Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #151
Buckeye Gal
Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgeD79 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the kiddie pool?
Go to Post #1, and you'll find a link to a picture to each pool at Pop. It will be under the Amenities section. You can also do a keyword search on Page 1 of this thread for "wading pool" and quicky retreive it as well.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #152
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemi View Post
Sticky tack. It's the white stuff that kind of looks like clay (but doesn't stain or leave marks) designed for holding up posters.....
I love this stuff, too! Another brand name of the same stuff is Plasti-Tak. You'll also find it in yellow. To add to the list of resources, I'm 95% certain I've purchased it at Michael's and/or Jo-Ann's before, too.
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #153
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
Go to Post #1, and you'll find a link to a picture to each pool at Pop. It will be under the Amenities section. You can also do a keyword search on Page 1 of this thread for "wading pool" and quicky retreive it as well.
Is that a very recent picture? When we were there in May they had the whole thing torn up. I wonder if it still looks the same.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #154
Buckeye Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Is that a very recent picture? When we were there in May they had the whole thing torn up. I wonder if it still looks the same.
Good question as to if it's the same now. From what I recall reading, this wasn't a planned event (not on the published WDW refurbishment and closure calendar), so I would imagine if there were alterations that they were minor. HOWEVER...we all know what happens when you (I) "assUme".

So recent guests, what's the verdict? Is it the same as it had been?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #155
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good question as to if it's the same now. From what I recall reading, this wasn't a planned event (not on the published WDW refurbishment and closure calendar), so I would imagine if there were alterations that they were minor. HOWEVER...we all know what happens when you (I) "assUme".

So recent guests, what's the verdict? Is it the same as it had been?
Yeah, I'm curious. When we were there I saw big chunks of concrete and piles of dirt where they dug it up. Maybe they had to repair a pipe for the pop jets or something like that. I know it was a great thing for kids before, I hope it's still the same.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #156
marciemi
Proud Redhead
I'm just going with what I said!
Guaranteed visible from the space shuttle!

Quote:
I love this stuff, too! Another brand name of the same stuff is Plasti-Tak. You'll also find it in yellow. To add to the list of resources, I'm 95% certain I've purchased it at Michael's and/or Jo-Ann's before, too.
My kids have had it in white, orange, blue, and yellow, but assure me that the white is the "good" stuff!

Edited to add also that the blue I have had leave marks on the walls (white) if it was left up too long.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #157
Tamdude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sah95 View Post
I vow to speak to those with a LGMH this year if I can muster up the courage. I met a Diser in the bus line last time!

Just wondering what an LGMH is? Thanks!

Pop Century x 3
POR x 1
Offsite x 2

Old 06-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #158
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamdude View Post
Just wondering what an LGMH is? Thanks!
Lime Green Mickey Head paint chip from home depot! Diser's sometimes put some in the resort window or attach it to a bag, backpack, stroller or purse in the parks.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #159
Tamdude
Mouseketeer

Oh cool... thanks!

I'm going to be sure to take some with me on my next trip! I wonder if the people at home depot wonder why the lime green paint chips always run out so fast!

Pop Century x 3
POR x 1
Offsite x 2

Old 06-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #160
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyboys2009 View Post
Hi! I have yet another question.....I see that if you plan on taking the disney transportation from the airport you can have it so that they take your luggage....but it could take 3-4hours to get it? We arrive at 8:40pm and will be putting the boys to bed once we get there.....should we just get our own luggage or does it not really take that long to get it?
I have heard that if your flight arrives after 10, then the luggage won't be delivered til lthe next day, or you need to pick it up yourself. If you put the ME tags on it then the luggage will not come out with the other luggage to pick up though. Always pack what you will need the first day, regardless though, in cese luggage gets lost, or just in using ME, because it can take awhile for it to come...but it is really nice not having to retrieve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemi View Post
My kids have had it in white, orange, blue, and yellow, but assure me that the white is the "good" stuff!

Edited to add also that the blue I have had leave marks on the walls (white) if it was left up too long.
I was thinking the same thing. I like the blue the best, but it does leave marks.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #161
MsCoz2000
NJ Shore Girl

Quote:
Oh cool... thanks!

I'm going to be sure to take some with me on my next trip! I wonder if the people at home depot wonder why the lime green paint chips always run out so fast!

Woohoo!!! I'm in the single digits!!!
March '09 (POP) July '09 (POP) Sept/Oct '09 (POP & Bonnet Creek) Nov '09 (POP) Feb '10 (Offsite) Sept/Oct '10 (Bonnet Creek) Dec '10 (Yacht Club) March '11 (YC & Bonnet Creek) April '12 (Bonnet Creek) April '13 (Bonnet Creek) Sept/Oct '14 (Bonnet Creek)

Successfully Drank around the World!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #162
marciemi
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Oh cool... thanks!

Nah, cause you have people like me who take a whole bunch of all the colors to make their countdown calendars:

Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #163
emh1129
I admit, though, that I had Disney-tunnel-vision
Had a fish named mushroom
Most of the people here are completely clueless

Marciemi- I LOVE that!! I might have to borrow your idea It's so cute!

Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #164
marciemi
Proud Redhead

Thanks - on the back of each one I put some trivia, then underneath the post-it note (so no one peeks), I have a picture of something to go with the trivia. Honestly, it takes more time collecting the trivia than anything else, so when you get ready to make one, just let me know and I'll be glad to share mine!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #165
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

That is a fabulous countdown calendar!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: