Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #106
penni520
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I just love your energy going solo!! Wish I was as brave!
I also go solo, and have the best time ever...I have also traveled all over the world solo......It is great

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Old 06-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #107
VickynMickey
WDW in our sites

Question A Question

We have two seperate ressies for POP Sept 24th-30th we want to try to get connecting rooms. How do we go about putting in a request for connecting rooms with two ressie numbers?
Thanks

Our WDW Trips: 1988 Class Trip 2 days, 1989 One Day in the World after Naval Boot Camp Graduation, 2000 Kids First trip to WDW 9 nights ASMo, 2003 Land/Sea trip 7 nights CBR/Disney Wonder, 2004 6 nights offsite/4 nights Universal Studios, March 25th-30th 2007 5 nights ASMo, Pop Century Sept. 24th-30th 2009
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #108
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I had never heard the term "sweet tea" until I joined these boards! At all of the chain restaurants (Applebee's, TGI Friday's, etc) they serve iced tea (which is sweetened). It just says iced tea on the menu. I actually had some iced tea with my lunch today. It was a bottle of Lipton's Raspberry iced tea. So delish! I too was told by some of my Southern friends about how to make sweet tea. You can always learn something new on the DIS!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #109
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

OOh a fellow Buckeye fan! I just graduated from OSU in December. I miss Ohio!!! I am heading to POP in September with my boyfriend's family! I have been there twice but am going to going with his parents who haven't been there in like 10 years and his sister and nephew who went last year but said at Movies! Soo Excited! I love Pop Century!

Does anyone know if when you check in both guests have to be present?? I made the reso but will not be there until a day after they check in? It is under his name but not sure if I have to be there since I made it? Thanks!!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 06-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #110
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520 View Post
I also go solo, and have the best time ever...I have also traveled all over the world solo......It is great
I've traveled solo as well throughout Europe, but WDW does not appeal to me solo - I find it more fun with friends or family...but...having said that...those times when I'd like a few days away, I sometimes wish I could enjoy WDW alone; I go on retreat, instead.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #111
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I had never heard the term "sweet tea" until I joined these boards! At all of the chain restaurants (Applebee's, TGI Friday's, etc) they serve iced tea (which is sweetened). It just says iced tea on the menu. I actually had some iced tea with my lunch today. It was a bottle of Lipton's Raspberry iced tea. So delish! I too was told by some of my Southern friends about how to make sweet tea. You can always learn something new on the DIS!
That's just a sweetened brand, not authentic sweet tea - for someone who grew up on real sweet tea, the chains are awful!! And real sweet tea is never flavored. That would be considered - of all things..a flavored iced tea!!

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 06-22-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #112
Goofy's Mom
Goofy's Mom

count me in for a Dec. trip Leaving Dec 3rd till Dec 13th Trip booked air tickets done, window decor ready . This trip is a girls trip dd and gd and myself the 3 of us have done girls trip in 04 07 and all have been to Pop
Old 06-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #113
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickynMickey View Post
We have two seperate ressies for POP Sept 24th-30th we want to try to get connecting rooms. How do we go about putting in a request for connecting rooms with two ressie numbers?
Thanks

If you booked the reservation directly through WDW reservations, call and ask them to link the reservations (have the res numbers handy). If booked through a TA, just ask her/him to have the reservations linked. Be sure to request connecting rooms, and you can always send a fax a few days prior to arrival.

If your rooms are not connecting at check-in, don't hesitate to ask the CM if s/he could try to find connecting rooms for you. POP CM's are generally very good about finding another room location.

Have a great trip!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #114
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy's Mom View Post
count me in for a Dec. trip Leaving Dec 3rd till Dec 13th Trip booked air tickets done, window decor ready . This trip is a girls trip dd and gd and myself the 3 of us have done girls trip in 04 07 and all have been to Pop
How exciting!!!! Have a great trip!!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #115
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran
I'll let you guys in on a secret - I feel naked without my wires
the woed of the day is dookie?

Quote:
That's just a sweetened brand, not authentic sweet tea - for someone who grew up on real sweet tea, the chains are awful!! And real sweet tea is never flavored. That would be consdiered -of all things..a flavored iced tea!!
Amen, sister! I grew up with a pitcher of sweet tea ALWAYS ready in the fridge - and still have it there now - if my kids ask for "sweet tea" in a restaurant north of the Mason Dixon, the server looks at them like they have three heads! And adding the sugar to "iced tea" isn't the same - it has to be added while the tea is still hot, or it doesn't taste the same - anyhoo - enough with the sweet tea lecture - carry on!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #116
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's just a sweetened brand, not authentic sweet tea - for someone who grew up on real sweet tea, the chains are awful!! And real sweet tea is never flavored. That would be considered - of all things..a flavored iced tea!!
Gotcha. I guess I will have to try some authentic sweet tea sometime. But for now, regular old iced tea is just fine with me! Ok, enough about the tea.....

I cannot wait until our stay at POP 2 days from now! My DD is so excited to stay there. This thread has been so helpful to me since I've never stayed at Pop before. I just want to give a big thank you to all of you that have contributed. Having everything in one spot is so helpful and this thread has also been a lot of fun. THANKS!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #117
Goofy's Mom
Goofy's Mom

Have a great B/Day trip mine is several months away and have done all I can, waiting for candle light info to start showing up . Since this is an early Christmas Present for GD she will not be told till Thanksgiving PM and then she doesn' have so long to wait. She will be 9 and waiting is o so hard. It will be her 6th trip, and we have been telling her she will be 16 before she will get to go back. Hope I can keep this a secret that long this has been planned for a yr.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #118
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have a great B/Day trip mine is several months away and have done all I can, waiting for candle light info to start showing up . Since this is an early Christmas Present for GD she will not be told till Thanksgiving PM and then she doesn' have so long to wait. She will be 9 and waiting is o so hard. It will be her 6th trip, and we have been telling her she will be 16 before she will get to go back. Hope I can keep this a secret that long this has been planned for a yr.
Ooo..a surprise trip! We surprised our DD back in January and it was so worth it. Keeping it quiet got very hard towards the end, but we did it!

Completed Trip Reports
Old 06-23-2009, 06:36 AM   #119
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Oh, what fun!! It would be difficult for me to keep the surprise - I get so excited want to share! I'd make up a special countdown calendar.

It will be so neat when you tell her on Thanksgiving!! Can hardly wait 'till my baby DGD is old enough for her first WDW trip. We're planning on the summer of her 4th birthday so she can look forward to it and really enjoy it. I'll play Disney sing-a-longs and vacation DVD's all summer for her. See, I'm planning already!

Happy planning - you're going to have so much fun!!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #120
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCoog View Post
They didnt happen to add sweet tea with the new machines did they? That is one of my very few gripes about WDW (and most of FL) is that they dont have sweet tea available.
I don't know much about tea, only what is posted here. I think it's really gross. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Okay I followed the link !!I think I have been on all 3 !! Does that make me a vet or what!!! Now to read Chapter 3!!!!
I think there was 1 or 2 before Buckeye girl started too, and I know I was on at least one of them, so this is at least my 4th Pop thread. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmom121 View Post
I read a rumor on some other thread that they are no longer allowing you to decorate your windows. Any truth to this rumor?

And refillable mugs - are they specific to each resort?
You can't use paints, and marker type stuff. But window clings are OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1st-timers View Post
Really?? WOW something new for me. I aways get teased on vacation when I go on vacation in the states and ask for ice tea or for slushies.

It's iced tea in Ohio too. My dad always drinks it, but I have never liked it at all. I never even heard of sweet tea till a year or so ago here on DIS.
We also call them sluchies here too or icees, which is just a brand name for slushies. (or slurpies at 7-11) Frozen cokes are jsut that, coke that is frozen.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: