Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
CLEVERGIRL
Mouseketeer

Just got back. Had a Blast

If you haven't been around this time of year you should go. It seems so much more magical all decorated for Christmas. I don't know if anyone caught my post after our February trip, but we had a few issues involving racism. I'm not gonna go into that and rehash the past because this trip was a complete success! No problems whatsoever. My family and I had so much fun! We were there from 11/27 to 12/2 and we found the parks busy but not overcrowded and by Sunday it was pleasant. Crowds were not an issue. We saw Devine and that talking trash can! My kids also rode all the major rides at least twice and some 3 or 4 times! Awesome trip at a wonderful time of year! I would recommend this time period to anyone! I think we will plan again for this time next year, but I think I will wait and let my husband in on the plan after Christmas.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
CapJack
CapnJack1969

Glad you had a great time. Sorry to hear about the racism on your last trip I hate that there are still people like that around. Did you do MVMCP? We go next week. What would you say are the do not miss things as far as Christmas decorations?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
dalstitch45
DIS Veteran

I am here now. I agree the parks are pleasantly uncrowded. I go at this time all the time. There are less people here this year even with all the discounts, and free enticements.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
CLEVERGIRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapJack View Post
Glad you had a great time. Sorry to hear about the racism on your last trip I hate that there are still people like that around. Did you do MVMCP? We go next week. What would you say are the do not miss things as far as Christmas decorations?

We didn't do MVMCP so I can't comment on that. Sorry. I think that the must see decorations are: Of course the castle lighting, Christmas around the world at Epcot, and my personal favorite was the Christmas tree at the Animal Kingdom.

DH went to see all the different resort decorations and said they were all really beautiful. They are still decorating I think as the tree at the Magic Kingdom was not up yet. I think you will find your own favorites easily because everything looked great to me. Here's wishing you a wonderful trip and Happy and Blessed Holidays! Have fun!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
tinkerfan1
DIS Veteran

I agree with you. We just got back a couple days ago, too. This is a great time of the year. We've gone several times at this time and it never gets less special. I'm sorry you had a bad experience once before. There are mean people in the world for sure. It sickens me. I'm glad this trip has left a much better memory as it sounds like it sure has. It truly is extra special magical this time of year.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
ireland_nicole
No brainer- the fairy wins it
Personally, I'm an on site girl

So glad you had a great trip! You're really making me want to go in early Dec. next time!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
CLEVERGIRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireland_nicole View Post
So glad you had a great trip! You're really making me want to go in early Dec. next time!

You should go for it! It was wonderful! I am also finding that by planning it close to Christmas, it has added to my and my family's enjoyment of the holidays. By that I mean that the let down of coming home from a great vacation is not as severe because we have an immediate celebration to look forward to, Not to mention a whole year to plan to go back.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
CLEVERGIRL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEVERGIRL View Post
We didn't do MVMCP so I can't comment on that. Sorry. I think that the must see decorations are: Of course the castle lighting, Christmas around the world at Epcot, and my personal favorite was the Christmas tree at the Animal Kingdom.

DH went to see all the different resort decorations and said they were all really beautiful. They are still decorating I think as the tree at the Magic Kingdom was not up yet. I think you will find your own favorites easily because everything looked great to me. Here's wishing you a wonderful trip and Happy and Blessed Holidays! Have fun!

Oh and the Osbourne Lights at DHS.... in a word... Fabulous! If all those lights were at one man's house I would just love to see the house and maybe be adopted into the family! Don't miss them. They started when the sun went down at around 6pm.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #9
Glencora
Be good then, and don't.

Thanks for the great report. I will now be officially Unable To Sleep until Monday, when I leave for the World!!!! And I just got an ADR for lunch at CP - my first character meal ever! Now, where did I put that Ambien?...
Old 12-03-2009, 05:13 AM   #10
bleeps
DIS Veteran

I do remember your post after your last trip, and am so, so happy to hear that you had no issues this time!! Hoping we can get down next year at exactly that time -- sounds as though your trip was magical!

WDW once a year since 2003!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #11
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great time! Thanks for letting us know all the details. We leave in 4 days!
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
Old 12-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #12
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

I remember your last trip and how awful that was! I am glad you had a great time this trip!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
OB1
May the Ears be with you

Totally agree with your first post that it is a great time to go, and you really get in the Christmas spirit. We went last year - 2nd week of December. About 4 weeks ago, my wife says "lets go see the lights". We went the weekend before Thanksgiving for 3 full days. CP & Christmas around the World was not running yet, but still a great time.

Glad you had a great trip. Welcome back.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #14
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your update!! I'm leaving tonight (arriving Saturday) and am hoping the light crowds continue. We too think it will be a fun extension of our holiday season and am hoping that the timing will help avoid the post-WDW blues.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #15
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great time!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: