Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Spirit Of America August 7 - 14, 2009 & WDW August 14-22, 2009 Trip Report

Hi everyone!

This is our trip report for our Summer adventure! We will be leaving in just a few days for our first ABD trip. We will be doing the Spirit of America tour and then a week at WDW where we will be having an Ohana Reunion with a wonderful group of people we meet on our Panama Cruise last Summer.

We are getting excited about our trip and the packing is underway.

The cast of characters is as follows: Des (Me) Richard (DH) and Tori (DD-12). Our adventures will take us to Philly, Washington, DC, and Colonial Willamsburg, VA. In addition to the ABD tour - we have planned additional adventures in each of the stops!

A little about ourselves...we love to travel (one of the reasons I became a travel agent - I am a planner!) - For the past few years, we have taken some great cruises. We also love to do road trips to see the U.S. and visit WDW. Tori is on a quest to visit every state. She has been to 28 so far and will be adding 4 more with this trip. DH is a software developer (and extremely patient with all my planning craziness!) and DD is a student.

Also on our trip - Tori wanted to do the adventure in an Adventures of Stitch kind of way. So here is Stitch hanging out - waiting for the Adventure to begin:

We are adding on an extra day to allow time to meet up with some fellow Diser's for dinner and rest before our ABD starts!
Official Member of the Club!
A Litle Pixie Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
kjd469
Addicted to WDW

Have a great trip...sounds like a lot of fun!
ABD Southwest Splendors July '09
ABD Sacred Valleys & Incan Cities Oct. '08
Inaugural Sailing of Disney Magic August '98
7 night Western Carib. Disney Magic October 2003
3 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2006
4 night Bahamas Disney Wonder March 2008
4 night DVC S.S. Member Cruise - Disney Wonder Sept. 2010
3 night Bahamas Disney Dream October 2011
7 night Eastern Carib. Disney Fantasy June 2012
www.whencanwego.blogspot.com
kjd469 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
A Litle Pixie Dust
"Mom..when I grow up..I don't want to be a Princess..I want to be Queen..because the Queen has "all" the power!"

Hi everyone!

Today is a lot of last minute info getting for the extra things we will be doing on the trip. Paying final bills and getting last minute things done.

Nothing very exciting going on ... the realization that we leave in 3 days is setting in and the stress level of getting everything done is rising

It's difficult to believe that we planned this trip 11 months ago and that the day is almost here.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
A Litle Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd469 View Post
Have a great trip...sounds like a lot of fun!
Thanks! We are looking forward to it a lot!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #5
thatslygirl
Earning My Ears

Have fun!!!

If you have time in the mornings, be sure to check out the Newseum on Pennsylvania Avenue (not far from the National Archives). They display the front pages from all the states and many different countries. It's fun to see what's considered front page news in DC versus the rest of the nation: http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/
thatslygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Icemann
Dis Vet

Sounds like you are ready willing and able.You will have so much fun but you know that,We went in May June this year and had a blast.We were very lucky to have 29 super people to travel with and two of Disney's best tour guides.Maria and Kim.We did the extra planning like you but I bet your's is better.Their is just not enough time for everything.Hint pick one Smith and decide what you want to see and go for it.We did 4 in one day and didn't see anything..The scavange hunt was kinda lame but your DD might like it.That was two hours+ wasted for us we do not have kids.All the little things they do for you are great.Your DD will like Great Wolf Lodge.Reports coming in from this trip say their are children on board so DD might make some new friends.Enjoy and if you forget anything Kim and Maria will help you get through it,did for us.Please tell them FL George wish's them and you the best
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile It was Stitch....

...that put me over the top.

I'm subscribing - can't wait....gotta take pictures.
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; DEC 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #8
A Litle Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatslygirl View Post
Have fun!!!

If you have time in the mornings, be sure to check out the Newseum on Pennsylvania Avenue (not far from the National Archives). They display the front pages from all the states and many different countries. It's fun to see what's considered front page news in DC versus the rest of the nation: http://www.newseum.org/todaysfrontpages/
That sounds awesome..we will definitely do that! thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemann View Post
Sounds like you are ready willing and able.You will have so much fun but you know that,We went in May June this year and had a blast.We were very lucky to have 29 super people to travel with and two of Disney's best tour guides.Maria and Kim.We did the extra planning like you but I bet your's is better.Their is just not enough time for everything.Hint pick one Smith and decide what you want to see and go for it.We did 4 in one day and didn't see anything..The scavange hunt was kinda lame but your DD might like it.That was two hours+ wasted for us we do not have kids.All the little things they do for you are great.Your DD will like Great Wolf Lodge.Reports coming in from this trip say their are children on board so DD might make some new friends.Enjoy and if you forget anything Kim and Maria will help you get through it,did for us.Please tell them FL George wish's them and you the best
Unfortunately, we have picked 3 Smiths but we know exactly what we want to see in each..I have warned my DH and DD that it's best if they just run behind me and keep moving! We know we can't see it all but there are some must sees. I also want to treat my DD to the Carousel on the Mall. The hard part is that everything closes so early! the scavenger hunt will depend on if we saw everything we wanted to see on Friday - we do need to fit in both "famous" Philly Cheesesteak locations tho
I wrote your name down so I can tell them you said hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewton64 View Post
...that put me over the top.

I'm subscribing - can't wait....gotta take pictures.
We have a "flat Stitch" that did the PC cruise with us last year but he is a little bigger then I wanted to drag all over so this one won out. My DD loves Stitch We will definitely take lots of pictures! We will post what we can to include you. Thanks for subscribing!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #9
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Have fun Des and we'll see you shortly!
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #10
OC_stacylace
Mouseketeer

We'll be on that trip with you guys! We leave tomorrow and we want to get there early to settle in. Plus, I think we're heading to Hershey on Thursday for some added fun! We've been in touch before, I believe. We're from south Orange County, and I remember you guys also being from CA. I have two boys, 10 and 4, and my parents are going as well. We'll be leaving my hubby at home due to work getting in the way, but we look forward to the trip and to meeting you and everyone on the tour.

Have a safe flight, and we'll see ya there!

P.S. Which place to go for cheese steaks, I heard Gino's, but I'm open to suggestions!
2014 DCL California Coast, 2014 Aulani, 2012 DCL AK, 2011 DCL MR, 2010 AKL Kidani (2x), 2008 SSR, 2006 ASMo, 2003 AKL, 2000 Port Orleans, 1999 Dixie Landings, 1992 FW Cabins, 1990 CBR, 1985 FW, 1983 FW, 1981 FW, 1978 FW, 1975 FW
Disneyland: Too many to count!
OC_stacylace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
A Litle Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
Have fun Des and we'll see you shortly!
Hi Deb! Can't wait to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC_stacylace View Post
We'll be on that trip with you guys! We leave tomorrow and we want to get there early to settle in. Plus, I think we're heading to Hershey on Thursday for some added fun! We've been in touch before, I believe. We're from south Orange County, and I remember you guys also being from CA. I have two boys, 10 and 4, and my parents are going as well. We'll be leaving my hubby at home due to work getting in the way, but we look forward to the trip and to meeting you and everyone on the tour.

Have a safe flight, and we'll see ya there!

P.S. Which place to go for cheese steaks, I heard Gino's, but I'm open to suggestions!
We wanted to go to Hershey but couldn't swing it...only so much time off of work. As for Cheesesteaks.. there are 2 rival places on corners almost facing each other if I understand it correctly - one is Geno's and the other is Pat's King of Steaks...we are going to do one on Friday and the other on Saturday after they let us off for our freetime. We did chat before on the ABD thread -looking forward to meeting you!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #12
A Litle Pixie Dust

Hi everyone! 2 days left and counting -

Woke up today with huge plans to pack and get things going - unfortunately, woke up not feeling well and a migraine

Also had to take my van in for new brakes...home now and starting to get things moving. Finished up with my work a few minutes ago and now plan on working on my postcard list. I print out labels for my postcards. I do this for 2reasons. First, I save time when my DD does her postcards as all she needs to do is peel and stick! And secondly, this way, we know we sent that person a postcard (I print up however many labels for each person we are sending to - 1 or 2 for each of her friends - 3 or so for Grandma & Grandpa). When the label is gone...we know we sent it. Helps with the vacation brain lapse!

All of our clothes have been washed and dried..I will be hopefullypacking tonight except for a few toiletries...trying to take tomorrow for just last minute things and taking the pets to their boarding for the trip. Need an early night tomorrow night! (yeah - that's going to happen!)

If anyone has any last minute suggestions - let me know - would love to hear them!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #13
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Litle Pixie Dust View Post

If anyone has any last minute suggestions - let me know - would love to hear them!
Breathe!
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
A Litle Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahuffy View Post
Breathe!
Thanks! that's a great suggestion...actually..not doing to bad. This time last year I was in panic mode since we had all that extra stuff for the cruise. Everything for Tori and I is ready to be packed tonight except our shoes and toiletries which I will work on tonight. The house is clean (I like coming home to a clean house) and tomorrow looks like a day for giving Tori a mani and pedi and last minute things.

Just that flight thing that hangs over me but I know it will be fine and before I know it..I will be at dinner with Mike and Linda!

Well..off to wash the dog....don't want to offend the people at the boarding hotel.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #15
A Litle Pixie Dust

Hi everyone!

Final day before the big trip! Everything is packed with exception of a couple of toiletries I need for the morning. All errands have been run. All that's left tonight is dropping off the animals and having dinner with my Mom.

Our friends who are taking us to the airport called to confirm our 6AM pick up time.

Our plans for tomorrow upon arriving in Philly are to meet some great friends from our PC cruise last year. We are going to celebrate Mike & Linda's son's birthday at Dave and Busters. I can't wait to see them!

On Friday we will be seeing Philly by Riding the Duck! We did this in San Francisco and loved it! We plan on going to the US Mint and seeing Betsy Ross's home as well. And of course..have to try a Philly Cheesesteak!

Well..off to give my DD a mani/pedi!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: