Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #91
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA
Would you like that in Canadian or American funds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
In Buffalo (and Syracuse) it's always called iced tea. Most restaurants have both sweetened and unsweetened iced tea.
Really?? WOW something new for me. I aways get teased on vacation when I go on vacation in the states and ask for ice tea or for slushies.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #92
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
I just love your energy going solo!! Wish I was as brave!
I love solo. I love trips with family and friends but love the solo too. It's all about ME. My favorite rides, my favorite snacks, going comando or taking it slow and people watching. There's always someone to talk to inline or on the bus. People strike up conversations with me all the time. I also call my DH to check about 4 or 5 times day or he's calling me.

i'm trying to get the courage up to travel to Tokyo Disney in a few years. Not sure if DH will be going but I'll meet up with friends either way.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #93
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

I made the move over....
Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #94
MamaCoog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1st-timers View Post
From what I understand is that the slushies (canadian thing) or frozen coke that the US say it was replaced with sweet tea (US thing) or ice tea (Canadian thing) overall it's all the same thing. Did you understand that mummble jummble from me?
We have slushies here in the southern US. I had no idea that it was a Canadian thing. Also, sweet tea is more of a southern US thing. Elsewhere in the US if you ask for iced tea you will be served iced unsweetened tea. In most southern areas, if you order iced tea you will be asked to specify sweet or unsweet.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #95
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW1st-timers View Post
From what I understand is that the slushies (canadian thing) or frozen coke that the US say it was replaced with sweet tea (US thing) or ice tea (Canadian thing) overall it's all the same thing. Did you understand that mummble jummble from me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
In Buffalo (and Syracuse) it's always called iced tea. Most restaurants have both sweetened and unsweetened iced tea.
It's called Sweet Tea in the South(if you want it sweetened) and otherwise just Iced Tea here and everywhere else I've lived in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell3747 View Post
Hi everyone!

I made the move over....
Yeah! Good to see you here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
I love solo. I love trips with family and friends but love the solo too.
i'm trying to get the courage up to travel to Tokyo Disney in a few years. Not sure if DH will be going but I'll meet up with friends either way.
That would be so much fun! Hope you do get to go!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #96
VAYankee
Earning My Ears

I grew up in Massachusetts and it was ice tea; then I moved to Virginia and was introduced into sweet tea - big difference! But I love my sweet tea now!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #97
lovemyboys2009
Earning My Ears

sounds like it's a safe and wonderful place....thanks for all the assurance!! we are looking forward to going....I love the thread with all the pics., it makes us even more excited!!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #98
Buckeye Gal
Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Being I'm an Ohio Buckeye, I'm no expert (I truly believe in the South it's perfected), yet I understand the distinct difference between Sweet Tea and sweetened tea is that Sweet Tea uses a simple syrup.

Simple syrup is made with sugar and water, heated until all of the sugar is melted. Then that's added to the tea. Very different taste than having the sugar dissolve in the iced tea! Hmmmmm....maybe I should make some today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyboys2009 View Post
sounds like it's a safe and wonderful place....thanks for all the assurance!! we are looking forward to going....I love the thread with all the pics., it makes us even more excited!!
I'm so glad to hear that you're looking forward to your vacation at WDW and Pop! Let us know if you have any questions that weren't answered already!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #99
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
Being I'm an Ohio Buckeye, I'm no expert (I truly believe in the South it's perfected), yet I understand the distinct difference between Sweet Tea and sweetened tea is that Sweet Tea uses a simple syrup.

Simple syrup is made with sugar and water, heated until all of the sugar is melted. Then that's added to the tea. Very different taste than having the sugar dissolve in the iced tea! Hmmmmm....maybe I should make some today!
I had a southerner tell me that it's brewed with the sugar and that's what makes the difference. Don't know if that is correct or not.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 06-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #100
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
I had a southerner tell me that it's brewed with the sugar and that's what makes the difference. Don't know if that is correct or not.
Ahhh! I'm sure a true southerner can tell us the right way they make it! (important things in life, ya know!)
Old 06-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #101
VAYankee
Earning My Ears

being a transplant from up north, I could never perfect sweet tea until I got a mr. coffee tea maker - you brew the tea and add the sugar to the container and the hot tea dissolves it - my true southern friends throw some tea bags in a pot of boiling water, let it steep and add large amounts of sugar! and it always tastes delicious - so yes, true sweet tea is brewed with lots of sugar!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #102
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAYankee View Post
..... so yes, true sweet tea is brewed with lots of sugar!
Whew! Mystery solved!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:38 PM   #103
mickeytattoo95
Mouseketeer

All this talk of Sweet Tea is making me gag! I live in GA, but I'm from the North. We like muddy water up there. Just plain old brewed tea! I throw in some green tea bags these day for the added health benefit, but still keep the regular ones in there. If it's not the right color, DH knows I'm tricking him...

Disney loon since my honeymoon!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #104
MamaCoog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
being a transplant from up north, I could never perfect sweet tea until I got a mr. coffee tea maker - you brew the tea and add the sugar to the container and the hot tea dissolves it - my true southern friends throw some tea bags in a pot of boiling water, let it steep and add large amounts of sugar! and it always tastes delicious - so yes, true sweet tea is brewed with lots of sugar!
This is pretty much how we make tea here in GA. Boil tea bags and then add the brewed tea to about 1.5-2 cups of sugar in a gallon container then fill with cold water and mix! I also make mine with a mr. coffee tea maker just because I always seem to burn my tea and burnt tea is the worst! I dont think I have ever had sweet tea made with simple syrup.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #105
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Yep, that's what I do!! I lived in Boston for 38 yrs, but grew up in the South (Grandmother from Mississippi). When we moved here 3 yrs ago, I could not wait to order "Sweet tea" and not be looked at like I was from another planet!!

Ohh, it's sooo good!! Well, not McDonald's - it is not authentic sweet tea.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: