Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #91
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

All caught up

Loved the old pictures and especially your face going down the drop on SM. I have yet to ride that ride. I HATE drops. I did TOT once and

I may have to steal your packing list!

Great puppy pics too!

What a great deal on the Overland bag!!!! It's a really good travel bag/purse. I have it and I love it. The only reason I got a new bag is because my Overland bag is brown and for some reason PINK is my color of choice this year

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Old 08-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #92
SilverL
My DH thinks he's Tarzan and I'm Jane. Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
I may have to steal your packing list!
Go for it! I was hoping it would help someone.

Naturally, it has evolved a bit since I posted it.

Here are a few additions:

• Pin Backs
• Address Labels
• Flashlight
• Granola Bars
• Dramamine
• Gold Bond Powder
• Halloween costumes
• Room Decorations

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m6b514zwo2i71.png[/img]
Read my Pre-Trip Report : DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #93
DominicaAnne
Mouseketeer

Hi, I'm loving your trip report, and I haven't quite finished reading it yet, but I just wanted to warn you about something before I forgot, just in case. If you booked your flight under your maiden name, you MUST have a photo ID that shows your maiden name or you won't get through security. I booked a flight for our honeymoon under my maiden name (cause it was my name at the time) and I almost couldn't get through security because my license had my married name on it. Luckily, I always carry my expired license in my wallet, so I had it with me to show that I was me! Let me tell you, that freaked me out! I'm not sure that you did this because you are already married, but just in case I wanted to tell you about my experience. Have a great time on your trip!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #94
SilverL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicaAnne View Post
Hi, I'm loving your trip report, and I haven't quite finished reading it yet, but I just wanted to warn you about something before I forgot, just in case. If you booked your flight under your maiden name, you MUST have a photo ID that shows your maiden name or you won't get through security. I booked a flight for our honeymoon under my maiden name (cause it was my name at the time) and I almost couldn't get through security because my license had my married name on it. Luckily, I always carry my expired license in my wallet, so I had it with me to show that I was me! Let me tell you, that freaked me out! I'm not sure that you did this because you are already married, but just in case I wanted to tell you about my experience. Have a great time on your trip!
Thanks for the tip. I booked it under my married name. I was actually worried about not getting my plastic ID in time. But I just got my new one today.

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #95
DominicaAnne
Mouseketeer

Yup, that would have been equally crappy I'm glad you're all set to go

Last edited by DominicaAnne; 08-29-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: edited to subscribe
Old 08-31-2009, 12:57 AM   #96
kmartin555
Mouseketeer

Your TR is coming along wonderfully!

Love your room decorations. I am definitely going to look for you when we are there!

That's the camera we are taking too! I had a heavier, more advanced camera for a long time, and it broke about 6 months ago. My dad bought me this one for my birthday in May. I love it! So light and easy to take everywhere!

I LOVE your packing list! Totally going to use it.

Aren't you just dying of excitement?!?! I can't believe our trips are just around the corner!
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #97
SilverL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicaAnne View Post
Yup, that would have been equally crappy I'm glad you're all set to go
Last time I flew I had a paper temporary ID and the security guys in Washington, DC had never seen one before. They gave me quite a bit of trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin555 View Post

Love your room decorations. I am definitely going to look for you when we are there!

That's the camera we are taking too! I had a heavier, more advanced camera for a long time, and it broke about 6 months ago. My dad bought me this one for my birthday in May. I love it! So light and easy to take everywhere!

Aren't you just dying of excitement?!?! I can't believe our trips are just around the corner!
I love love love love love this camera.

And actually, this trip still seems totally surreal to me, like it's not actually going to happen. I plan and plan, and I KNOW we're going, but it doesn't become super exciting to me until we're actually leaving the house. DH thinks this is sad. However, he should really be pleased that I don't become incredibly annoying to him until we're in the car

"Yay! OMG WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG TOMORROW WE'LL BE IN DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG WE'RE BOARDING THE PLANE TO DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG WE'RE ONLY 7 HOURS AWAY FROM DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG IT'S TIME TO CATCH OUR CONNECTING FLIGHT TO DISNEY WORLD!"
"Yay! OMG WE'RE IN DISNEYWORLDLAND (Florida)"
"Yay! OMG WE'RE ON OUR FIRST RIDE (the monorail thing at the airport)"
etc.

If he had to deal with that for two weeks he would be like this:

Old 08-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #98
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin555 View Post

kmartin...I see someone wearing a Sooners shirt in your pic....are you from Oklahoma?
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 09-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #99
SilverL

Say it with me guys:

TEN MORE DAYS!!

I need to finish posting our plans for the rest of our days at the parks! I will probably add another day later, but I just woke up. Speaking of waking up, I really have to start getting up earlier. Switching from Pacific to Eastern time is a real stinker. I need to be able to drag myself out of bed at 5am at the least.

Let's see... My donner bag came! It's awesome and I love it. It will be perfect for school as well. My shoes have arrived at my local payless store and I just need to go pick them up. No notification from them, though. I know they've arrived because of UPS.

I ordered 2 cases of water from Costco. I know they ship fast, but I couldn't wait any longer to do it in case something were to happen.

Question:

Can we do online check in if we have the dining plan? Or will that mess everything up?

Old 09-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #100
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Joining a little late, but I love your trip plans so far. Our trips overlap by two days so maybe we will see you guys around on the 22 and 23.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #101
amykathleen2005
Wishing....

I'm joining too. I love it all. Planning makes me extremely happy , although I think my fiance might kill me if I brought out notecards detailing when we are riding what ride....lol. He's a bit more laid back....

Why is it that girls seem to be the only ones to get excited about planning, is this another gender role?
2011-Pop Century
Coming soon: 2014 All Star Movies!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #102
DisneysRedhead
Mouseketeer

Oh man, I wish my countdown was as short!! I can't wait for your TR when you come back.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #103
SilverL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
Joining a little late, but I love your trip plans so far. Our trips overlap by two days so maybe we will see you guys around on the 22 and 23.
Sweet! Look for the Lime Green Mickey Heads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykathleen2005 View Post
I'm joining too. I love it all. Planning makes me extremely happy , although I think my fiance might kill me if I brought out notecards detailing when we are riding what ride....lol. He's a bit more laid back....

Why is it that girls seem to be the only ones to get excited about planning, is this another gender role?
I'm not sure. There are men on the DIS who have detailed PTRs too.
Maybe it's just that a higher concentration of women are likely to join DIS and the planners are more likely to make a PTR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneysRedhead View Post
Oh man, I wish my countdown was as short!! I can't wait for your TR when you come back.
If your countdown was this short you would probably be in wedding PANIC mode. I remember it oh so well.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #104
SilverL

Day 4 Plans

I guess I better get these plans up now or never, LOL!

Day 4 is our Hollywood Studios day. Here is the plan:

Rope drop at Hollywood Studios
Ride Toy Story Mania
Grab a FastPass for Toy Story Mania

After much debating, I've decided that this strategy for TSM is probably best. Also, this way we'll know if we want to use a FP for it or not.

Ride Rockin’ Rollercoaster
Ride Tower of Terror
Ride the Great Movie Ride

Can anyone explain to me the two different versions of this ride?

Lunch at Studio Catering Co.

We may or may not eat at this time. We're having a very early dinner, so if we're hungry, we will probably split something here and save another CS credit for later, in case we get hungry after dinner.

See Lights! Motors! Action! or Indiana Jones

Whichever one of these we don't see today, we will see on our second day here.

Get FastPass for Little Mermaid
3:05pm Dinner at Mama Melrose
Ride Little Mermaid
Ride Backlot Tour
Get FastPass for Star Tours
See MuppetVision 3D
Ride Star Tours
Get in line for Fantasmic
See Fantasmic
Ride Rockin’ Rollercoaster

They have added a second showing of Fantasmic on this day. Should we try to go to the first one and then have the second one as a backup?

Last time I was in WDW, there was a huge lightning storm and Fantasmic got canceled while we were all sitting in the theater already. Actually, it was kind of insane. We were all sitting there waiting for confirmation and then the lightning started up very dramatically. LOUD, very scary lightning. Then they announced the show was canceled, and as they did so, the heavens opened up and started dumping buckets of water on us. There was a mass mad dash to the exit. It was very dark. We ended up jammed in a gift shop with 200 other people waiting for the storm to end.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #105
SilverL

Day 5 Plans

9/19 is our World Showcase day. We plan to show up for rope drop and get in a few rides before the WS opens:

Ride Test Track
Tour Innoventions
See Universe of Energy
Ride Spaceship Earth

Then we will either a.) Begin our tour of the world in Mexico, or b.) Hop the boat to Morocco for lunch, depending on whether or not we are hungry. It's a tradition in our family to start our tour in Mexico. If we tried to go the opposite direction, I would feel so wrong!

Last time, we ate our way through the WS. Since we're getting lunch at a CS, I don't know if we'll do that again. But it would be nice to get candy or something little in each place. We have to get chocolate in Germany!

My other MUST is seeing Voices of Liberty. I was very serious about vocal lessons and choir in high school, so I love to hear them sing.

We're having dinner at Chefs de France at 6pm. Then we plan on going back to the hotel and doing laundry. We'll probably drop by the pool tonight too. DH is a swimmer. I'm not, but I'll get dragged along, I'm sure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: