Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #61
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great first day!

I love the Cinderella fountain...have you seen pictures of it? I have two pictures of it if you want me to post them. I understand if you want to be surprised though.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #62
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Sounds like a great first day!

I love the Cinderella fountain...have you seen pictures of it? I have two pictures of it if you want me to post them. I understand if you want to be surprised though.
Please post away!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #64
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

What a neat first day with the Cinderella fountain, I'll have to write that one down for later.

please do tell about the lime green mickey too, I don't have that story.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 06-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #65
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here you go!

Not Crowned.

Crowned.
So cool! I really had to look for it too. What's funny is I did have a picture of it myself but never noticed the crown. Its all in the right angle.

Please ignore that it looks like she's taking a pee.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #66
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
please do tell about the lime green mickey too, I don't have that story.
I read this on the DISboards FAQ's -- "Lime Green: A few years ago some DISers were trying to figure out a way to identify other random DIS board members at the parks. It was decided that Lime Green would be a great color because at that time it was very rare to see. People would tie lime green ribbons to their bags or make tags or wear a lime green t-shirt in hopes of seeing other DISers in the parks and saying Hi.

Then Home Depot began carrying the Disney paint and the swatches were in the shape of Mickey heads. The color Alien Green is the "unofficial" color for the DISboards and people began using those as an easy way to make tags for their fanny packs, backpacks, lanyards, shirt pins, window decorations and just about anything you can imagine. Usually we write our username on it or other sayings--my kids wear ones that say "future DISer" on them. And of course, these days lime green is a hot color so you can't just assume that anyone with a lg t-shirt or hat or bag is a DIS member. So the LGMH sets us apart.

When you see someone with that on their bag or stroller or person then you know they are a DISer and want to meet others so conversations ensue. Sometimes just a "Hi" sometimes a short conversation or more. One of the first DISers I met this way, in the food court at All Star Movies, I am still friends with and in fact she came all the way out by me on a family vacation with a priority of us going out for dinner. "
Old 06-18-2009, 06:02 AM   #67
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Any more for the Magic Kingdom anyone?

Come on... share !
Old 06-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #68
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Was it you that mentioned you could hear Stitch whispering on the castle walkway that goes by the wishing well, or was that another PTR...? They are starting to get jumbled in my head.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #69
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Yep, that was me.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #70
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yep, that was me.
Oh good, I am not totally losing it. Hmmm. Let me see what other trivia I have for the MK. Do you know about the voices that come from the windows on Main Street. On the little side street about half way up, if you sit on a bench over there you can hear the piano lessons and such.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #71
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh good, I am not totally losing it. Hmmm. Let me see what other trivia I have for the MK. Do you know about the voices that come from the windows on Main Street. On the little side street about half way up, if you sit on a bench over there you can hear the piano lessons and such.
The side street where they do the charicatures? I didn't know that. Will definately stop to listen! When we went for MNSSHP, my daughter (can you guess her costume ?) stopped there to do a little twirl and the people sitting on the benches were so sweet they gave her a little applause when she was done.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #72
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
The side street where they do the charicatures? I didn't know that. Will definately stop to listen! When we went for MNSSHP, my daughter (can you guess her costume ?) stopped there to do a little twirl and the people sitting on the benches were so sweet they gave her a little applause when she was done.
Awww, that is so cute!! Yes, that is the side street. There is also a phone somewhere, I want to say the shop where you can buy mouse ears where if you pick it up you can hear people talking to each other. It's cute.

Oh!! I have something else too. Don't know if you are Haunted Mansion fans or not but if you wait until the stretching room is almost empty....the gargoyles will start whispering, it's very neat!!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #73
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

We love the Haunted Mansion! My DS13 loves all these little tips and hidden gems as much as I do and we are compiling lots for the HM. I hadn't heard the gargoyle one and that does sound really cool. Adding it to the list thanks!!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #74
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

What a great idea to share tips/secrets etc. Okay here's my contribution I have read that if you look closely in the murals of Cinderella Castle you will see that one of the stepsisters face is red with anger and the other stepsister's face is green with envy as they watch Cinderella try on the glass slipper. It's also been said that some of the tiles in the Wicked Stepsisters mosaic is made of real gold.

Here are a few facts that I have read about the Haunted Mansion--(I'm anxious to check out in August.)
If you look up at the top story right above the front door at night and watch it for a little while you will notice that a light will pass by and some shadows, it looks like two people are walking by with a lantern.
At the entrance before you go inside the last tombstone (for Madame Leota)has eyes on it that open just for instant.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #75
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
What a great idea to share tips/secrets etc. Okay here's my contribution I have read that if you look closely in the murals of Cinderella Castle you will see that one of the stepsisters face is red with anger and the other stepsister's face is green with envy as they watch Cinderella try on the glass slipper. It's also been said that some of the tiles in the Wicked Stepsisters mosaic is made of real gold.

Here are a few facts that I have read about the Haunted Mansion--(I'm anxious to check out in August.)
If you look up at the top story right above the front door at night and watch it for a little while you will notice that a light will pass by and some shadows, it looks like two people are walking by with a lantern.
At the entrance before you go inside the last tombstone (for Madame Leota)has eyes on it that open just for instant.
Oh this is making me so excited to go! Duly noted -- whoo hoo !

Tags
ptr, sleeps, tracy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: