Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #136
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on going back next year. We usually go in early Dec, but I home school. My parents have been near the end of May and thought that was a good time to go. I don't think I could handle the hot part of the summer. But, if that was the only time I could go I would find a way to deal with it.

Me DH DD DS
Old 06-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #137
L*hd
Earning My Ears

wow.. those are great news.....

hoping my DH will say the same after our trip next fall.

You were asking me about my children ages...
Hannah ( 5 ) Jan 19 and Diego ( 20 months ) Oct 15

Don't worry about missing some days from school..... ;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #138
kstatefamily
Mouseketeer

We were the "bad" parents last year and took ourdaughter out of kindergartenout for a week in December. She didn't miss a thing at school and we had no wait times all week. We had the best time. We thought that the VMMCP was too crowded. We won't do that again. have fun planning.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #139
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

WOO HOO! Another trip! Sweet!

Well, here is my 2 cents as far as your dates are concerned; I would say if you're OK with pulling Ally out of school, how about say late April? The weather would be nice and then you'll be in between most of the spring break people and the end of school travelers.

But I also vote for Christmas time...as I'm sure you know we're going this Christmas and it's WONDERFUL! Yes, it's crowded but to me, nothing beats seeing the World all decked out for the holidays!

Sounds like you have a busy week - take care!
Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #140
bhwhiz
Mouseketeer

Make sure you don't plan your trip next year during football season! Roll Tide!!

'89 - Offsite
'92 - Offsite
'94 - Offsite
'00 - All Star Music
'09 - Pop Century
Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #141
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

Hi!
I am loving you tr your daughters are adorable!
Also you take amazing pictures!
About when you should go next year me and my family always go in April or May the flower and garden festival is just beautiful! Plus tons of picture taking opportunities!

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 06-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #142
*Seanaci*
DIS-obsessed and proud!

Yay for the hubby saying he wants to go again next year. :D

Personally, I would go over Christmas Break...weather is nice and mild, christmas decorations are up...just gorgeous! Sure, a bit crowded, but when you're at Disney who cares, ya know?

Me(34), DH(43), DS(6), DM(56), DG(61)
Old 06-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #143
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Hi girlfriend! Just got caught up again. It's been super crazy.

We went this year on those dates (although ours was the week of Mem. Day--super crowded --at least we felt like it was--compared to our trips in the past)

We've already decided to go back the week before Memorial Day next year which is the 22nd-29th since that will be after school gets out and before the big crowds. We were thinking of checking out free dining but both girls will be in school in 2010 so that wouldn't be near as easy to work out. As Lindsey gets older it is getting more difficult to plan during school - seems like they are testing for something all the time. Maybe we'll see ya again next year!!!
GREAT NEWS!!! seems this year was a winner for return trips for all!!!

the poly looked great; but, I'm into this new thought I want to try them all what other resort do you think ya'll may like. The Grand Floridian looks like a great place to take little girls--it looks so victorian.
Good Luck! with your search and decision
Old 06-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #144
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Ok, officially signing in now.
Can't wait to read more.
I don't know that spring break is more or less crowded, but we are planning the beginning of March as my husband has a winter break on top of the spring break, so we are going that week. I heard March weather is very nice.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 06-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #145
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Ok, officially signing in now.
Can't wait to read more.
I don't know that spring break is more or less crowded, but we are planning the beginning of March as my husband has a winter break on top of the spring break, so we are going that week. I heard March weather is very nice.
Hi Jessica!!! Thanks for joining in! I'm so glad that you found my TR--especially since you live sooo close!

Ladies--be patient with me! This has been a BUSY week and I'm frantically trying to put together my Photopass photobook before my pictures expire! Hang in there--I will be updating soon! I promise!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #146
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Hi Becky...

Take your time getting back to us and your TR...we'll be here!

I know the feeling, my TR is dragging out...w/ my busy schedule...I'm about to start Day 5) of 8 and we went the end of March...

Can't wait to see your photo book....please post pic's after you get it!

Wonderful news about the pre-planning of another trip next yr!

I wouldn't over worry the school thing too much either...K is easy to pull from, it get's harder as they get older.

I like the advice of planning around school vacations and such and maybe just pulling for a day or two. That is what we plan for our trip next year November. but when my twins (now incoming 5th) were in K, we pulled them out for a week to spend their 6th b-day there in May.

I loved the Poly too...but I also think it is fun to experience other resorts too.

Can't wait to see what you decide and plan, plus the end of this trip.

PS just a TR tip....in your title (from your original post) when you post new posts to the TR...if you add New and the date....it can help us know when you've updated better....JAT.

J-
Old 06-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #147
BrickyPool
Earning My Ears

sounds awesome .. have fun next year !
Old 06-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #148
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

No worries, Becky....we'll be here when you get back!

Hope this week is a better one for ya!

Katie
Old 06-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #149
thmar
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to let everyone know that I purchased some of the bows that ladybugmom makes...they are even cuter than the pictures!! You have to check them out!! Thanks, ladybugmom!!

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

God Bless...

thmar
Old 06-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #150
tmkinney
DIS Veteran

Subscribing...
You have a beautiful family!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: