Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

I'm Tempting Fate.... a PTR frought with peril and terror!! Updated 9/3!!

Hello there friends, family and lurkers alike!!

Are you suprised to see me here????

I am!!

Why is that, do you ask??? Well, because, I have NOT had the best of luck with PTRs this year I had a solo trip planned in February.... but as luck would have it, a tree fell on my car. The flat car would not have deterred me from my happy place.... BUT then... my DH lost the brakes in his truck and HIT THE SAME STUPID TREE!!!!!

What kind of luck is that???

Mine

Well... two cars out for the count... and guess what.... I STILL did not cancel my solo trip until............

New Years Eve morning, i was driving home from work (it was icy) and happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, when a young gal decided to make little donuts with her car coming down a hill and CRASH!!!

Grandma's car (which i'd been driving since mine was still in the shop) was toast. So strike three.... my solo was OUT!! **boo hoo hoo!!**

But it was OK I still had July..... my 1st trip 'home' me, my DH, and my DS were taking this adventure sans the girls.... it was to be a great time including a visit to Vero beach, and KSC! but... as these things go... it too had to be cancelled Not because of a catastrophe this time.... but because of a good thing!! I got a new, much better job! but unfortunately...no vacay time til fall... Sooooo DS got a new computer instead and there was much rejoicing (from him at least) But...no trip to my happy place.

OK so after all that, I'm now convinced that PTRs are BAD LUCK

But here I am... tempting fate... writing another one

What will befall us??? who knows?? but I'm sure it'll be entertaining at least!! I hope you come along for the ride, no matter how rocky it may be!

Paula

If you want to bypass the chatter.... follow the links... they're like a yellow brick road, that leads to a mouse...instead of a wizard!!

A Trip??? What Trip??
I'm Leaving...on a Jet Plane!!
Where to Stay??? Where to Stay??
The beginnings of an ADR plan!!
Quick update! Park and Fly and owner's locker!
Double digit and TRIPLE DIGIT dancing!!
It's ADR Eve!!!
Jenjolt ROCKS!!!
What to do?What to do???

Last edited by ILuvCrush; 09-03-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Am I first?

You sure are tempting fate my friend!! Hoping this one finds no blocks in the road, just lots of planning fun!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

yes you are!!! you get a prize!! PM me your addy...

I do not guarantee that it's a GOOD prize however.. LOL!! you may NOT want something from unlucky me in your home.....

See what I mean about terror at every turn
Old 06-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

WOO HOO! I am glad you are going to overcome your PTR curse because this trip WILL NOT BE CANCELED.

Yayayayaya!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm in. I hope everything works out for you this time around!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Bah. No such thing as a PTR curse. At least I hope not! Looking forward to planning with you!

Old 06-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #7
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
WOO HOO! I am glad you are going to overcome your PTR curse because this trip WILL NOT BE CANCELED.

Yayayayaya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I'm in. I hope everything works out for you this time around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Bah. No such thing as a PTR curse. At least I hope not! Looking forward to planning with you!

So glad you are all here!! this may..or may not... be the PTR you are expecting though I have more than 1 ticker a-ticking......

DUM DUM DUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
So glad you are all here!! this may..or may not... be the PTR you are expecting though I have more than 1 ticker a-ticking......

DUM DUM DUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!
I was going to ask which trip we were planning for! So nice to have a few from which to choose!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

A Trip???? What Trip????

Well I think I'll start off with some particulars... AND why I decided to tempt fate and get this shin-dig rolling.

Let's begin...at the beginning, shall we?? I've always found it a swell place to start

hmmm how about the WHO???

Who #1 ME!! Paula/Mom/Aunt P ....I'll be known by several monikers on this vacation! It's my ...I dunno...7-8th?? trip to the World. I love Mickey and Disney in general. Nowhere makes me as happy as my favorite little part of the world...th World! I'm a planner... with a capital P! I am fortunate to take only minions along on these trips that are content to let me lead them all around (that would be why my DH stays home...he refuses to let me boss him around...at WDW or anywhere else)

Who #2 My Mom!!! Mom/Nanna..... my mom went with us last year and we had a great time. She makes me a little nuts... but hey, that's a mom's perogative!! She's always game to try anything.... but not necessarily more than once. After last year, she swore off ever going near ToT again. I've never seen her move so fast as she did getting off there to get to fresh air...before she passed out

Who #3 my DD (10) Ellie/Noelle... good kid, bit of a drama queen...but who isn't at that age She LOVES WDW and all things Disney. big fan of thrill rides of any kind but at the same time, won't pass up a charater greeting!! She will turn 11 in September before our trip

Who #4 my other DD(8) Allison... mama's girl. very easy going and willing to try everything. IASW ranks as high as EE in her book! She'd be very content to go to WDW every other month if possible... and if it didn't interfere with her gymnastics

Who #5 My nephew Warren(14).... he is not too sure about this trip... he alternates between thinking he's too old for this 'kiddie stuff' to being giddy and asking if he can have an autograph book I'm not sure how it'll go with him, but he and Ellie get along famously... so they should have fun Warren will be 15 in August before our trip. It is his first trip to WDW.

and last...but certainally NOT least.....

Who #6 my other nephew Wyatt (9).... Warren's younger brother. He'll turn 10 in September before our trip. He was brokenhearted when he thought he wouldn't make this trip (it started as a trip with my bro and DSil and the boys, but my Brother and Sil backed out) so mom and i decided one way or another we were getting the boy there!!! He is a live wire... not unheard of for him to climb in the pig pen and 'play' with the pigs So I'm sure he will really make this trip interesting! He's a bit nervous about heights, but aside from that, is excited to try all that WDW has to offer

Okey Dokey....so that's the who

When: November 7-15, 2009 so no this will not be a drawn out 18 month PTR!

Where: we will get to that later....

Why: mom and i wanted a repeat of our girls trip from last year since we had so much fun! then we decided to invite along my Bro and the boys since none of them have never been there.

Why risk a PTR when there is sooooo much at stake??? because I NEED PLANNING MOTIVATION!!!! I am taking a DIS-girlfriends trip in September and it's putting my planning for this BIG family trip on the backburner I need to fix that! especially since it needs to be near-perfect, since it could be the only trip my nephews get

OK enough info overload for one day!! I'll update about resort planning in another chapter...on another day!!

Paula
Old 06-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #10
kschafer
DIS Veteran

wow P, I didn't realize your bro and SIL had backed out but I love that you and your mom are going to take the boys anyway! I have a guess but I can't wait to hear where you are staying.

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
wow P, I didn't realize your bro and SIL had backed out but I love that you and your mom are going to take the boys anyway! I have a guess but I can't wait to hear where you are staying.
They backed out on us about 2 months ago.... we've been 'arguing' with them since to let us take the boys. They didn't want to spend the $$ and don't want us to either We finally told them too bad We were taking them if they wanted to go and that's that!!

Warren finally got 'off the pot' and committed to coming about 2 weeks ago...thank goodness, cause the airfare will be coming up available any day now!!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #12
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm here I'm here YAY!! Can't wait to read more about your trip!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #13
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

How fun to go with two first-timers-- extra magical! And your mom is adorable with Capt Jack. I think I'm going to have to make it a point to seek him out this year.

Can't wait to find out where you're staying. Don't tease us for too long.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: