Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #31
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Yay! A new Pop thread!! We won't be back until December, but I still have to look at the Pop thread every day... it makes me stupid happy.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, Buckeye Gal!!

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Old 06-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #32
Buckeye Gal
Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Again, thank you, and you are very welcome!! It's always such a joy to hear that people have learned so much from MANY DISers here on this thread as well as knowing they had an awesome vacation! I just make sure all the good info is in one place for all of us to easily find....myself included!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAYankee View Post
.... I faxed our room request into POP this a.m., but the fax number I got from the "Resorts" tab is different from the one in the first post (4040 vs 4039). Should I re-fax our request (and annoy the room assigner?) or just hope it reaches the right person?
I've read lots of success stories from people using the number in Post #1 (407.938.4039), so I personally don't think you have any need to fax again.
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #33
Orangeandwild
I'd rather be in Epcot

Thank you Buckeye Girl for the excellent work, I know how hard it is to keep info current on anything

Sorry about your job loss, but often a job loss leads you into a job you enjoy a lot more

58 wonderful trips to Disney so far!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #34
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Yay! A new Pop thread!! We won't be back until December, but I still have to look at the Pop thread every day... it makes me stupid happy.
Same here. I can not wait for December 7th. Even though I'll probably get there around 2 pm, I plan to spend the rest of the day just taking pictures of Pop. I can't wait to have that amazing Asian Chicken Salad or the Chicken Penne Alfredo. I booked quite awhile ago with Dreams but recently added an extra night and room location requests. I'm hoping to stay 4th floor (quiet), 50's (location and style), and pool view (better security instead of being on the back side)

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #35
Tweevil
Twin Evils....

I found you! And am stilllllll waiting for my trip.
Thanks for the great post and I will be checking in for more great info.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #36
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeandwild View Post
....Sorry about your job loss, but often a job loss leads you into a job you enjoy a lot more
Thanks! That's what I'm counting on! I was unhappy with my job, so I really think there's only positive things to look forward to now!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #37
Tamdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAYankee View Post
the fax number I got from the "Resorts" tab is different from the one in the first post (4040 vs 4039). Should I re-fax our request (and annoy the room assigner?) or just hope it reaches the right person?

HI!!

I faxed Pop a few weeks back with my room request - I used the number I found in the first post of this thread and it work perfectly!

Pop Century x 3
POR x 1
Offsite x 2

Old 06-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #38
61292cna
DIS Veteran

Thanx for the hard work & valuble information! I wish I had found this thread before our first trip to POP!!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:28 AM   #39
mousebit
DIS Veteran

WOW! A new chapter already! And no wonder...I mean this is only the most friendly and informative thread on the DIS!

Kimberly, here's wishing you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
only positive things to look forward to now!

Old 06-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #40
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousebit View Post
...Kimberly, here's wishing you
Thanks, Barb!!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #41
lovemyboys2009
Earning My Ears

security?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Lor View Post
Same here. I can not wait for December 7th. Even though I'll probably get there around 2 pm, I plan to spend the rest of the day just taking pictures of Pop. I can't wait to have that amazing Asian Chicken Salad or the Chicken Penne Alfredo. I booked quite awhile ago with Dreams but recently added an extra night and room location requests. I'm hoping to stay 4th floor (quiet), 50's (location and style), and pool view (better security instead of being on the back side)

So the "better security" part of this post makes me a little nervous. It honestly wasn't something that I had thought of. Is there a concern? I would have booked the other direction of the pool for even more quiet (since I have 2 young children who are very light sleepers), but now I'm thinking I had better face a pool?
Old 06-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #42
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyboys2009 View Post
So the "better security" part of this post makes me a little nervous. It honestly wasn't something that I had thought of. Is there a concern? I would have booked the other direction of the pool for even more quiet (since I have 2 young children who are very light sleepers), but now I'm thinking I had better face a pool?
Security isn't a problem, don't sweat it.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #43
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Some people (if they're traveling alone - is that what you're doing, Minnie Lor?) feel more comfortable being on a more active side. It's not that it's not safe, it's just a comfort thing, I think.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #44
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyboys2009 View Post
Exactly, what ZeroToHero said. I had to extend my tip last summer and was alone at POP for 2 ngts - that's the only time I ever asked (at check-in b/c I made the reservation from our SSR room) for a room with a pool view b/c I would be more comfortable. Do not like being solo and liked having the noise of the pool nearby.

Even then, never felt unsafe for a moment. We've always felt safe at POP - we've been staying in all levels of Disney resorts for 30 yrs, and always feel very safe.

Try not to worry and have a wonderful trip!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #45
mickeytattoo95
Mouseketeer

Just booked my Thanksgiving trip for a week at the POP! Our 4th time there now!!! Glad I found the new thread!

Disney loon since my honeymoon!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: