Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 09:25 AM   #31
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
I have a similar picture and it is one of my favorites. I love the colors in this area.

My husband saw my pic on my desktop and wanted to know who's beautiful backyard it was he's not too observant sometimes.

Quote:
Glad you got most the ADR's you wanted. I have found with places like Rainforest that are not Disney owned I have better luck calling them for an ADR than going through Disney. We did T-Rex at DTD in December and DS really liked it, did ya'll consider that?
I decided not to go OOP for the Rainforest although I was mighty disappointed. I did take a look at T-Rex and thought it would be fun... is that OOP too? I can't remember now.

Quote:
We really liked Planet Hollywood abd Teppan Edo. Sci Fi and Rainforest are 2 of our favorites, I had to make DH and DS let us try new stuff this time.

I have some pics from inside T-Rex if your interested.
Absolutely!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #32
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Pics from T-Rex

It is loud like Rainforest (probably even louder) and the food is very similar. They are both owned by Landry's.

Here are several. I didnt realize how many I took. Your older 2 would probably really like it as well but I think Metri would love it. They have a Build-A-Dinosaur in the gift shop as you can see and Lance loved the entire place.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #33
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pics from T-Rex

It is loud like Rainforest (probably even louder) and the food is very similar. They are both owned by Landry's.

Here are several. I didnt realize how many I took. Your older 2 would probably really like it as well but I think Metri would love it. They have a Build-A-Dinosaur in the gift shop as you can see and Lance loved the entire place.
I just looked it up and T-Rex is not part of the dining plan but I think we'll at least visit it just to take a look at everything they have. It does look pretty awesome!
Old 06-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #34
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I just looked it up and T-Rex is not part of the dining plan but I think we'll at least visit it just to take a look at everything they have. It does look pretty awesome!
Yeah, none of the Landry places are part of the dining plan. That includes both Rainforest at DTD and AK. Thats the only bad part about them.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #35
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey, I wanna join in too! I found your link in the "If I Don't Get In..." trip report. We're going to be staying at Pop too but will be checking out just as you are checking in.

Quote:
We love Stitch too. One new thing we want to check out this year is a tip we read here - 'If you sit on the stone ledge on the side of the castle, you will hear Stitch giggle and tell you to be quiet because he's hiding!' Can't wait to get the kids to take a break and listen!
Where is this at? I have never even heard of it. Hunter would love this.

Quote:
New post coming up, but I wanted to ask people's opinion about the Flame Tree BBQ in AK. I'd heard much good things about it, but l've also heard now there are lots of birds. Is it still a great place to go? Or do the birds bother too much?
We love Flame Tree BBQ. Yes, there are birds there but they have never bothered us. The food is really good too.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #36
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey, I wanna join in too! I found your link in the "If I Don't Get In..." trip report. We're going to be staying at Pop too but will be checking out just as you are checking in.
Hi mickeystoontown! and be sure to wave at everyone in the lobby as you're checking out we just may wave back at you!

Quote:
Where is this at? I have never even heard of it. Hunter would love this.
I'm not really sure, I'm assuming the wall on the side of the castle that has the little path and the fountain. (I think the opposite side is Story Time with Belle? I'm not positive.) I'm hoping its a real thing. Anyone else heard of this?

Quote:
We love Flame Tree BBQ. Yes, there are birds there but they have never bothered us. The food is really good too.
For sure we'll check it out and hope for the best.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #37
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Well just some random past trip pics this evening while I wait until its time to go pick up my DS13 from his school bus trip to Montreal.

Playing around in the POP gift shop while the DH and DS1 took a nap after our early flight in.

The Prince at 1900 Park Fare truly was a prince. My daughter was in love!

On the way to Its Tough to be a Bug

Photo-op!

A kiss from Ariel while visiting her at her Grotto.

My DS13 thinks he sucks at art, but I think he did a great job, don't you?

A high-five from Tigger! What more could you ask for?

Look at me trying to be all artsy with my photo angles!

Meeting Alice was a delight!

Indubidably good time with Marrrryyy Poppins!

Look out!

Curse you Buzz Lightyear! ....And your little dog too!

Fun fun fun!

These two are both Checkers Club Champions!

I told my daughter to pose like Minnie and she captured her perfectly!

Then my son was all... "Get me! Get me! I'll be Donald!"

"I'd like to thank the Academy....."

You may now kiss the bride!

See? I TOLD you we'd be back!

More artsy angles!

My daughter's second favorite ride in all of the parks. Her first favorite? Soarin!

And last but certainly not least, one of my favorites pics from all of our trips:

All right, time for me to go. Thanks for allowing me to share with you!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #38
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a cutie patooie family you have! I love looking at pictures and reading reports. They are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #40
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Hey! Just found your PTR...we are going to be there at the same time as you!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 06-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #41
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What a cutie patooie family you have! I love looking at pictures and reading reports. They are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation
Thank you! I love looking at pics too. My son bought me a digital picture frame for Christmas two years ago - perfect gift for me! It sits in my office and I loaded up all my pictures and set it to change every 15 seconds. I could sit and stare at it all day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Those are beautiful photos! I love the one of the kids in front of Everest, so cute!
Thanks! It was soooo hot that day, I think we went straight to the river rapids after this pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Hey! Just found your PTR...we are going to be there at the same time as you!
Watch for me, I'll be the one taking pictures! Oh....., wait.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #42
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I imagine if I had ever gone as a child I would have been so into the tiara thing. So I love that almost every picture of your DD she has on a tiara. I still want one.

Which store were you in when you took the "I'd like to thank the Academy" picture?
Old 06-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #43
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I imagine if I had ever gone as a child I would have been so into the tiara thing. So I love that almost every picture of your DD she has on a tiara. I still want one.

Hmmmmmmm Since we now have the Tink hat, there is suddenly a tiara up for grabs!

Quote:
Which store were you in when you took the "I'd like to thank the Academy" picture?

I'm not positive but we were in Hollywood Studios and it was in one of the shops that are closest to the main entrance on Hollywood Blvd. I looked up what stores are there and it may be "Crossroads of the World" or "Mickey's of Hollywood" based on the descriptions of what they sell.

One of our favorite things to do is clown around in the stores taking silly pics
Old 06-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #44
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I love all the pictures!!! Such a great picture of your daughter and her "prince". Thank you for sharing!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #45
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmmmmmmm Since we now have the Tink hat, there is suddenly a tiara up for grabs!

Grab it! Grab it!!!!

Tags
ptr, sleeps, tracy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: