Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 AM   #106
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I finally took the time to get organized so that you can find all of my travel games in one place. I added a link to my shared file in my signature below. Have fun travels!

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.
jtanddolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #107
milliepie
I miss DIS, but RL is a priority.

Just wanted to add some new outfits to the paper doll collection.

COMPLETED REQUESTS~~MICKEY HEADS~~DISNEY CRUISE~~HOLIDAYS
milliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #108
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post

Just beautiful!
Must buy more ink!
Thanks so much
Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #109
bear74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliepie View Post

love them!
bear74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #110
lukesmom
Mouseketeer

Some great ideas in this thread. Thanks so much to everyone. We will be driving from Massachusetts to Orlando in October. Always on the lookout for ideas to keep my 8 yo busy.

Donna
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:04 AM   #111
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Milliepie...love the new outfits!!!

Here are a few pics of some travel games that I made as a party favor for my son's birthday in case someone wanted to see how they look and a great way to store them for traveling. I laminated the game and lacing cards to make them extra sturdy and so that they can be used over and over again. I purchased the dry erase markers at Walmart and they come with small erasers on the end which is great for wiping off the cards at the end of the game!

Here they are in a pencil bag which you can get in a lot of great colors at Wal-mart during the back to school sale for $1! There is plenty of room and I can fit more games in the bag. Also, you can throw the bag in your glove box or under a seat and forget about it until you are on your next road trip and the kids complain about being bored.

Lacing Cards

Sink the Pirate Ship...these are 8.5x5.5 (half a sheet of regular paper) which is a great size to store in pencil bags!

Tinks Tic-Tac-Toe

My DISigns are not to be used for profit or gain in any way. I post them for others personal use only so they can be used for family and friends to make trips, parties and daily life more special.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 08-26-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #112
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

I made this for a different thread and thought I would post it here in case someone could use it for their travels. It is a "one world...four parks" crayon holder for a 24 crayon pack. If you want a special "disney" crayon holder for your child, I left one side blank so that you can insert a text box and personalize for your child.

To print: Open up a word document and set the margins to .5 in the "page setup" and make sure the paper orientation is set to landscape.

Then copy and paste the crayon box image directly from this thread. To do this right click on the image and then paste directly into the word document. If you right click and choose the "save as"...it may change the dimensions and the measurements I listed below may not work.

Next, check the picture size by clicking on the image then go to "format" then click on "picture" in the drop down menu then click on the "size" tab and it should be 7.24 x 8.51 inches. Before you print a bunch of these and waste ink and paper...print one and put together to make sure the size is correct by either sizing it against a 24 crayon box from the store or putting crayons in it to make sure that they fit. I don't want you to waste ink and paper if for some reason the dimensions that worked for me don't work for you.

To personalize for your child or family...here is how to insert a text box:
• First copy and paste the image you want to add a name, word or words to.
• Next make sure that your cursor is below the image that you want to insert a text box over by hitting return twice.
• Then look for the tab at the top of word that says "insert", click on it and scroll down and click on "text box".
• Next, a big box will show up on the screen that says text box...ignore this box but look for your mouse that will show up as an +. Move the +/mouse to where you want your text box to go then left click and drag the mouse to make the size box you want for the area you want the wording to go.
• Then go back up to the top of word and click on "format" and click on "text box" in the drop down menu.
• Look for the tab that says "colors and lines". In the fill section make sure the color box says "no color". In the line section make sure the color says "no line". Then the background will show through behind whatever text you type in the box and there won't be a line around the text box.
• Now you can type whatever you want inside the box by clicking inside the box and choosing font and size.
• If the box isn't the right size you can drag the corners and sides to make it the right size.

If you don't want to make your own...I often find Disney crayon boxes at the Dollar Tree.

Last edited by jtanddolly; 08-28-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #113
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

If you are looking for Milliepie's paper dolls and you see the "bandwidth exceeded" sign. Don't worry...you can still see her paper doll outfits and download them by going to her photobucket link.

Link to Milliepie's Photobucket.. http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/milliesky/

Old 08-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #114
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Two different license plate games. I made these 8.5 x 5.5 (my favorite size for making these games!) Open up a word document and set the margins all to "0". When you see a popup that says "...outside printable area..." click ignore. I left enough white space that they should print just fine. Also make sure the paper orientation is set to landscape. Then copy and paste into your word document directly from this thread and go to "format" then "picture" and make sure the size is 8.5x5.5.

One of these cards already has the name of the states listed and one is blank. You can print both on the front and back of one sheet of card stock and use it as a learning tool to help teach your children where different states are on the map.

If you want to use it over and over to teach your child where to find states on the map...laminate the card. But this is a great one to not laminate, use a pen and keep around until you can find all of the license plates on the card! Then you can look back over it and see dates that you found the license plates.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #115
mom of 2 princesses
Earning My Ears

Dolly you do fantastic work!!!! I love everything. I just recently became a stay at home mom and I have to pinch my pennies, so I was wondering if you could email me the journal you have that uses less ink. I am still new here, so I will try to do the pm thing.

Thanks so much,

Cathy
Old 08-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #116
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Dolly,

Here is the generic vacation atlas you requested for this thread. I am unable to put the castle on Florida (only non-Disney for me). You are more than welcome to add it if you wish - you have my permission.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #117
Alice_on_WONDERland
Why is a raven like a writing desk? Yes, your majesty!

Thumbs up

Bump - because I LOVE this thread!

Mama's Got Her Groove Back Trip Report
Alice_on_WONDERland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #118
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

this is great!!

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #119
dreaming-of-disney
mama of 2 disney princesses

Location: Drive, drive, and drive some more to see the Happiest Place on Earth

Yesterday I was at the Dollar Tree and they had some sports related games that fold up and fit in a binder that are cute. (I haven't opened mine yet, but, I think they even have the binder holes already punched) They had football, darts, baseball, basketball, shuffleboard, golf and a few others.
2010, Dec-DW, VWL
2009, Oct-DCL, St. Croix, St. Thomas
2008, June-DW, All Star Sports, BCV
2006, March-DW, Pop Century
2005, Jan-DW, All Star Movies
2003, Oct-1st trip to DW as a family, All Star Music
dreaming-of-disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #120
jtanddolly
DIS Veteran

Breakingd_awn came up with a fun idea for an FE gift that I thought would be great for the travel thread! These are "picture books" for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers. Dawn suggested making them 5x5 inches which I think is a great size for little ones to hold and view. If you want to save on paper and ink...you can make them 4x4 and get four images on one page.

There are lots of ways that you can make these:
1. You can make them into board books.
2. You can laminate them (that way you can wipe them off when food or drink ends up on them and it makes it harder for a little one to destroy them) and punch a hole in the corner, then use plastic shower curtain rings to attach them all together. Then attach the shower curtain ring to children's linking rings and to attach the book to a stroller or car seat. This was a trick that I saw on a Martha Stewart show!
3. If you wanted to make a really fun personalized book and you have been to Disney before...use the pictures you took with different characters by putting them on one side of the card and on the backside have the character's name.
4. Instead of making them into a book...you could print doubles 2-3 inches in size and use them for a Memory Game by placing the cards upside down and flipping one over at a time and flip a second trying to find it's match. When you get two that match set them aside. If they don't match...turn them back over and start again until all the cards are matched.

These great covers were made by Bababear (Mel). One is for those going on a Disney Cruise the other is for road trips:

Pages made by me of the Fab Five Babies:

Last edited by jtanddolly; 10-14-2009 at 06:33 AM.

Tags
games, princess, road trip, travel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: