Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
kc5grw
Musket Mickey's Motoring Maniac #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley View Post
Actually, in this case, I'm pretty sure the programming is doing EXACTLY what the requesters want it to do.

They DON'T want the Fort filled on weekends and empty during the week.

After the weekends reach a certain level of occupancy, they restrict weekend only reservations to ones that include several weeknites. If they allowed all of the weekends to be filled up without requiring some weeknites in there. Nobody that wanted longer stays would be able to get in there.

Also, weeknites by themselves are harder to sell. Most people include at least one weekend in their vacations. Very few folks go on vacation on Sunday night and leave Friday morning.

Althoug many of us here know how to work the system, we are a VERY small number of the folks booking campsites at WDW.
Might be. But that just makes might brain hurt to think of something so ridiculous.
kc5grw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
TheFlame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mDownWithDisney View Post
Thank you so much for that info. I was able to book those exact dates in a premium site. I tried calling while online, and the rep could not find those dates anywhere...even as a separate reservation.

I now just have to cancel my old reservation and knock off a few nights from the new one. I was hoping to get into a preferred site, but I will take extra nights over the preferred site.
So glad I could help!

I hope you have a wonderful trip! My favorite time to visit Disney is Halloween!
TheFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: