Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #136
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

So did you actually check in online?

I think I like the second set of feathers, but I'm a guy.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #137
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
So did you actually check in online?

I think I like the second set of feathers, but I'm a guy.
I did check-in online. I wasn't going to because secretly I thought to myself "if I check-in with a person, maybe they'll see it's my birthday today and give me an upgraded room", but then I decided that whatever happens, we're still in Disney and I'll at the very least get what I paid for, so no biggie.

I like the second set of feathers also, they're just huge. They must stand a foot and a half higher than my head and I can only imagine that might be annoying for me, and for the guests behind me on whatever rides we do.

Hmmmmmmmm.
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #138
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

I loved online check in when we did it. They also gave us a very close room to everything so who knows if we got some pixie dust thrown in there.

As for the headdresses... the first one is cute! I think it'll be easier to manage in the parks. The 2nd one is awesome but I think it might get annoying after awhile.

I promise I'm close to getting a first installment of a TR soon!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #139
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
I loved online check in when we did it. They also gave us a very close room to everything so who knows if we got some pixie dust thrown in there.

I promise I'm close to getting a first installment of a TR soon!
Yeah, online checkin was really smooth for me too. We got what we requested, and that's all I was really hoping for.

The word "soon" always reminds me of Spaceballs. "When will then be now?" "Soon." "How soon?"
Old 10-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #140
annnewjerz

Alright folks, it's that time already. "What time is that?" you may be thinking. Well I'll tell ya, it's time for....

THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!

(The "Cabbage Patch" is my personal fave)

I can't believe that in only 9 short days, we'll finally be there. We'll get to see the new rooms at CSR. We'll get to have dinner at bluezoo. We'll get to see the MK for the first time in over 2 years. We'll get to celebrate my birthday in Disney!

I'm going to be a frazzled mess for the next 9 days, but I know it'll all be worth it in the end.

....so excited....
Old 10-08-2009, 01:57 PM   #141
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Woohoo!

We stayed at CSR in 2004 and it was great. The big pool is very well done and the whole resort is beautiful (and big).
Old 10-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #142
annnewjerz

Nevermind.

Last edited by annnewjerz; 10-08-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #143
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
So close to the trip and I'm still thinking of things to add/change/whatever.

The plan right now is to go to MK on the 17th and MNSSHP on the 18th. We just have a base ticket for the first day in WDW.

Does anyone think it's worth upgrading to a hopper? It would be around $100 to add the hopper option to our 1-day tickets, which seems like a lot, but it would mean we could go to Epcot for the first part of the day to do a ride or two and maybe check our the F&W Fest until dinner and then go to MK to see Spectro and Wishes for my first time ever and for their evening hours.

Thoughts?? It's probably a silly idea, but one I wanted input on regardless.

Thanks!
I'm thinking no. Not sure what the hours are, but to pay an extra $100 to be able to go to two parks for one day seems a bit much. If you were adding hoppers for multiple days it would be different.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #144
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
I'm thinking no. Not sure what the hours are, but to pay an extra $100 to be able to go to two parks for one day seems a bit much. If you were adding hoppers for multiple days it would be different.

I guess I didn't delete that in time. I was thinking out loud and after typing it out and realizing we would only have like 3-4 hours in Epcot, I decided it wasn't worth the cost.

Thanks for the confirmation though!
Old 10-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #145
spinetnglr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Alright folks, it's that time already. "What time is that?" you may be thinking. Well I'll tell ya, it's time for....

THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!

(The "Cabbage Patch" is my personal fave)

I can't believe that in only 9 short days, we'll finally be there. We'll get to see the new rooms at CSR. We'll get to have dinner at bluezoo. We'll get to see the MK for the first time in over 2 years. We'll get to celebrate my birthday in Disney!

I'm going to be a frazzled mess for the next 9 days, but I know it'll all be worth it in the end.

....so excited....
I can do my single digit dance tomorrow :P

Nothing hits as hard as life.

http://rewindtime.smugmug.com/

Nikon D600, D300, Nikkor 10.5 mm Fisheye f2.8, Nikkor 35mm f1.8, Nikkor 50mm f1.4, Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8, Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, Speedlight SB-600
Old 10-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #146
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinetnglr View Post
I can do my single digit dance tomorrow :P

Ahhhhhh I can't believe it's so close!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:00 PM   #147
norybell
DIS Veteran

De-lurking...

Congrats on the single digits! I'm sooooo close, myself, I can barely handle the anticipation!

Also -- and not like you know me, or anything, so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt! -- I vote for the first headdress. The second one looks cooler, and more costume-y, but it seems like it'd be a real pain in the *** to wear all night! If they're not expensive, maybe you could get them both, wear the big one for pictures, then change into the small one for the rest of the time? Though I guess that'd be a hassle, too!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #148
annnewjerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
De-lurking...

Congrats on the single digits! I'm sooooo close, myself, I can barely handle the anticipation!

Also -- and not like you know me, or anything, so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt! -- I vote for the first headdress. The second one looks cooler, and more costume-y, but it seems like it'd be a real pain in the *** to wear all night! If they're not expensive, maybe you could get them both, wear the big one for pictures, then change into the small one for the rest of the time? Though I guess that'd be a hassle, too!
Hi!!!

So happy to have someone else acknowledge that they're reading.

I don't know anyone on here with the exception of spinetnglr, so you're not the sole stranger of the bunch.

I agree that the bigger one looks cooler but might be a pain to wear all night. I did buy both, it was only $15 for the two of them, so maybe I'll take your suggestion. Bring both, start the night in the big one and when that gets too annoying, ditch it and switch to the small headband. Hmmmm. If I can fit both in my carry-on that just might work!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #149
annnewjerz

Well everyone, it's time for another trip related update!

With only a week to go, I figure it's time to alert all of my PTR readers that I will be Twittering/live blogging around The World.

My original idea was to only do a blog because it's super easy to post a picture and it would be one place to keep track of my trip without having to write it all down. Then, I signed up on Twitter to follow Carrie (Lurkyloo) at the D23 expo and realized how much I like the 140 characters of less. I have no self-edit at all so only having 140 characters sort of forces me to get to the point already. BUT, posting to TwitPic seems like a bit of a hassle, so I don't just want to use Twitter, if that makes sense.

So---I made a decision I know I'm going to regret, I'm going to try to do both. Any text updates, I am going to try to post in both places, but any pictures will go to the blog. I'm going to try to do a little combo of what we're doing, what we're eating, what we're riding and generally how the trip is going.

So, without further ado, here are the links.

Here is a link to follow me on Twitter.

Here is a link to follow my live blog.

I'll re-post these links closer to the day we leave in case anyone misses this update.

If you have any comments or questions that you want me to try to answer while we are down there, let me know!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #150
norybell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!!!

So happy to have someone else acknowledge that they're reading.

I don't know anyone on here with the exception of spinetnglr, so you're not the sole stranger of the bunch.
Yay! Thanks, that makes me feel much better about posting! I'm a shy poster, what can I say. I generally don't want to post unless I really have something to say, but since I don't generally have something specific to say (I mean really, who does?), I end up not getting to know anybody!
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: