Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #31
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Thank you Meghan!! Do you teach dance? Ally's recital is June 13th. This is her 3rd year taking dance. She LOVES it!!
I teach ballet and lyrical. I've been dancing since I was 5 years old and ballet is my passion. I'm also on a professional dance team. My DD took ballet for 3 years and this past summer, she switched over to Irish dancing. Her first real competition is this Saturday! Also, my dance recital is tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon. So, we have a very full weekend of dance ahead of us!

Ally really does look like she enjoys dancing! I think that dance is one of the best things a child can do. It teaches discipline, artistry and FUN!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #32
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I teach ballet and lyrical. I've been dancing since I was 5 years old and ballet is my passion. I'm also on a professional dance team. My DD took ballet for 3 years and this past summer, she switched over to Irish dancing. Her first real competition is this Saturday! Also, my dance recital is tomorrow night and Sunday afternoon. So, we have a very full weekend of dance ahead of us!

Ally really does look like she enjoys dancing! I think that dance is one of the best things a child can do. It teaches discipline, artistry and FUN!
That's great!! I took tap, ballet, and jazz growing up. I was also in show choir and many theater productions in high school--it was a lot of fun!! So I was really glad when Ally showed interest and she just loves dancing! Claire will start in August! She's a hoot--she dances in the waiting area at the studio while Ally is in class!!

Well, it sounds like you have a busy weekend!! Enjoy yourself and I hope all goes well!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #33
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's great!! I took tap, ballet, and jazz growing up. I was also in show choir and many theater productions in high school--it was a lot of fun!! So I was really glad when Ally showed interest and she just loves dancing! Claire will start in August! She's a hoot--she dances in the waiting area at the studio while Ally is in class!!

Well, it sounds like you have a busy weekend!! Enjoy yourself and I hope all goes well!!
I was in chorus all throughout middle school and high school. I also performed in show choir and was in all the musicals in high school. I really miss those big productions we used to do. They were so much fun. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I love dance recitals! I'm going to post pictures over on my PTR early next week.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #34
Stephanie VanMeter
Mouseketeer

I have been waiting for you trip report. I read all of your PTR before you left and I thought about your family the whole time it rained. I am glad you all had a great time despite the rain. Your have a lovely family. We leave on Saturday and I am starting to get excited. I am trying to pack some tonight since I have PD tomorrow at school. Great report, I can't wait to read more!!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:28 PM   #35
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Ally looks so cute in her dance costumes! Hannah had the same ballet costume this year!

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 06-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #36
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I was in chorus all throughout middle school and high school. I also performed in show choir and was in all the musicals in high school. I really miss those big productions we used to do. They were so much fun. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I love dance recitals! I'm going to post pictures over on my PTR early next week.
I miss them, too! I was in 42nd Street my sophomore year, Oklahoma! my junior year, and had the lead (Marion) in The Music Man my senior year. I didn't know you had a PTR! I will have to check out your pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie VanMeter View Post
I have been waiting for you trip report. I read all of your PTR before you left and I thought about your family the whole time it rained. I am glad you all had a great time despite the rain. Your have a lovely family. We leave on Saturday and I am starting to get excited. I am trying to pack some tonight since I have PD tomorrow at school. Great report, I can't wait to read more!!
Hi Stephanie!! Thank you! How exciting!! I bet you can't wait!! Where in Kentucky do you live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Ally looks so cute in her dance costumes! Hannah had the same ballet costume this year!
Thank you Janell! How funny! What a small world! Where in Indiana do you live? Brent is up in Columbus, IN ALL THE TIME for work!!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #37
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

I'm here and your already done with your arrival day. Your room and view are really nice. We stayed in Samoa in 2007 and in 2006 since we like to be right by the volcano pool.. Tokelau is also a good location It was great to meet you guys . Claire and Ally are are so precious and I love all the matching clothes too. Looking forward to reading about your first park day.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #38
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
I'm here and your already done with your arrival day. Your room and view are really nice. We stayed in Samoa in 2007 and in 2006 since we like to be right by the volcano pool.. Tokelau is also a good location It was great to meet you guys . Claire and Ally are are so precious and I love all the matching clothes too. Looking forward to reading about your first park day.
Glad you're here Nichole!! Tokelau was a great location--it was close to everything! I wish we had gotten to actually swim in the quiet pool and/or the volcano pool--but with all of the rain, it just didn't happen. It was great meeting you and your family, too!! I'm glad we were able to meetup!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:23 PM   #39
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Where in Indiana do you live? Brent is up in Columbus, IN ALL THE TIME for work!!
We live in Anderson. It is NE of Indianapolis.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #40
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
We live in Anderson. It is NE of Indianapolis.
I know where Anderson is! Isn't that where all the Gaither stuff is? We're big Gaither Vocal Band fans!!
Old 06-04-2009, 09:48 PM   #41
Jeanine3kids
Mouseketeer

Great trip report I am on board
Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #42
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanine3kids View Post
Great trip report I am on board
Thank you and welcome to my TR!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #43
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know where Anderson is! Isn't that where all the Gaither stuff is? We're big Gaither Vocal Band fans!!
Very close! The Gaither's are really from Alexandria, which is just a little north of Anderson. Alexandria is a small town, so they my say they are from Anderson. I pass the Gaither studios everyday on my way to school!

Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #44
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

Beautiful Pics.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #45
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Dang girl! This thing moves fast! Your travel day sounds very nice - especially since you made it on the plane in time -AHHHH!!!

It's funny reading reports from the same time - I read and then try to figure out where we were at the same time (since we were at the Poly all day on Saturday). We probably just missed seeing you in the lobby because we ate at Kona at 12:30 that day for lunch and then Shawn was in the quiet pool that afternoon. Too funny!

Your room looks fabulous and it really makes me miss the Poly so badly! (I have to pull up Tikiman's site every once in a while even though I don't have a trip in the works,and listen to the music....).

It was great meeting up with you on the beach that night! The girls were so excited, and it made me miss my kids even more....(that last day was the day I missed them the most). I can't wait to bring them back down there and (hopefully) get to stay at the Poly again!

Great updates...looking foward to more!

Sara

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: