Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Happy Anniversary while singing in the rain @ WDW! UPDATE-PPass p.14 & BFF p.15 9/18

First things First- I want to say sorry it has taken me sooo long to start this. It seems that ever since we returned home there has been constant chaos and one thing after another.

At first, my plan was to edit all my pictures before I started my TR.. well I'm only at 200 and we have like 900.. soo I guess I'm going to edit as we go. I don't change all the pictures, but I like to make them look the best that they can.. its an annoying habit. Plus, I don't plan on posting all the pictures.. soo hopefully this will make it quicker.

These last couple weekends, DH and I have been constantly going. Over the weekend, we watched his 3 siblings all weekend while his mom was up north at a job interview. They have the internet.. but like theres time to sit down and type. pfff.

For those of you that are just joining.. I'll give a little intro of DH and I. If you'd like you can read my PTR. (There's a link on my signature)

Me-Hola! I'm Jen! I'm 25 years young.. though I feel old. I'm still a full time student graduating in Spring 2011 for secondary Education.. only 3 more semesters! YIPPY! I won't get into the fact that I've been going since Fall2002 and I'm still not graduated.. we will just skip that part. hehe As for Disney, I have always loved it. Growing up, I loved all the disney movies and held a special place in my heart. My family and I went to Disney World 1 time- but we only visited MK and we didn't stay onsite.. so I don't consider it visiting WDW per say. hehe I feel in love and always wanted to go back.

DH-Austin but best known as Austy. He an huge UFC fan, and loves playing guitar. He likes to write songs and lyrics.. but not always together and he rarely remembers them later. hehe He also loves fishing! Which just kind of happened over the past 2 years. Growing up, DH only went to FL once, and never to Disney World.

DH and I have been together for 7 years (YESTERDAY!! June 7th) but we celebrated it early obviously.. from May 19th-25th)

Our first trip was Jan. 2005. He liked it a lot. and loveddd Florida.

And we got married last summer 2008.

So I can truly say now.. Happy 1 Year Anniversary.. although it does sound weird because its not 1 year it 7.. hehe so I've been saying Happy 1 Year Wedding Anniversary! hehe

Ok- for the trip- we were going to celebrate our 1 year Anniversary.. because originally we were suppose to go for our honeymoon last summer and things happened and we had to post pone the trip. We still went to Mackinac Island.. which was very nice! But not as nice as Disney World in Florida. hehe

Ok I'm going to post this.. and then start on the night before we left. idk if will get to WDW or not the first post.. but we made it.. don't worry!

Last edited by JenAusty; 09-18-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Jen~
I'm here...can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!! Btw, GREAT 1st pic of you!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Repost.

Hey guys- I wanted to repost the "return" posting from my PTR.. So that way anyone that is just joining will get a little fill on the trip. So some of you might of already read this.

We're finally home. and we had a great time of course! Actually I'm not sad to leave Disney World- I was really sad to leave Florida- just because of how much DH and I love it there and want to live there. But with all the rain- the constant running back and forth- being cooped up in our room a lot- not being able to swim much- and so forth- made it less sad to leave.. I was mostly sad when we left MK and my DH said "Bye Magic Kingdom" and I said awww..

There was A LOT of rain and it kind of messed up our schedule but we tried to make the best of it and appreciated the nonrainy weather when it was here. I was talking to this lady in line and she said she comes this time every year and it never rains that bad.. soo I guess we just got lucky.. But on a good note, with rain in all- DH and I had a great time! He told me many times throughout this week that this was the best vacation he has ever been on. We both loved the dining plan, most of out food places, and the stress of not having to worry about food money was awesome! hehe DH said he was thankful for all the planning I did- because our trip was great. So I'm happy! Plus, I was surprised with how long our days seemed. They didn't seem like they rushed AT ALL.. it was weird.. but great!

We did most of the things we wanted- multiple times.. there was only a few things we didn't get to do because of weather. When I start my trip report- I'll give a my thoughts on Pop Century and a few other things..

But just for fun I'll let you all know- My favorite ride was Soarin!!! It was the first time I ever rode it and only got to ride it once this trip.. but it was amazing.. and we were placed in the FRONT seat.. idk if that makes a difference but it was GREATTT! Ok let me load all my pics and edit them and then I'll get started!

I did take pictures of all my food.. I think.. hehe and I took many pictures of scenery and such and I ended up with like 800 maybe.. idk but even though I felt like I was taking pictures constantly.. it didn't feel like a lot but I hear so many others taking like 2000 pictures.. but I tried! hehe I think in the future I won't take as many pictures of the attractions and things.. because I already have them.. but I want more pictures of DH and I.

Also, I officially know that DH is a disney world lover now! Because he said many times during this trip- "we will just have to come back sooner than we thought because of the rain- thats a good enough reason to come back right?" and "we need to try and come back this winter" and "yes i love disney, this place is awesome.. except for DHS- I hate that place" hehe
Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Angry The night before, next morning.

Hey guys- I had almost a whole post on the day that we were leaving.. and then I hit something on the keyboard and it completely erased it.. and idk how to get it back. So needless to say.. I have to retype all of that. So I will do it later.. I'm sorry!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'm here girl!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Hey chick, I'm here!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here and looking forward to reading all of it!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #8
ilovecupcakes
Mouseketeer

Hi! I had to click because I figured from your title, you and your husband were there the same time my mom and I were. I sware I didn't know it could rain as much as it did that week. Looking forward to reading more

What am I celebrating? College is OVER! Click the link for my May 2009 PTR with Mom & Mickey

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2126554

A Wet but Wonderful Trip Report! (in progress)
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post31961220
Old 06-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #9
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm here girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey chick, I'm here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here and looking forward to reading all of it!!!

YAY!! I'm happy you guys joined in!! Sorry.. I'm seriously slacking.. and its not my fault I swear! I'm going to post a new one right now! FINALLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecupcakes View Post
Hi! I had to click because I figured from your title, you and your husband were there the same time my mom and I were. I sware I didn't know it could rain as much as it did that week. Looking forward to reading more
When did you go? We went May 19th-25th.. and yess we have a lot of rain! I mean it was still fun but very wet. I can't lie, I was a little irritated with the rain at the end. But even with the rain we got to do a lot of stuff. But Anyways, I'm glad you joined in!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

The night before and day of.

OK Soo.. I am going to try and RETYPE my first post of the night before and day we left. Hopefully it will work this time.

The night before, was actually not that bad. When Austy got home from work we went and bought any last minute thing. I didn't really have to pack because I spent most of the day packing. DH just checked over everything and made sure "I" packed everything he needed/wanted, besides bathroom stuff. After dinner and shopping.. I layed around and reread all of our trip plans, then we watch part of the WDW travel planning DVD, and part of Sleeping Beauty before we both feel asleep. Now I was really surprised with how easy we both fell asleep. But I think that it wasn't as hard because we weren't leaving that morning, we we weren't super nervous about flying yet.

The next morning--
DH got up at 5:30am, I made his lunch and coffee, and whisked him off to work. While I laid back down and tried to make myself fall back asleep. After laying there for almost an hour I told myself- look if you get up now the day is going to be even slower, and you are going to be so tired tonight.. and we were going to be flying at night and wouldn't get there til 1130pm. Around 7am I finally fell back asleep and was awake again by 8am.. so I said FINE I'll get up.

My bro came over bright and early because the UFC game was coming out for Xbox360 today (conviently on the same day we were leaving for Disney and DH insisted on me picking it up and him taking it to Florida..pff).
So he picked me up and luckily it wasn't busy at all when they opened and there weren't a lot of people there at all. I guess usually there are for new popular games. I was the 2nd one to pick up mine and we were out the door.

The day wasn't to bad because my bro visited me for a bit but the whole time we talked about Florida, Disney World, flying.. etc.. soo it didn't really help. After he left, I posted on dis, loved my doggy who I was going to miss terribly, listened to dtuneslive gadget all day, and waiting for DH to get out work.

Finally 3pm, DH was leaving work.. so I was cooking dinner. I wanted to make something really easy and fast because I didn't feel like cooking, eating or anything I wanted to LEAVE! hehe So I made hamburger helper- the sloppy joe flavored one.. which sounds really gross and I thought eww when DH picked it out but its actually good. so thankgoodness for HH when you need it. When arrived home- it was 4pm.. we had to leave for the airport around 5pm. So we ate, he took a quick shower- I packed his bathroom stuff.. then my dad arrived- we left around 5pm.. we got the airport by 5:30pm. Our flight was at 7:15pm. Now granted we didn't need to be there and hour in a half early.. but they do recommend that and I don't fly at night so I had NO idea how busy it would be. So after we got in, went through security, went to the bathroom, DH had a guiness and a shot of something to calm his nerves.. we went and sat down.. waiting patiently for our plane..

and one of the many pictures I took while waiting..

Hello gum.. and fillings.. pff. I hate those. ugh
(Notice how my hair is calm, straight and silky.. this will be the last you will see of this.. hehe and its not my fault).
Old 06-15-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Yay, you started...again! You poor thing losing your start the 1st time!! But yay, so happy that we get to relive this with you now!!!

Your hair looks beautiful! I love it and you guys look sooo excited!!!! Can't wait to hear more!!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

yayyy so glad you started!! Aren't pre-Disney jitters the worst?! You just wanna get there already!

You guys looks so cute in that picture and your hair looks really good!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Aw you guys are so cute!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #14
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay! You're almost on the plane to Disney World!!!

Waiting is the WORST, isn't it???

Is your hair like mine and hates the Florida humidity?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #15
redlight
DIS Veteran

I'm in. Happy anniversary!

Amy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: