Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #151
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody!! Sooo sorry I haven't posted in awhile! I hope I haven't lost all of you! Thanks for hanging in there! We've had a super-busy couple of weeks. Ally had swimming lessons the last 2 weeks and loved every minute of it!!

I had been frantically working on my Photopass Photobook until it stopped me at 60 pages!!!! I triple-checked the info on the website in the photobook description--it said I could do up to 80 pages and I had 2 more days of vacation to go. I had planned accordingly and weeded down my 3,000 pics (planned 10 pages per day we were there-and that was even difficult). It had taken me DAYS to work on this book! Uggh! So Photobook got a LONG e-mail from me and I got a form letter type e-mail back. Double Uggh! So I called them and ended up talking to the lady who had e-mailed me--she was not so nice and talked down to me. I insisted that it said 80 pages and she had me walk her through where to find it (she did NOT believe me and it was very obvious). So once that info did indeed pop up for her she was not at all apologetic! She said, "Oh yeah--it does say that--doesn't it?!" Ummm--yeah! I told her I wasn't crazy! And she said, "I'll have to let my IT team know but there is nothing I can do for you." No sorry--nothing! By that point I was so angry I was shaking! All of this hard work for nothing! But I get really quiet when I get angry and usually don't know what to say. I did ask her about my pics that were expiring on June 27th--that there was no way now that I could complete my book in time--she said she could extend my pic deadline by 10 days. And that was it! What horrible customer service--make the customer feel stupid and low-life! Ugggh!! So after I calmed down, I researched other options and decided to just cancel my Photobook that I had pre-ordered and go with Shutterfly. I want to create a book that I'm happy with--you know?! With Shutterfly I won't get the cute Disney backgrounds but I can have up to 100 pages with as many pics on a page as I want! Oh--and so I e-mailed Photopass to let them know I wanted a refund and I am getting one (not sure how that works--haven't seen a refund to my bank account yet and I got the e-mail from them on the 25th). I did order my Photocd though and I'm looking forward to receiving it! I ended up with 1,008 pics!!

Last night we just got back from celebrating our 10th anniversary! Brent took me to Nashville and we dropped the girls off with my parents on the way on Friday. Brent told me nothing about what he had planned--he wanted everything to be a surprise!! We got to the Hutton Hotel and checked in! I was BLOWN away at how nice this place was! I had never stayed anywhere this nice before! I felt like I didn't belong but got used to it pretty quickly. We had dinner reservations for Ruth's Chris and it was FABULOUS (we eat here every year on our anniversary). The next day we got up and had lunch at the hotel and then went to see Legally Blonde The Musical!!! The show was hilarious and we enjoyed it very much! That night we had dinner at Amerigo's--yummy italian food!! The next morning we checked out and went shopping for most of the day and then headed home to pick up the girls. The weekend was absolutely WONDERFUL!!

I promise I'll be having a TR update as soon as I can get it done! Claire is waking up from her nap. . . Coming up--Day 3--first day at Magic Kingdom, BBB, and CRT, etc!!

Last edited by ladybugmom; 06-29-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #152
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi Becky,
Glad you had a great Anniversary weekend. Don't worry about being busy well wait for your updates. I haven't updated in a while either. Seems like there is still no spare time even though it's summer.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 PM   #153
pmama
DIS Veteran

Shutterfly looks like a good option. I may have to look into that.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 PM   #154
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Glad you had fun on your anniversary, that stinks about the photobook, good to know it advance, since I frequently use shutterfly already.
Can't wait to see the update
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #155
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Hi Becky! Don't worry too much. My updates have been very slow. Happy Anniverary!!! We love Ruth Chris Steakhouse. It's one of your favorites also. Our 10 year anniversary is next weekend and we are heading down to Nashville also. Joe mentioned maybe trying the Stockyard this year. We'll see. Glad you had a nice weekend. Can't wait for the next update.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 06-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #156
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

hi--I'm late to the party but am very impressed so far with your family and all that you guys have gotten done so far, even with the rain
your anniversary weekend sounded wonderful
Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 PM   #157
ThePin Princess
disney princess

i cant wait to hear about day 3!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #158
scrdofbugs
Mouseketeer

I am loving your trip report and your girls are adorable. BTW, I live in the Memphis area too (Millington). Small world!!
Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
Oct 2012 - Universal-Royal Pacific Resort/Disney-Port Orleans Riverside
May 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort
May 2010 - Contemporary/Port Orleans-French Qrt
Sept 2009 - Polynesian
Nov 2008 - Contemporary/Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sept 2007 - Polynesian
April 2006 - Coronado Springs Resort

Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #159
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Day 3: Magic Kingdom

Today we woke up super-early in order to make it to MK for an 8:00 a.m. BBB appointment. Ally's invite to the BBB:

And the girl's invite to CRT

We were so excited about our first day at MK that we ended up getting to the gates by 7:15 a.m.!!

Ally got a kick out of having her very own ticket and being able to put it in the turnstile to enter the parks

As we waited to enter MK the girls were given some Mickey confetti

A little after 7:30 a.m. the CMs did a special countdown for those of us entering the park early. Everyone threw their confetti in the air as they dropped the rope for us to enter. (the girls LOVED this)

It was such a magical and overwhelming experience walking down Main Street and the park being pretty much empty! We took it all in and made sure to get lots of pics while no one was around. We had some Photopass pics made and I took some as well.

We explored some of the castle before we made our way to the BBB.

The girls enjoyed seeing all of the "pictures" on the wall inside the castle

Then we headed into the BBB and were some of the first to arrive.

It was absolutely BREATHTAKING inside of the castle!

Then Princess Ally was called back and welcomed by her Fairy Godmother-in-training, Moncy. Ally chose her hairstyle, tiara, and nail polish and the magic began!!

Brent & Claire watching

continued in next post . . .
Old 06-29-2009, 11:46 PM   #160
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

day 3 continued. . .

Claire & me (can you spot the "hidden" Mickeys?)

Ally enjoying her BBB experience

Claire cheesin' for the camera

Moncy spraying the "plaster" on Ally's hair

Ally showing off her nails

Moncy was WONDERFUL!! She took sooo much time with Ally making sure her hair was centered and sitting on her head just right.

pixie dust (I'm STILL finding this is the girl's hair)

And the reveal!

my beautiful princess

Claire was not left out--pixie dust for Claire!!

checking out the dresses while Daddy pays

The experience at the BBB was excellent and we will definitely be doing it again!! Plus it was VERY worth the $ (Ally received the middle package that included hair, make-up, and nails). Since it rained everyday, I ended up keeping Ally's hair like this for the rest of our trip. And I'm telling you IT DID NOT MOVE!! I'm not sure what they put on Ally's hair but it was super stiff. It worked very well b/c Ally has super curly hair which would have been a frizzy mess in all of the rain!

After we left the BBB we headed back out to the front of the castle for more photopass photo ops. (I will share these when I get my cd) Here is one pic I took:

Then we headed to the Exposition Hall and had a photo shoot with the Photopass photograper in the BBB studio. The pictures turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I will share those when I get them. He even took some of Ally & Claire together--so sweet!! I was very pleased with the pics!

After the photo shoot we headed back out to Main Street and we could hear the opening show--the park was about to open so I quickly took some pics of Ally.

Our plan was to head to Fantasyland and ride Dumbo first thing before it got crowded. But who will we end up running into before we get to Dumbo?!?!?! Will we get to ride Dumbo?!?!

Last edited by ladybugmom; 06-30-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #161
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

What a great experience for Ally. So cute. I have two boys so will never get to experience BBB, but they now have a pirates one for boys, so we might do that.

Can't wait to see what happens next
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 06-30-2009, 07:17 AM   #162
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

How fun for Ally!!! She is so adorable with her princess make-over!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #163
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

so darling... and how fun is it to be at MK before the park opens. I am sure your photopass pics are amazing!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 AM   #164
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Ally came out so beautiful!! Both girls are adorable in their princess dresses. I love the castle pics w/ the empty park. I really like the one of Ally outside the castle after the makeover.

Can't wait to hear who ya'll run into...
Old 06-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #165
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Aww...that sounds like a fantastic experience at BBB for Ally. Every little girl deserves to be treated like a princess! She looks beautiful!

Amazing pics of an empty MK! Woo-Hoo!

So sorry about your photobook experience. What a shame that you got such poor customer service. I'm debating doing a digital book for this trip as well...haven't decided yet! I hope you are happy with your book from Shutterfly.

The pic of Claire "cheesin" for the camera is adorable!

Can't wait to hear more!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: