself is attracted to it. He is just as immature and like Dr._Finklestein said, this is probably the same Jon as always except that TLC edited it out. Now it all makes sense...Kate always on him to do things, taknig control because he's incapable. He's got his freedom now and what's he doing? Hooking up with 22 year olds and acting like frat guy. I wonder what Kate is thinking...
Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #1506
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
True, she is immature and has a wild side. Isn't it disturbing that Jon is attracted to that though? Seriously, this young girl is 22 and has a party girl reputation. How on earth can Jon relate to that unless he himself is attracted to it. He is just as immature and like Dr._Finklestein said, this is probably the same Jon as always except that TLC edited it out. Now it all makes sense...Kate always on him to do things, taknig control because he's incapable. He's got his freedom now and what's he doing? Hooking up with 22 year olds and acting like frat guy. I wonder what Kate is thinking...
That is my point. People should be focusing on Jon not on this girl. He is the one with the problem. He is immature and acting like an a$$. I am not excusing her and saying she is ok for the things that she is doing. What I am saying is that he should be the focus and not what this girl did 5 years ago. I think it is kind of silly.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #1507
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
I just think this type of 22 yo behavior is sounding a lot like Paris Hilton type behavior.

And nowadays their are cameras catching you everywhere. These "kids" take pics of themselves and their friends and post them everywhere.

I cannot and will not excuse bad behavior (drugs etc.) by saying they are only young.

That, to me, is a lot like my dislike for the ol' "boys will be boys", "men will be men" type thinking. Those things are not an excuse for bad behavior. While men do men things and I understand that (and boys and girls and women) and I get ALL that. I will not be someone that passes it as OK because of something like, "she's young".
So what?
And maybe she'll be ok when she's 30. And maybe she won't. But who is she today and is she thinking about that. I do not buy that type thing. being young doesn't give you a pass to make stupid mistakes and party like an animal and do drugs and get laid by anyone and everyone.
I think it is safe to say that Miss Hailey is an attention seeking young woman who is seeing this as an opportunity to be in the limelight. She may even feel entitled to it because so many do these days.
She could also take 1/2 of a sec. and think about the Gosselin children. She could think of what this type thing would do to them. but no, I do not think she is. I think she is thinking of herself, her fame and pleasure.
It is all sickening and sad.
Esp. for those children. famous or not, TV show or not, this kind of thing hurts children.

It is not Haley's job to look after those kids, it is Jon's. I was not saying that what she is doing is right what I was saying is that we should focus more on Jon and not this girl. Whether you like it or not she is a girl. A selfish girl I agree.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #1508
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is not Haley's job to look after those kids, it is Jon's. I was not saying that what she is doing is right what I was saying is that we should focus more on Jon and not this girl. Whether you like it or not she is a girl. A selfish girl I agree.
How old was Jon when the twin were born
Old 07-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #1509
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
I've got a funny feeling this girl is just one in what will be many girls in Jon's life.... I don't see Jon settling back down into marriage again anytime soon.

Wilderness Lodge

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #1510
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madge View Post
I've got a funny feeling this girl is just one in what will be many girls in Jon's life.... I don't see Jon settling back down into marriage again anytime soon.
I don't either and she probably is not ready to settle down either that is why she is hanging out with him.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #1511
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
how old was jon when the twin were born
23?
Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #1512
madge
... is soaking in it

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/408104_tvgif14.html

Jon told them he was bringing his stylist?

Wilderness Lodge

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #1513
madge
... is soaking in it

Quote:
I don't either and she probably is not ready to settle down either that is why she is hanging out with him.
absolutely. neither are the marrying kind.

Wilderness Lodge

offsite stays:
HGVC - Sea World (2002)
Vistana Villages (2007)
Thanks, Disbug!!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #1514
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
23?
I wonder if he feels he lost his youth when he had the twins. That why he's dating young girls to feel young again and reclaim his youth
Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #1515
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I wonder if he feels he lost his youth when he had the twins. That why he's dating young girls to feel young again and reclaim his youth
I think so. He has said many times that he had 8 kids by the time he was 27. No matter what people say I am sure that has effected him. We don't know that he cheated but we do know that he is dating young girls and I think that is his way of rebelling. Whether we think it is right or wrong I believe that is what he is doing.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: