Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
SCGal
SC Peach

Fla Resident 3 play ticket

Can anyone give me the details of upgradeing a 3 day play ticket to a Annual Pass? If I buy a 3 day play ticket and use all three days can I still upgrade to a Annual Pass and will they give me full face value off the price of the Annual Pass? Or do you have to have days left on the ticket and they give you the value of the remaining days. It is so confusing.
Thanks
Randy
SCGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
devores
Mouseketeer

We just did the 3 day Fl resident pass so I can tell you exactly what happens.

We used the tickets, all 3 days, and then got a letter from WDW saying we could upgrade the 3 day ticket to a Fl annual pass for $137. Of course, there are blackout dates (summer months), but still not a bad deal. You have 6 months to upgrade the tickets but the date of annual pass starts on the first use of the 3 day pass.

We opted not to take advantage of the deal as it wouldnt work out for us. But we may decide to later.
devores is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
Shan-man
¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

...and you have 6 months from the first use to use the remaining days. Mom got one last Christmastime and used 2 days with us and just recently used the last day, just getting in under the 6 mo wire.

Edit: someone recently mentioned using the 3 day play pass to get around blackout dates for their initial trip. Use the play pass on days normally blacked-out and then upgrade to your season pass. Crafty! LOL

Last edited by Shan-man; 06-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Shan-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

I bought a 4 day pass, used it one day, then upgraded without any problems.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
motofamily
We LOVE Disney!

according to the Florida DMV web site to get a Florida drivers license all you need is your valid other state drivers license and a vision test along with a florida address. Seems pretty simple to me.
motofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
devores
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofamily View Post
according to the Florida DMV web site to get a Florida drivers license all you need is your valid other state drivers license and a vision test along with a florida address. Seems pretty simple to me.
You will need a local address to put on that DL. But yes, if you are a resident, its easy to get a DL in FL. You will understand when you drive down here. Anyone can get a license...haha.
devores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

We used to do that during the summers. We'd buy the play 4 passes to go during the summer, then in sept we'd upgrade to seasonals. That way it would cut the cost in half, upfront at least. And since you can't use a seasonal during the summer, this allowed us to visit during the summer months if we wanted.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
AuburnJen92
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devores View Post
You will need a local address to put on that DL. But yes, if you are a resident, its easy to get a DL in FL. You will understand when you drive down here. Anyone can get a license...haha.
OH! I couldn't have said it better myself!
AuburnJen92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: