Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #751
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
I been kind of the same way regarding the upgrades.. We check in on the 24th, staying until Sept. 2nd. I guess it's because we have not stayed at a value in a number of years, and I was really getting hopeful seeing all that stuff going on.

Then, in the meantime, I've been reading through this, and other POP threads. It's been making me feel better. It does look like a pretty cool place, and frankly, it IS our second trip this year, and we booked POP, and the 2nd trip in general, only because of the fantastic price when you throw in free dining. Were just over like $1500 for 9 nights with 2 adults, 2 kids, and dining, LOL. (That's cheaper for us than going to the shore for the same number of days)!

Anway, not down anymore, and actually looking forward to staying here for the first time. Who knows, it might become an addiction!
Yeah, I didn't really know what to expect either until reading this and now I'm so excited. We've stayed value before, but only for 1 or 2 nights and then we've moved to a DVC unit. This will be our first stay since staying at AKV 1 BR last year so I know we are losing a lot of space, but I can't complain. We are staying 4 nights at Pop, followed by 7 nights on the Disney Magic, and then 5 more nights at Pop. If it weren't for the awesome prices at Pop and the free dining, we probably would stick with the cruise only. DD asked if we could stay at WL instead of Pop and i told her that if we did, we'd have to cut out either the stay before or after the cruise. She said "never mind, Pop is fine!" I agree!!! I don't have a problem with the value except that I'm concerned we may feel start to feel cramped. But, if I can't stay deluxe, I'm staying value because I feel the moderate is not worth the $$ difference from a value.

Anyway, I am super excited about our upcoming visit to Pop . It's going to be awesome
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Old 08-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #752
Mrs.Prince
Mouseketeer

For the adults....can the two of you sleep on one bed? I was just wondering because me and my husband were going to take one and the boys on the other.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #753
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Prince View Post
For the adults....can the two of you sleep on one bed? I was just wondering because me and my husband were going to take one and the boys on the other.
We didn't have a problem

Old 08-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #754
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Prince View Post
DFi and I can. I'm a pretty small person, but DFi is a bit larger. We sleep fine. We have a queen at home and while it's a bit smaller it doesn't bother us at all.

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
Old 08-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #755
marciemi
Proud Redhead
I'm just going with what I said!
Guaranteed visible from the space shuttle!

Depends on what you're used to. DH and I did many times when the kids were younger and never thought about it. Now that we're getting older and "roomier" and we've upgraded to a king at home, I will not stay anywhere with only doubles, unless there are just two of us (or, normally, we bring sleeping bags and sleep the kids on the floor since none of them will share a bed either and I figure we "rank" the beds ). Last Disney trip with the whole family, we rented a 4 bedroom house offsite for this reason. But I know tons of people who can comfortably share a twin bed with their spouse. The beds at the values are the size of any normal hotel with double (not queen) beds.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #756
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

DH and I have shared a bed at ASMo and AS Sports with our son sleeping in the bed too (once at 9 months, the other at 2.5 years). While I wouldn't want to do it all the time, it wasn't bad while on vacation.
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

Old 08-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #757
anbouk
FINALLY....DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
I think you are absolutely right. Although beautiful SSR and OKW are huge resorts. POP is actually smaller and has better bus service.

AND you forgot to mention the BEST FOOD court on property!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #758
nonsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Yeah, I didn't really know what to expect either until reading this and now I'm so excited. We've stayed value before, but only for 1 or 2 nights and then we've moved to a DVC unit. This will be our first stay since staying at AKV 1 BR last year so I know we are losing a lot of space, but I can't complain. We are staying 4 nights at Pop, followed by 7 nights on the Disney Magic, and then 5 more nights at Pop. If it weren't for the awesome prices at Pop and the free dining, we probably would stick with the cruise only. DD asked if we could stay at WL instead of Pop and i told her that if we did, we'd have to cut out either the stay before or after the cruise. She said "never mind, Pop is fine!" I agree!!! I don't have a problem with the value except that I'm concerned we may feel start to feel cramped. But, if I can't stay deluxe, I'm staying value because I feel the moderate is not worth the $$ difference from a value.

Anyway, I am super excited about our upcoming visit to Pop . It's going to be awesome

I totally agree, that has been my experience, I think most people are not in the rooms that much after the children are over 3, they stay out longer at the parks. I know last year we stayed at AKL in August, and felt we overpaid for the amount of time we were in the room, because unlike Sept. the parks close later. Also, DS is now 4, we don't have the need for the balcony like we used to when they were small.
1974-1999 - Off Property, Sept. 2001- ASMU, Sept. 2003- WL, Sept. 2006 - POFQ, Sept. 2007- WL, Aug. 2008 - AKL, Aug. 2009 - POP, Aug. 2010 - POP, Aug. 2011 - POFQ, May 2012 - Disney Magic, Nov. 2012 - Art of Animation-Cars Family Suites, Aug. 2013 - POFQ, Aug. 2014 POFQ

Old 08-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #759
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Kind of off topic, but I know someone here will know. Are there maps for the different parks at POP or do you get them at the parks? Also what about the schedules for show times at each park, where would you get those at?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #760
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
Kind of off topic, but I know someone here will know. Are there maps for the different parks at POP or do you get them at the parks? Also what about the schedules for show times at each park, where would you get those at?
They have park maps at the resort, but schedules you have to get at the parks, but you go to guest relations at one park and get them for all the parks.

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
Old 08-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #761
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharacterFan View Post
They have park maps at the resort, but schedules you have to get at the parks, but you go to guest relations at one park and get them for all the parks.
Thank You!!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #762
Grace and Mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatsZoo View Post
Just wanted to add that I will be at Pop in one month today! I am sooooooo excited, the wait is killing me. My kids are starting their 30 day countdown calendars we got off the Creative DISers board today!

We too will be trying the on-line check in. Our last trip we checked in at around noon and we must of waiting 45 minutes in line. Hopefully the on-line check in will work a bit faster than that. Though I must add that our last two trips we checked in around noon and our rooms were ready both times. Let's hope this time too as we are planning on staying around the resort our first day with dinner at Chef Mickey's.
We Too are One month from today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
We are 1 month away and I am having the same problem. I have never flown and am getting very worried about it.

We are checking in in 1 month too...WOOHOO!!! See you there!!
Us too, Althought we are driving from Ohio and leaving on the 6th
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I am checking into in 33days (12th) Not that I'm counting My Ta will be doing my online check in and I will fax my request about 5 days ahead !! That sounds right doesn't it ?? We are requesting 50's poolside connecting !!
Hi Rosie And Yes whose counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Grumpy View Post
We are checking in on the same day!! I can't wait. When all those free upgrades were going on a couple of weeks ago I was kind of down we didn't get one. Then I started thinking about POP and I think I would really miss it if we didn't stay there.
I'm sooo looking forward to staying at Pop's , It will be our 1st time.

It looks like lots of us will be at Pop's at week,

If you see a Grandma crying every time she see Mickey it me, so stop and say HI

Grace
Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #763
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
I been kind of the same way regarding the upgrades.. We check in on the 24th, staying until Sept. 2nd. I guess it's because we have not stayed at a value in a number of years, and I was really getting hopeful seeing all that stuff going on.

Then, in the meantime, I've been reading through this, and other POP threads. It's been making me feel better. It does look like a pretty cool place, and frankly, it IS our second trip this year, and we booked POP, and the 2nd trip in general, only because of the fantastic price when you throw in free dining. Were just over like $1500 for 9 nights with 2 adults, 2 kids, and dining, LOL. (That's cheaper for us than going to the shore for the same number of days)!

Anway, not down anymore, and actually looking forward to staying here for the first time. Who knows, it might become an addiction!
HI! There! Looks like our dates are really close! We check in at Pop on the
24th also and we check out on the 3rd! We're going to have a couple of pool parties over there I think 3 to be exact! and one at the Boardwalk Inn! We have a group PTR going the name WDW Grand Gathering....Who else will be there? I haven't had time to figure out how to put the link in! lol! What time do you arrive! We have a 7am flight out of PHL and should be at MCO at apprx 9:30am so I'm assuming we should be at POP no later than 10:30-11:00am I'm debating on the online check in!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #764
DisneyDork712
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbouk View Post
AND you forgot to mention the BEST FOOD court on property!!!
Ditto that! There's such a great selection at POP! And we've never tried anything that we didn't like!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #765
marciemi
Proud Redhead
I'm just going with what I said!
Guaranteed visible from the space shuttle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
HI! There! Looks like our dates are really close! We check in at Pop on the
24th also and we check out on the 3rd! We're going to have a couple of pool parties over there I think 3 to be exact! and one at the Boardwalk Inn! We have a group PTR going the name WDW Grand Gathering....Who else will be there? I haven't had time to figure out how to put the link in! lol! What time do you arrive! We have a 7am flight out of PHL and should be at MCO at apprx 9:30am so I'm assuming we should be at POP no later than 10:30-11:00am I'm debating on the online check in!
Add me into those checking in on the 24th! Although we're leaving on the 30th since school here starts on Sept 1st. We'll be the ones in the lime green DIS shirts most of the time (or lime green something shirts) so feel free to say hi!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: