Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #106
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Ok, I am here! you will love CSR! The dig site pool is amazingggg! I like your style! Everything you have written sounds like it could have come outta my mouth! I have a hard time sticking to one plan..not when there are sooo mnay fun options in WDW!

I also tend to "need" lots of stuff..especially right before trips! I think if I stopped buying all the stuff that I "need", I could prolly afford another vacation during the year

Getting so excited for you! Can not wait to hear about your Blue Zoo experience!

Oh and you are going to MNSSHP on John and mines anniversary! i am soo mega jealous!

Since you live so close, you should consider coming to beautiful Bucks County for some Fall photography!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #107
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
Ok, I am here! you will love CSR! The dig site pool is amazingggg! I like your style! Everything you have written sounds like it could have come outta my mouth! I have a hard time sticking to one plan..not when there are sooo mnay fun options in WDW!

I also tend to "need" lots of stuff..especially right before trips! I think if I stopped buying all the stuff that I "need", I could prolly afford another vacation during the year

Getting so excited for you! Can not wait to hear about your Blue Zoo experience!

Oh and you are going to MNSSHP on John and mines anniversary! i am soo mega jealous!

Since you live so close, you should consider coming to beautiful Bucks County for some Fall photography!!
YAY! You stopped by this one too. This PTR is like the neglected little kid of the family, I really wanted to make it better but unfortunately have no interest in spending the time to do it.

I'm so glad to hear we'll like CSR. I'm really looking forward to any pics you might have from the resort. We were hesitant about CSR (almost booked POR instead) but the new rooms just looked too pretty to not see in person.

Unfortunately, my "needs" are mostly photography related and some (DH) would swear I don't need anything at all, but a $600 lens later and some miscellaneous junk and I think I'm all set for WDW!

Happy early anniversary! I'll make sure to have enough fun for all of us.

I am in Bucks County all the time! New Hope is one of my favorite places to walk around and see the sights when I'm in a photography rut. There's always something to shoot there.
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #108
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
YAY! You stopped by this one too. This PTR is like the neglected little kid of the family, I really wanted to make it better but unfortunately have no interest in spending the time to do it.
I totally understand this! But I think you did a good job of keeping it interesting!
I'm so glad to hear we'll like CSR. I'm really looking forward to any pics you might have from the resort. We were hesitant about CSR (almost booked POR instead) but the new rooms just looked too pretty to not see in person.
the rooms are magnificent! the queen size bed, truly made a difference! so did the extra walking room! Well, with 2 kids anyway!
Unfortunately, my "needs" are mostly photography related and some (DH) would swear I don't need anything at all, but a $600 lens later and some miscellaneous junk and I think I'm all set for WDW!
I just bought my first DSLR.. I have such a passion for photography that it burns me..so i just went ahead and bought one! I have NO clue what I am doing though! I do wish we had upgraded our lens before we left! so i think that was a smart choice on your part!
Happy early anniversary! I'll make sure to have enough fun for all of us.

I am in Bucks County all the time! New Hope is one of my favorite places to walk around and see the sights when I'm in a photography rut. There's always something to shoot there.
As luck would have it, I am in beautiful new Hope.. wait did you know that from my TR?? I can never remember if I actually mention what town we are in lol
Old 09-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #109
annnewjerz

Quote:
As luck would have it, I am in beautiful new Hope.. wait did you know that from my TR?? I can never remember if I actually mention what town we are in lol
Squee! (that's my very happy noise) So glad you liked the rooms and the queen sized beds, I'm really looking forward to that.

Unfortunately, this lens was not an upgrade---it was just another lens on the long list of lenses that I buy. Next will be a good telephoto lens, and that one will really hurt the wallet---it's $1200! That'll be in the new year, when my photography budget replenishes itself. This year has been well over $1000, so DH has officially cut me off.

Nope, did not notice that from your TR---so what a weird coinky dink.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #110
inkedupmomma

Quote:
Squee! (that's my very happy noise) So glad you liked the rooms and the queen sized beds, I'm really looking forward to that.

Unfortunately, this lens was not an upgrade---it was just another lens on the long list of lenses that I buy. Next will be a good telephoto lens, and that one will really hurt the wallet---it's $1200! That'll be in the new year, when my photography budget replenishes itself. This year has been well over $1000, so DH has officially cut me off.

Nope, did not notice that from your TR---so what a weird coinky dink.
I really liked it there! I do not have a whole lot but Values to compare it to though LOL.

My next lens will be an upgrade from what I have now.. which is what it came with LOL.. so that is considered an upgrade..right ? lol The telephoto is dreamy..and in my future.. just not the veryy verry near fture. But the future!

yay, for weird coinky dinks
Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #111
annnewjerz

Hi everyone. Just wanted to pop in to let you know I have started a dining review thread for our October trip on the Dining Reviews board.

Here is the link---hope you all can join me!
Old 09-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #112
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone. Just wanted to pop in to let you know I have started a dining review thread for our October trip on the Dining Reviews board.

Off to your link right now! See you on the other side!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #113
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:

Left an awesomely inappropriate (maybe) comment on your dining review thread.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #114
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Off to your link right now! See you on the other side!
Thanks for joining me on the dining reviews board---it's always nice to see a familiar---er----uh----avatar??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
Left an awesomely inappropriate (maybe) comment on your dining review thread.
Very nice. I had to come up with some use for my wedding dress, what better than being a zombie bride for Halloween?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #115
annnewjerz

Today I went out on lunch to Target in search of some gallon and quart sized zip-loc baggies, a must for any luggage packer if you ask me.

I had previously looked at Target for a cheap brown dress that I could cut up to make it look like fringe and came out empty handed. How could it be, I asked myself, that there were no plain brown cotton dresses. They could be short sleeved, spaghetti strapped or strapless---I just needed a brown dress!!!

Today I decided to give Target one last look before either A) resigning myself to the fact that I would have a not-so Native American looking outfit and just hope that people saw the feather headband and "got it" or B) I'd have to shred a dress I actually wear in my everyday life, neither of which I was happy about doing.

I poked around the clothing racks, feeling sad because all of the heavy fall clothing had been put out and based on the weather forecasts I have been looking at---heavy fall clothing just wasn't going to do. I even looked through the clearance racks thinking maybe, just maybe I'd see something I wanted but nothing hit the nail on the head. Too heavy, too fancy, too long, too short, still too expensive for a Halloween costume I'm ultimately going to rip up.

Then I saw it...

Tucked back among racks of pants, a piece of brown jersey fabric calling my name. It was a dress, a light cotton spaghetti strapped dress at that. Too good to be true!!

I thought to myself, surely this is going to be the wrong size. But it wasn't.

Then I thought, surely this is going to be too expensive still (I was looking for $10 or under). But it wasn't!!!

I ended up walking out of the store with a dress that cost...

::wait for it::

::wait for it::

::drumroll please::

$2.24!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! I've never gotten a dress for $2.24 ever. Just when I was starting to feel that the costume would never come together, the planets align and I find exactly what I need a mere 17 days before our trip.

After I was done doing the cabbage patch all around the store I decided not to press my luck further and checked out.

One more thing that can be crossed off the list, only about 100 more to do before we go.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #116
inkedupmomma

what an awesome find! I love when I find stuff for super dirt cheap at Target! yay for you!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #117
annnewjerz

Quote:
what an awesome find! I love when I find stuff for super dirt cheap at Target! yay for you!
I KNOW! Seriously, I'm a bargain hunter, but I've never found a dress for less than a cup of coffee. Now when you take into account that I'll be cutting the dress up---I guess the bargain is somewhat diminished, but whatev---it was still $2.24!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #118
annnewjerz

Oy vey! Today we are at our 13 or 14 day mark, I can't really tell. These countdown tickers are just too confusing.

At this time in two weeks, I will be (hopefully) standing on Main Street watching Wishes for the first time ever. I've only ever seen part of the show while we were walking out of the parks---couldn't even stomach the thought of the crowds. This time, I'm getting there an hour early and hoping for the best. Wish me luck!!!

There is a little bit of trip news. Yesterday, I added a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe for the trip. We were planning to eat at Captain Cook's, but breakfast is super cheap anyway---so why not just have a nice relaxing sit down meal?

Can anyone tell my dining budget has basically been tossed out the window??

I'm hoping to try the Tonga Toast for the first time, but I'm not sure I'll like it (not a huge fan of regular french toast and I can't pawn it off on DH because he hates banana). If not, I'll just get the macademia pancakes---those look good too.

Today, I also sorted through my pins to separate any traders I have from the ones I plan to wear. Unfortunately, I realized I dropped the ball on pins today and completely forgot to buy a lanyard. I'll have to do that next.

For this trip the initial plan was to take my Haunted Mansion pins and wear them for MNSSHP, but I don't think it will really "go" with the Indian costume, so I'm skipping the pins that day. Instead, for my birthday on the 17th I'll wear my Chip & Dale collection, as well as my Vinylmation set and then maybe do a little trading here and there. I'm new to the whole pin thing, so we'll see how it pans out. DH completely refuses to wear any of the pins, no matter how manly. He's "too cool" for that, but not too cool to wear his Splash Mountain t-shirt out to dinner this summer.

I also started putting together my "Disney box" today. I stole this idea from KathyRN Basically, it provided me with one central location to keep everything that I plan on packing. From costume components, to travel sized toiletries to earbuds for my iPOD, the box is already overflowing and I think I'll have to upgrade on Monday. This whole "carry on only" thing is going to be the death of me.

Today we also started really getting into cleaning the house. Whenever I go away, I like to come home to a clean house. It can be a complete mess most of the time and usually I overlook it---but the last thing I want to come back from vacation to see is a messy house to remind me that we are no longer in WDW. Plus, my Mom will be dog-sitting for us this go around, so I need to make sure the house is in suitable condition for a guest. This includes cleaning DH's "man room" (a room in his house painted Eagles green that he has a mini-fridge in for when he plays video games, etc.) What an undertaking that was!!

So---now that I've bored all of you to death, that about concludes this update. We still have so much to do tomorrow and next weekend but I feel like we are making some progress and that's a very good thing.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #119
inkedupmomma

Quote:
I KNOW! Seriously, I'm a bargain hunter, but I've never found a dress for less than a cup of coffee. Now when you take into account that I'll be cutting the dress up---I guess the bargain is somewhat diminished, but whatev---it was still $2.24!
for $2.24 throw it out, who cares LOL. that's cheapp!
Quote:
Oy vey! Today we are at our 13 or 14 day mark, I can't really tell. These countdown tickers are just too confusing.

At this time in two weeks, I will be (hopefully) standing on Main Street watching Wishes for the first time ever. I've only ever seen part of the show while we were walking out of the parks---couldn't even stomach the thought of the crowds. This time, I'm getting there an hour early and hoping for the best. Wish me luck!!!
Oh wow, the 1st time ever! It's awesome! I cry....
There is a little bit of trip news. Yesterday, I added a breakfast reservation at Kona Cafe for the trip. We were planning to eat at Captain Cook's, but breakfast is super cheap anyway---so why not just have a nice relaxing sit down meal?
Kona breakfast is freaking amazingggg! and not expensive either! Def a must do for us every trip!
Can anyone tell my dining budget has basically been tossed out the window??

I'm hoping to try the Tonga Toast for the first time, but I'm not sure I'll like it (not a huge fan of regular french toast and I can't pawn it off on DH because he hates banana). If not, I'll just get the macademia pancakes---those look good too.
i was a fan of the tonga toast until I realized it had banana in it. saw some on my last trip and it just didn't look like something I would love!

Today, I also sorted through my pins to separate any traders I have from the ones I plan to wear. Unfortunately, I realized I dropped the ball on pins today and completely forgot to buy a lanyard. I'll have to do that next.
get one in wdw?
For this trip the initial plan was to take my Haunted Mansion pins and wear them for MNSSHP, but I don't think it will really "go" with the Indian costume, so I'm skipping the pins that day. Instead, for my birthday on the 17th I'll wear my Chip & Dale collection, as well as my Vinylmation set and then maybe do a little trading here and there. I'm new to the whole pin thing, so we'll see how it pans out. DH completely refuses to wear any of the pins, no matter how manly. He's "too cool" for that, but not too cool to wear his Splash Mountain t-shirt out to dinner this summer.
my john won't wear one either, but likes helping the kids! he thinks they are cool for display at home too!
I also started putting together my "Disney box" today. I stole this idea from KathyRN Basically, it provided me with one central location to keep everything that I plan on packing. From costume components, to travel sized toiletries to earbuds for my iPOD, the box is already overflowing and I think I'll have to upgrade on Monday. This whole "carry on only" thing is going to be the death of me.
I have a disney box...or 5 too!
Today we also started really getting into cleaning the house. Whenever I go away, I like to come home to a clean house. It can be a complete mess most of the time and usually I overlook it---but the last thing I want to come back from vacation to see is a messy house to remind me that we are no longer in WDW. Plus, my Mom will be dog-sitting for us this go around, so I need to make sure the house is in suitable condition for a guest. This includes cleaning DH's "man room" (a room in his house painted Eagles green that he has a mini-fridge in for when he plays video games, etc.) What an undertaking that was!!
let me tell you, I cleaned my house like no other before we left, and coming back was SO MUCH EASIER! I loved not having to do a thing..although that didn't last long lol
So---now that I've bored all of you to death, that about concludes this update. We still have so much to do tomorrow and next weekend but I feel like we are making some progress and that's a very good thing.
I am so excited for you guys!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #120
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Tucked back among racks of pants, a piece of brown jersey fabric calling my name. It was a dress, a light cotton spaghetti strapped dress at that. Too good to be true!!

I thought to myself, surely this is going to be the wrong size. But it wasn't.

Then I thought, surely this is going to be too expensive still (I was looking for $10 or under). But it wasn't!!!

Amazingly good luck with your costume-dress. . . the shopping goddesses were with you that day!

Only $2.24?? Outrageous!

Kathy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: