Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 03:08 PM   #1501
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz-kateer View Post
Hi - do they sell boxes of breakfast cereal in the shop at The Pop?

A habit of mine is to grab a few handfuls of Apple Jacks, Chex or Cheerios or the like, put in a ziplock baggy and carry with me throughout the day for snacking.

Just occurred to me I'm going to have to go without at WDW unless we can buy a box of cereal, as I can't bring a box with me.

Can anyone advise?
As someone else pointed out, you can get an individual cereal with a snack credit, but included in that one credit is also a indivd. carton of milk. So if anyone in your party would use the milk, make sure you grab it.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #1502
OffKilterMom
Earning My Ears

Good to know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
As someone else pointed out, you can get an individual cereal with a snack credit, but included in that one credit is also a indivd. carton of milk. So if anyone in your party would use the milk, make sure you grab it.
Thanks for that! VERY good to know. Does anyone know if there are individual coffee creams at the food court (real cream.)?

Kim
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #1503
yrdlyprincess
DIS Veteran

Ok, a couple more questions- so which bldg really is quiet (I mean -not like a mouse or anything-but not @ a pool) and with RAC do I have to use it or can I check my own bags when I get to MCO? What is better- We checked our last time when we got there, does it get you to stay in the parks longer? and is that chessecake REALLY that good?? BTW does POP have the towel animals?

Hubby and the kids will pack and plan--ok maybe just pack!

Old 10-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #1504
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider0215 View Post
This was my first trip to WDW and I stayed at POP. Will do the same next year. You will have a blast. Did you request a certain building? I was inthe 70's and once I realized I could cross the parking lot to the bus stop it cut down my walking some. Not that it's far but going through the gift shop was getting expensive . Remember this is coming from someone who take spublic transit every day but the buses were great. I did just miss the DTD one the day I arrived and had a 20 minute wait but that's the most you will have and it only happened once. After the MNSSHP did have a short wait. Only because they were filling the bus with Handicapped and their parties, but they brought in another and pulled it up right beside the one they were filling and we were on our way. Suggest leaving park about 10 inutes till 12 depending on crowds. They weren't bad when I was there but don't know about now with F&W and being closer to Halloween. What I wish I would've done is really walked around POP and checked out all the Icons. I missed a lot of them. You might want to take some relaxing time to do that. OH and ride the balloon at DTD. It's awesome. Sorry I got so long winded but it was a great trip.
We requested a building... but I don't remember what it was! LOLOL So where ever they put us is fine! We will have a rental car but plan on using the busses to go to parks. Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckret01 View Post
Us too we arrive Sat Oct 3 Can't wait
Hope to see you there!!!!! Have a great trip!!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #1505
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hey everybody! We just got back and had an amazing time! I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great info on POP! It is so superior to the AllStars and everything was so clean throughout the resort! We requested 50's or 60's and we got the 50's lower level and it was a very short walk to the main bldg. We decorated our window and saw quite a few others decorated for Halloween too! We only ate breakfast at the food court but the food was good and the crowd was not bad at all! Thanks again for all the info in this thread!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #1506
mauigal
Yay! For the happiest place on earth!

I read a few pages back that the bowling pin pool will be closed at the POP....does anyone know when this will be or where I can find that info! Thanks...leaving in 2 days....so excited!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 AM   #1507
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrdlyprincess View Post
and is that chessecake REALLY that good?? BTW does POP have the towel animals?
My honest answer is no, the cheesecake isn't very good. I've only had it once and it was dry and flavorless. But, I may have gotten a bad batch since so many rave about it.

We got a towel animal on our last trip. It was a cute little bunny. I studied it and now I make bunny towel animals for my kids every once in a while.

BTW,

I WILL BE AT POP TOMORROW!!!!! WOO-HOOO!!!!

I even made my kids and myself matching POP shirts!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #1509
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Whats RAC?
Resort Airline Check in
it is a service that all the resorts have that allow you to check your luggage right at the resort for your flight home on your departure day. At this time Pop Century is the only one that allows Southwest Airlines check in. I believe that is expanding to the All Star resorts this month sometime.
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #1510
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Whats RAC?
Resort Airline Check-in - checking your bags and checking in for your flight at the resort (for DME)
Old 10-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #1511
cepmom
Mine are painted too

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrdlyprincess View Post
Ok, a couple more questions- so which bldg really is quiet (I mean -not like a mouse or anything-but not @ a pool) and with RAC do I have to use it or can I check my own bags when I get to MCO? What is better- We checked our last time when we got there, does it get you to stay in the parks longer? and is that chessecake REALLY that good?? BTW does POP have the towel animals?

you do not have to use RAC; we usually don't because Southwest was never participating until now. It doesn't make much difference whether you use it or not...if you don't use RAC, and want to go to a park for the day before your flight home, you can use luggage service to hold your bags until your ME departure. Then you just need to take your luggage on the ME bus back to MCO and wait in line there to check it in. Sometimes the line can be really long at MCO; that's about the only advantage I see to using RAC.
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
Old 10-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #1512
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

OK, Speaking of RAC, I have seemed to have screwed up check out/RAC on both my trips.
So can someone walk me thru it?
We will want to check out early and head to a park before our flight. I think I can get a bill left for me in the AM and not need to actually go thru check out at the front desk right? Do I have to do something to do this?
Then In the AM, can I call Luggage services to pick up my bags for RAC (or would you recommend I take them down)?

TIA!

***Ultimate Orlando w/DIS, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14***Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #1513
cepmom
Mine are painted too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs D View Post
OK, Speaking of RAC, I have seemed to have screwed up check out/RAC on both my trips.
So can someone walk me thru it?
We will want to check out early and head to a park before our flight. I think I can get a bill left for me in the AM and not need to actually go thru check out at the front desk right? Do I have to do something to do this?
Then In the AM, can I call Luggage services to pick up my bags for RAC (or would you recommend I take them down)?

TIA!
as long as you have a credit card on file, you can do express check out. You do not need to go down to the front desk to check out; they will charge your cc on file for any charges to your room, then leave you a printout/receipt of charges (if any) on your door handle early in the morning on the day you depart.

As far as RAC, you must be present with an ID at the RAC desk to check in for your flight and check your bags, no less than 3 hours before your flight home. Luggage services will pick up your bags for you and hold them for you while you go to the park, but they can not check them in RAC for you. It is two separate services. Hope that helps
Old 10-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #1514
my2boysrtwicethefun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Just wanted to POP in again and thank everyone for the POP info. We will be there on Saturday 10/3 and we are getting so excited!!!!

We have never stayed there before and we can't wait!!!!

Hope to see some of you there this weekend!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
BTW,

I WILL BE AT POP TOMORROW!!!!! WOO-HOOO!!!!

I even made my kids and myself matching POP shirts!

Congrats to the both of you. Have a wonderful time!
*Sept 28th-Oct. 5th, 2012: Pop Century *Next trip: Sept 28-Oct 6, 2014

Old 10-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #1515
drag n' fly
Bucket list alert!!...Rode the Lilly Belle and dined at Club 33 on the same day with Dave Smith!!

It is supposed to snow here tomorrow! Makes going that much sweeter!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: