Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #46
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville_minnie View Post
the ticket prices seem much more reasonable if you can get into the park at four, is that true? disney website just says that the party is from 7pm-midnight.

i was ready to buy our tickets on-line until i read through this thread. i am now nervous about the weather. does anyone know how early you have to get the tickets in order to get the discount? we are planning to go 9/25 and would rather pay the $52 that the $59.

oops, never mind, i see in the fine print that advance purchase savings are available up to the day prior to the event.
Hey, We're going on 9/25 also! See you there! We'll probably buy our tickets the day before!
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #47
AaronWallace
Earning My Ears

I'll add my voice to the chorus... MNSSHP is a BLAST. I can't recommend it strongly enough. I also enjoy MVMCP but MNSSHP is the ultimate.

-Aaron
AaronWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #48
AlternateEgo
Missing the House of the Mouse

I have been contemplating this over and over. Its not about the price, but I am afraid we will be worn out by the time we get there. Do you find an advantage to being there at 4 rather than 7? Do you think we could go to Animal Kingdom in the morning, back to our resort at CSR, Dinner at Boma at 4:30 and then over to MNSSHP??? All without draggin butt?

Ohhh and then get up for Epcot the very next day?

Next trip TBD - thinking 11-2015 with

Summer '92 Offsite , 9 '07 ASMu FDDP , 9 '09 CSR FDDP-Honeymoon 9 '11 POR FDDP
AlternateEgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #49
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

Everytime we've gone the parks have been pretty packed up until 7pm. So the FP machines are covered and you're just kindof standing around waiting until everyone without a party ticket leaves. So, now we arrive pretty close to 7pm and it's worked out. I highly recommend dinner outside the park and thn arrive at MK around 6:30pm or so, take in the scenery on Main St and then as they kick everyone out without a wristband at 7pm the rides will all be walk ons!
We've never been too wiped to enjoy it! Running from ride to ride is so exhilarating you're not tired at all! Plus all the extras everyone's mentioned like the parade and Fireworks!
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #50
luvmyfam444
DIS Veteran

UMMM that's a tough one. I think it's good for eeryone to do once. I doubt we'll do it again. It was worth it in the fact that the lines for rides weren't bad - however during the day the lines weren't that bad anyway since its not summer or anything.

We did have a young ones we had a 7 & 2.5 year old. My kids don't ahve nay problem staying awake - they nap in the parks in the stroller or on the TTA.

My kids were scared of the parade - since it was all villans.

We did get to see snowwhite & all the dwarfs which is somehting you don't typically see.

There really weren't any lines for the candy or anything -

It just was a bit expensive to us for not a whole lot of extra magic....but if you've got the extra $ to spend then go for it - in our case we'd rather use that money on a character meal or an extra day in the parks
luvmyfam444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #51
scoobygrl79
Earning My Ears

Excuse me for temporarily hi-jacking (sorry) but this interesting thread has led me to a few questions:

#1 So one would assume that if you were NOT doing Mnsshp, then definitely do not use your park tickets for MK that day because of being booted out at 7 OR does MK close around that time (7pm) whether mnsshp was going on or not?

#2 Is it wise to also use one of your magic your way passes/days on it since you are paying to go to the party ANYWAY...OR is it disney's intentions to have you pay the $50+ bucks ABOVE your normal magic your way pass (in other words, say I was planning on just going here the last day, after my passes ran out...are you able to just go by tix to enter the party even though you don't have MYW passes anymore?

#3 do you see people during the actual daytime already in their costumes for the evening event (for some people who do not plan on leaving for a break and come back)?

Thanks to anyone reading this, I'm a super DV (disney virgin)
scoobygrl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #52
Moomduck1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobygrl79 View Post
#1 So one would assume that if you were NOT doing Mnsshp, then definitely do not use your park tickets for MK that day because of being booted out at 7 OR does MK close around that time (7pm) whether mnsshp was going on or not?

#2 Is it wise to also use one of your magic your way passes/days on it since you are paying to go to the party ANYWAY...OR is it disney's intentions to have you pay the $50+ bucks ABOVE your normal magic your way pass (in other words, say I was planning on just going here the last day, after my passes ran out...are you able to just go by tix to enter the party even though you don't have MYW passes anymore?

#3 do you see people during the actual daytime already in their costumes for the evening event (for some people who do not plan on leaving for a break and come back)?

I have never been to MNSSHP but I've been to the Christmas one. I can answer 1 & 2 but not 3.

If you did not purchase a ticket to the Halloween party, you will not have a wristband so you will not be allowed to ride any rides. They do check and they will tell you that you can't ride. If you do not have any days left on your multi-day ticket, you can purchase a ticket for the Halloween party to get into the MK, but they will not let you into the park until 4pm.

The parks have different hours in the fall than in the summer, so the MK closing at 7 is not that much different. It's not like the summer when the MK is open until midnight.
Boardwalk Port Orleans French Quarter Art of Animation
Upcoming: Dolphin

And this is for DD...
Moomduck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #53
scoobygrl79
Earning My Ears

thx moomduck!
scoobygrl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #54
disneywego
Mouseketeer

this is totaly cool and now i cant wait... i am thinking i should get the family to dress up LOL.... i'll be the queen of hearts. OFF with there heads.
disneywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:35 PM   #55
smithmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobygrl79 View Post
Excuse me for temporarily hi-jacking (sorry) but this interesting thread has led me to a few questions:

It's not hi-jacking! The more information the better and these are great questions! I'll hopefully be going the night of the 18th. Any one going then?
Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #56
ekidwell0001
Always thinking about DISNEY!

DBF and I went to our very first MNSSHP last year and had a blast! The parade was very neat, along with the different photo op's and fireworks, but i do not have any children (yet!) So im not sure if the money would be worth it for them being that young? But like i said, im not a mother so i dont know! But for us, it was well worth the money, it was a great time and we are going back this year!

Me (Liz) DH (Dustin)

Engaged at WDW Sept. 14th 2010!!
Married 3-24-12!
ekidwell0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #57
ekidwell0001
Always thinking about DISNEY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateEgo View Post
I have been contemplating this over and over. Its not about the price, but I am afraid we will be worn out by the time we get there. Do you find an advantage to being there at 4 rather than 7? Do you think we could go to Animal Kingdom in the morning, back to our resort at CSR, Dinner at Boma at 4:30 and then over to MNSSHP??? All without draggin butt?

Ohhh and then get up for Epcot the very next day?

This is exactly what DBF and I do! We got to the party around 6:30-7 last year doing this plan (except we ate at Kona!) and it worked out well! But they did have a parade or something in the beginning (cant quite remember) and i wished we hadnt' missed it. But i think that would be a great plan! This is my plan for the Sept. 29th date!!

Me (Liz) DH (Dustin)

Engaged at WDW Sept. 14th 2010!!
Married 3-24-12!
ekidwell0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #58
ses1230
DIS Veteran

I'm going to join in here - MNSSHP is awesome! I can't wait to go again this year! Here is a pic of Pooh in costume and one of Cinderella's coach (from 2007):

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #59
smithmom
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I've tried to work our schedule to go. I'm going to make up invitations for my boys and parents to be left in the rooms the night before. I'm very excited - although here it is the 4th of July and my kids were out cold at 7... hmmmm...
Old 07-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #60
AngVT
My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

We loved MNSSHP!!!

My son and I went last October two nights, because on the first night it POURED!!! (buckets!) We had our ponchos, but still... my feet were wet and cold. We left after the 2nd parade... brought 1 1/2 bags of TorT candy back to the room that night... we had dressed up too... UGH!

Two nights later, we went, it was BEAUTIFUL!!! No rain, we did some of the rides, TorT'd a couple times but watched the parade twice!!! (I love the parade, it's worth the money, imo!) NOTE: The parade song will get stuck in your head for days! I got a chance to take more pictures the 2nd night too... I didn't want to bring out my camera in a downpour!

My DD and I are going this coming Oct. I got tickets for the 25th, as well as the 31st. I figured we'd do the rides/TorT/face paintings/dance party, etc. the first night, then on the 31st, dress up, and just enjoy the party! (well, I also figured we wouldn't be going back in Oct for a while too, so why not enjoy the moment.)

We saw LOTS of people dressed up on the two nights we went, they started arriving dressed up at 4pm. (which is the time you can arrive with the party tickets, and don't have to use your park tickets) We did notice that the party specific items didn't come out til after 7:15 ish. (shirts, pins, etc.) But we did pick up a couple of the fabric bags that were $5, to use for TorT'ing, since the plastic bags they give out can be a pain (literally) when they get heavy.

(offsite trips)1983; Apr. 2003 Oct. 2004 Dec. 2007 Oct. 2008 - WL Oct. 2009 - CSR Dec. 2011 CSR (the princess' 16th birthday)
AngVT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boys, mnsshp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: