Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #76
SilverL
My DH thinks he's Tarzan and I'm Jane. Go figure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Good luck on the red eye. We only did it once-we were so tired when we got to our room (Yes, they let us check in early at 7 a.m.!) that we took a 3 hour nap. None of us really slept on the plane.
I NEVER sleep on Red Eyes, but sometimes it works out well for us when we fly east because we're super tired when we should be going to bed local time. If we flew out in the morning, we wouldn't get tired at 9pm EST because we'd feel like it was dinner time. Waking up early still isn't easy, but it's a lot easier for me to drag myself out of bed than to make myself go to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneysRedhead View Post
I am loving the PTR! You and I are very much alike, it's kind of spooky. I too need my life to be filled with spreadsheets, charts and lists! I busted out laughing at the underwear line and when I read it to my fiance he said "Wow that sounds like something you would do." (Making the list, not the forgetting the underwear part )
I know some people who do the list thing kind of like me, but none who do it to the same extent. My entire family has various OC traits. My sister and I, however, are the worst by far. My MIL is like that too, so we get along great, though my DH understands neither of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Chester & Hester's Primeval Whirl!

I'm finding that I'm one of the minority who really love that ride
My mom loves that ride. I think I hate it because the car is wider than the track and I feel like my seat is not directly on the track. I feel like I have nothing beneath me. I'm afraid of heights, and somehow that ride scares me more than Everest.

I need to call my hair stylist soon because I need to get a haircut shortly before we leave. My hair is constantly in limbo between straight and curly and I rarely put up with it. Last time I just threw it in a ponytail everyday, but then I was unhappy with my pictures because I don't like the way I look when my hair is up. I think I'll get it cut short enough that I don't have to pull it up. I bought some anti-humidity products at Walgreens, so hopefully that stuff will have SOME kind of effect, haha.

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m6b514zwo2i71.png[/img]
Read my Pre-Trip Report : DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!"
Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 AM   #77
charming23
DIS Veteran

Love all of your "stolen" Mickey heads. That reminds me I need to go and get some as well.

How do you get a photoshoot planned at AKL it sounds interesting to me?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #78
SilverL

MNSSHP Costumes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming23 View Post
Love all of your "stolen" Mickey heads. That reminds me I need to go and get some as well.

How do you get a photoshoot planned at AKL it sounds interesting to me?
Check out the resort photo session FAQ here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1972651

It's a 20 minute or so photo session around the resort. It costs $75 when you preorder the photopass CD, I think.

My DH has decided to go as Woody for MNSSHP. That will be easy. All he has to do is bring some jeans, his boots, and his hat, and get a yellow shirt. But I am not going as Jessie. That's definitely not my style.

HOWEVER

I just remembered that I had my mom sew me Belle's blue dress for Halloween in 2007. I dragged it out, tried it on, and GUESS WHAT! It still fits.

BAM! Halloween costume dilemma resolved. The apron wasn't wide enough and is now all wrinkly and got candy on it, but my mom offered to make a new one. (I can't sew to save my life.) I can't zip it up all the way in the back by myself, since I'm not a contortionist, but I figure I can find some nice lady in the bathroom to help me.

Let's just hope that it cools down a bit by party time on that day. DH and I will be HOT!

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #79
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

love the belle costume!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #80
DisneysRedhead
Mouseketeer

Awww, that Belle costume is so cute! I've always wanted to make Ariel's dress that she wears in the Kiss the Girl scene. Maybe for a future MNSSHP
Old 08-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #81
SilverL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
love the belle costume!
Thanks! My mom did a good job.

Quote:
Awww, that Belle costume is so cute! I've always wanted to make Ariel's dress that she wears in the Kiss the Girl scene. Maybe for a future MNSSHP
I'm revealing my inner nerd here, (oh well, the act could only go on so long, LOL) but I have always wanted to go as Arwen from Lord of the Rings for Halloween. I was going to have my mom make the dark blue dress with the red sleeves this year, but she is going back to school this fall () and won't have time to do any major sewing.

My new camera should arrive today!

Old 08-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #82
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Love the Belle costume, I'm still trying to find something to wear for MNSSHP. I ordered two costumes from the Disney Outlet and neither one fit, one was too large(Ursula) and the other was too long (Jasmine). I wish I could sew, I would go as Merriweather, my favorite good fairy. Oh well, there's always Wal-mart.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #83
SilverL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
Love the Belle costume, I'm still trying to find something to wear for MNSSHP. I ordered two costumes from the Disney Outlet and neither one fit, one was too large(Ursula) and the other was too long (Jasmine). I wish I could sew, I would go as Merriweather, my favorite good fairy. Oh well, there's always Wal-mart.
That would be so cool if you could go as Merriweather! We have no Walmart here. I live across the street from a cow field.

I have to mention my conversation with DH about costumes.

Maybe you could go as Woody
Yeah! I'd just need to go out and buy a yellow checkered shirt and a red---
Wait, wait, wait, you know what his costume looks like off the top of your head? Instantly? I had to Google it!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #84
SilverL

Shoes & Bags

First of all, shoes:

I'm bringing a pair of very very broken in Keens that I plan to wear most of the time. My backup shoes WERE some old sandals. However, I took a good look at them today. Okay, maybe they're older and dirtier than I thought. I need to toss them. I'm frankly ashamed to have never noticed it before.

I was in the market for some new shoes for college anyway, and so I chanced a peek at Payless' website. I ended up buying these:

for $13! We'll see how they actually feel when I get them. Hopefully they will be a good backup shoe.

Second, bags:

I have two weaknesses: office supplies and bags. So it really comes as no surprise to me that I'm finding issues with the bag I initially purchased.

I originally bought this bag in a less psychedelic print:

Problems with this bag: unhappy about the amount of room in the bag, and not enough organizational helps. I would need a wallet. I don't have a wallet --- I use a big, giant Franklin Covey planner as my wallet. I'm not bringing that. I would have to buy a wallet... fish out a wallet... etc. Not liking that idea. Also, I won't carry my stuff in my lanyard either. Too worried about it falling off.

My mom lent me the one shoulder backpack she brought with her to the parks on our last trip. It does have organizational compartments, but they're right in the front pouch of the backpack. I don't really like one shoulder backpacks, but it does have exactly what I need. However, I still have two problems: I'm paranoid that someone could slip in to my bag and steal my stuff without my knowledge, and I hate the idea of having to take off a backpack any time I want to put something away or take something out.

I ended up buying the Overland Donner bag today in Green, also for $13!:

I especially LOVE the fact that it has room for water bottles on the sides. I could use this at school in the fall as well. The green matches my backpack.

Neither of these were exactly NECESSARY. I could get by without them. But they didn't cost that much, and I can use them after the vacation too. So I consider them worth the $. DH is also happy that I won't be whining about dirty shoes or fluctuating on bags every single day of our vacation.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #85
Gabrielsbigtrip
Mouseketeer

Following you from my PTR

I am gonna try and read up this weekend of everyone else's PTR's

May 2007 ~ WL
May 2008 ~ SSR/CSR
September 2009 ~ POP

My Very 1st Pre Trip Report

Curse YOU indoor plumbing!! ~ Sept 2009 Trip Report ~
Old 08-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #86
SilverL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielsbigtrip View Post
Following you from my PTR

I am gonna try and read up this weekend of everyone else's PTR's
That could be one major feat! I try to keep up with the day to day updates as best I can. It gets to be a lot!

I GOT MY NEW CAMERA!!!

I tore the box open, plugged in the battery for 5 minutes, and then ran off to take some shots on Auto mode. I'm SO pleased. Here are some pics that I took with absolutely no effort.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:21 PM   #87
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

nice photos! Which camera did you get? I'm looking for a camera for my mom!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #88
DisneysRedhead
Mouseketeer

1.) Must know what camera you bought!

2.) OMG PUPPY!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #89
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Pictures look great!! Love your puppy! I think labs are very photogenic... I swear our 2 girls will pose sometimes!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #90
SilverL

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
Pictures look great!! Love your puppy! I think labs are very photogenic... I swear our 2 girls will pose sometimes!
Quote:
1.) Must know what camera you bought!

2.) OMG PUPPY!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly what I bought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e=lite&Local=y

I did get the combo deal (shown below the picture), so it came to about $200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
I wish Jake would pose! I have always had extreme difficulty getting photos of him because he always MOVES! However, this camera captures him clearly even when he's moving. Yeah!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: