Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #46
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy
 
BellaSoleil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,503

Subbing. Can't wait to read all about it.
__________________
+ + + + = and





Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
BellaSoleil is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #47
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran
 
Dancegrl624's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 4,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I miss them, too! I was in 42nd Street my sophomore year, Oklahoma! my junior year, and had the lead (Marion) in The Music Man my senior year. I didn't know you had a PTR! I will have to check out your pics!
Oh my gosh, we did some of the same musicals! I was a featured dancer my freshman year in "The Music Man." I was a Shark (Puerto Rican) girl in "West Side Story" my sophmore year. We did "42nd Street" my junior year and I was Lorraine Flemming (one of the lead dancers; I had 11 lines!). That was my FAV musical of all time! Plus, the adult tap class I'm in this year is dancing to the song "42nd Street." The, we did "Grease" my senior year and I was Cha-Cha DeGregorio.
__________________
Me- Meghan (32), DH-Tony (30), DD-Madison (11), DS-Cole (3)



Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-05-2009, 10:09 AM   #48
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran
 
mousescrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL
Posts: 4,587

Hi!

Hi Becky....


Glad you found some time to get started....


sorry about your friend, glad you can be a comfort to her and good luck w/ VBS...what fun! I have taught that 2 times at our church too, so I know how much work it can be!


I love the begiining of the report...and your title is priceless...I am so sorry it was wet, wet, wet down there....hope it didn't spoil too many plans.

YIKES on the airport delays....I would have totally been freaking out, glad you got on the plan safe and sound and were on your way.

That DME line was huge...and I remember the squirmy toddler on that bus too...Margaret was better this March at 28 mo, but last June at 18 mo wasn't fun!

Great Welcome sign picture and love all the first views of the POLY, brought me chills and great memories of our stay last yr. you got your request and your room was ready...nice pool view too.

Don't you just love the rooms...so big and spacious! The girls look like they are loving it too and what a sweet surprise from your TA!

Oh BTW...the castle pic of your family is so wonderful!

Looks like you guys had a wonderful 1st day w/ alittle shopping at DTD and I love the pic of Ally by the Cinderella Statue...too cute!

Fireworks from the beach, dismeet and the EWP...what a great first night at Disney....you look fine...no great in those pictures!

Question...are you sporting a Vera Bradley Hipster bag?

what did you think for trip usuage and effectiveness? I have a VB backsack and am thinking of getting a hipster just to have but moatly for next yrs Diz trip. let me know.

thanks and looking forward to more.
mousescrapper is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #49
MagicShell
DIS Veteran
 
MagicShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Mississippi
Posts: 1,504

I saw a post from you on another report and loved your picture in your signature line, so I clicked on your report. Ally looks like she enjoys getting her picture made, and she is so cute. (So is Claire) I live about 30 minutes from Memphis in North MS.

I know what you mean about people saying that your child won't remember the trip. So what? I will. DW memories are some of the best memories I have of my kids. And, like you said, we have been more than once and I hope to continue to go. Some people think DW is a one time trip. They just don't get it I guess.
__________________
1996 Dixie Landings, 2000 All-Star Movies, 2004 Off-Site
2006 Off-Site, Dec. 2008 Pop Century


Me DH DD DS
MagicShell is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #50
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Very close! The Gaither's are really from Alexandria, which is just a little north of Anderson. Alexandria is a small town, so they my say they are from Anderson. I pass the Gaither studios everyday on my way to school!
Oh--ok!! How cool! We went to a Gaither Vocal Band concert a few months back and it was INCREDIBLE!!! I have pics on my PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizet313 View Post
Beautiful Pics.
Thank you Lizet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Dang girl! This thing moves fast! Your travel day sounds very nice - especially since you made it on the plane in time -AHHHH!!!

It's funny reading reports from the same time - I read and then try to figure out where we were at the same time (since we were at the Poly all day on Saturday). We probably just missed seeing you in the lobby because we ate at Kona at 12:30 that day for lunch and then Shawn was in the quiet pool that afternoon. Too funny!

Your room looks fabulous and it really makes me miss the Poly so badly! (I have to pull up Tikiman's site every once in a while even though I don't have a trip in the works,and listen to the music....).

It was great meeting up with you on the beach that night! The girls were so excited, and it made me miss my kids even more....(that last day was the day I missed them the most). I can't wait to bring them back down there and (hopefully) get to stay at the Poly again!

Great updates...looking foward to more!

Sara
Yeah--you would have heard us in the lobby if you were there the same time! Claire was sooo loud!!

I know!! I'm missing the Poly, too!! We'll just have to go back. We never had a chance to swim in either of the pools due to the rain.

It was great meeting you, too!! That was a lot of fun!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #51
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran
 
princess&her4princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 4,034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I've stayed at the CR before and the rooms were very much like the Poly (different decor of course). The couch was pretty much like a day bed (it didn't pull out). The only reason I remember this was because my sisters and I were fighting over it and I eventually won!
Thanks Meghan!!
princess&her4princes is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #52
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran
 
princess&her4princes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 4,034

Becky,
I just saw Ally's dance pics! They are SO CUTE!!! I took Ballet for 11 years and just loved it..sadly, no dance going on here...with three little boys...oh well, maybe I'll have granddaughters someday and trust me, I'm not rushing that at all!! I can wait! In the meantime, I'll just live vicariously through you!! LOL!!
princess&her4princes is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #53
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaSoleil View Post
Subbing. Can't wait to read all about it.
Hi and welcome Soleil!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Oh my gosh, we did some of the same musicals! I was a featured dancer my freshman year in "The Music Man." I was a Shark (Puerto Rican) girl in "West Side Story" my sophmore year. We did "42nd Street" my junior year and I was Lorraine Flemming (one of the lead dancers; I had 11 lines!). That was my FAV musical of all time! Plus, the adult tap class I'm in this year is dancing to the song "42nd Street." The, we did "Grease" my senior year and I was Cha-Cha DeGregorio.
Yes, I LOVED 42nd Street!! I was Phyllis Dale and I just loved all of the tap dancing! My high school did Grease the year after I graduated. I went back to see it because my brother was in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi Becky....


Glad you found some time to get started....


sorry about your friend, glad you can be a comfort to her and good luck w/ VBS...what fun! I have taught that 2 times at our church too, so I know how much work it can be!


I love the begiining of the report...and your title is priceless...I am so sorry it was wet, wet, wet down there....hope it didn't spoil too many plans.

YIKES on the airport delays....I would have totally been freaking out, glad you got on the plan safe and sound and were on your way.

That DME line was huge...and I remember the squirmy toddler on that bus too...Margaret was better this March at 28 mo, but last June at 18 mo wasn't fun!

Great Welcome sign picture and love all the first views of the POLY, brought me chills and great memories of our stay last yr. you got your request and your room was ready...nice pool view too.

Don't you just love the rooms...so big and spacious! The girls look like they are loving it too and what a sweet surprise from your TA!

Oh BTW...the castle pic of your family is so wonderful!

Looks like you guys had a wonderful 1st day w/ alittle shopping at DTD and I love the pic of Ally by the Cinderella Statue...too cute!

Fireworks from the beach, dismeet and the EWP...what a great first night at Disney....you look fine...no great in those pictures!

Question...are you sporting a Vera Bradley Hipster bag?

what did you think for trip usuage and effectiveness? I have a VB backsack and am thinking of getting a hipster just to have but moatly for next yrs Diz trip. let me know.

thanks and looking forward to more.
Hi!! I'm so glad you made it over!! Thank you for all of your kind words! Yes, I am sporting a VB Hipster!! It was wonderful! Just enough room for what I needed plus it let me be hands-free! Everything was easily accessible! I didn't want to bring my backpack b/c I knew it would make my back sweat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I saw a post from you on another report and loved your picture in your signature line, so I clicked on your report. Ally looks like she enjoys getting her picture made, and she is so cute. (So is Claire) I live about 30 minutes from Memphis in North MS.

I know what you mean about people saying that your child won't remember the trip. So what? I will. DW memories are some of the best memories I have of my kids. And, like you said, we have been more than once and I hope to continue to go. Some people think DW is a one time trip. They just don't get it I guess.
Hi and welcome!! You live very close to us!! Do you live in Olive Branch? Southaven?

Exactly! And we have pictures she can look back on. LOTS of people think Disney is a 1 time trip--my parents did unfortunately. I would LOVE to go back next year and I think my friends think I'm crazy!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #54
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Becky,
I just saw Ally's dance pics! They are SO CUTE!!! I took Ballet for 11 years and just loved it..sadly, no dance going on here...with three little boys...oh well, maybe I'll have granddaughters someday and trust me, I'm not rushing that at all!! I can wait! In the meantime, I'll just live vicariously through you!! LOL!!
You crack me up Kristen!! Thank you!! Ally LOVES dance!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #55
MagicShell
DIS Veteran
 
MagicShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Mississippi
Posts: 1,504

I actually live in Independence. And, I would go to Disney World every year if I could afford to.
__________________
1996 Dixie Landings, 2000 All-Star Movies, 2004 Off-Site
2006 Off-Site, Dec. 2008 Pop Century


Me DH DD DS
MagicShell is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #56
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran
 
ladybugmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I actually live in Independence. And, I would go to Disney World every year if I could afford to.
Oh--ok!! Cool! Yes, I would LOVE to go every year!!
ladybugmom is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #57
DWGal210
DIS Veteran
 
DWGal210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,235

Wow, Ms Becky you move fast!! 4 pages before I even noticed you had started! Great start so far - the pictures of the kids are darling - and what fun to have a Dis meet too! Good time!!

Looking forward to reading more! Take care!
Katie
__________________




DWGal210 is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #58
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Aw, your girls are adorable!

How did you keep them busy on the plane ride?

Yay for getting a front row seat on the bus!

I love arriving at the Resort. The Poly is beautiful, isn't it?! That's so great you got the building you wanted!

So cool you had a DIS meet!

The girls look so precious sleeping!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #59
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran
 
WillowBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 671.54 miles from the TTC
Posts: 791

Stopping by to read about your trip. I live in TN as well. We live in middle TN, about an hour South of Nashville.
WillowBelle is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #60
thmar
DIS Veteran
 
thmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nevada
Posts: 5,594

You have a beautiful family. I love the hair ribbons...do you sell on ebay?? Also the outfits are so cute on the girls...does she sell on ebay? What travel agency do you go through? Sorry about all the questions...if you answered these aready I must have miss it somehow. The Poly looks wonderful...reminds me of Hawaii (another place I love to go to). Looking forward to more...
__________________
"Happiness is a state of mind..." Walt Disney


"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney


God Bless...

thmar

Last edited by thmar; 06-05-2009 at 06:44 PM.
thmar is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oct 3, 2009 Wester Carribean Tiggerfan14 Disney Cruise Meets 3221 09-03-2010 02:05 AM
The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (APR 2009) CanadianGuy Disney Resorts 3393 02-15-2010 09:05 AM
Recreating Memories- Surprise Mother & daughter trip princess&her4princes Pre-Trip Reports and Plans 739 10-28-2009 08:07 PM
"Mommy, When Will It Be Our Turn?!"--May 16-23, 2009 PTR ladybugmom Completed Trip Reports 645 06-22-2009 03:53 PM
Back from a fabulous trip - myself and DD 3 dixonsontour Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board 15 06-07-2009 03:45 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: