Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Kathiria
Earning My Ears

Newbie to Disney

Hello everyone. As the title says I am a noob to the Disney experience. I have been in the DIS forums since the beginning of the year. I have been reading your trip reports and I feel that I am already in love with Disney. I live through trip reports. There are other forums out there, but this by far takes the cake.
A little about us: Me (30) DH (38) DS (9) and DD (7)
My husband and I have been married for 11 years. I have been wanting to go to Disney World since forever. We were actually making plans but 911 happened and we, (military then) were locked down so we cancelled. Then in 2002 we found out there was something different with my son. He was not himself anymore and after a good friend suggested having him evaluated, we found out my son was autistic. So our plans were just cancelled at that point. He was three then. Now my wonderful son is high functioning to the point that if you were to see him you would not notice anything. My husband brought up that maybe we should try making plans now. The only worried he has is if may be too much for our son to handle. So here I am trolling through the boards and picking up suggestions and so many of my questions are answered.
Our trip will consist of us 4 for 4 nights and 5 days at the Pop. We will be there from September 28th to October 2nd. I am going to pull them out of school for a week since I figured this may be a slower time at the parks and I am hoping for shorter lines. My son is not patient especially at parks. We will be on the Deluxe Dining with ADR at Sci Fi, Coral Reef and I am trying to decide on a character breakfast. The only question I have atm is if I arrive early on check-in day and the room is not ready, will we still be able to get our passes for the parks until the room is ready. Well, I am looking forward to reading some more trip reports. Take care everyone.

Smooches.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
bitohoney
DIS Veteran

You are sooooo gonna love WDW!
I'm 'forcing' my 16 yr old out of school and to WDW around the same time you will be there!
And, yes. When you check in they give you everything then and there except for your room number. You get your KTTW card which is your park ticket and room key and you can go off to a park. But, when you return you have to stop at the front desk to get your room #.

Tons of DL trips, CBR June 2005 (1st time at WDW), SoG May 2007, Disneyland December/January 2007/2008, Pop August 2008, AKL April 2009, GF April 2010, ASMovies Oct 2010, POFQ Dec 2011, Disneyland Hotel May/June 2012, BCV Feb 2013, BWV May 2014, POR May 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hi,
Welcome to the pre-trip boards.
I think the above poster said, you can
get your tickets when you check in.
Just so you know, it will be extremely hot,
but the nites are beautiful.
My nephew is autistic so I can help you
with any questions you may have.
Make sure you get the (GAC) Guest Assistant Card.
You can get one at Customer Service at each park.
My bil, who made fun of Disney,
came home and 'said it was the best vacation, "ever".
When their son wanted to ride Buzz and their was a hour wait,
they used the card and was able to get on right away.
I'm sure you know what I'm referring too.
They also rode the train for almost 2 hours-their son has a fixation with trains.

OhMari
Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you have some great plans so far! If you want a suggestion for a character meal, my two favorites are Winnie the Pooh and friends at Crystal Palace, and Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. I've done other but for my money, I like those the best.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
Kathiria
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much. I am flying in on Sunday and staying with my mom overnight so I can be there early on Monday. I would like to do as much as my son can. He is really looking forward to this trip. He watches the planning video everyday.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
Kathiria
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hi,
Welcome to the pre-trip boards.
I think the above poster said, you can
get your tickets when you check in.
Just so you know, it will be extremely hot,
but the nites are beautiful.
My nephew is autistic so I can help you
with any questions you may have.
Make sure you get the (GAC) Guest Assistant Card.
You can get one at Customer Service at each park.
My bil, who made fun of Disney,
came home and 'said it was the best vacation, "ever".
When their son wanted to ride Buzz and their was a hour wait,
they used the card and was able to get on right away.
I'm sure you know what I'm referring too.
They also rode the train for almost 2 hours-their son has a fixation with trains.

OhMari
Thanks for the welcome. I am really enjoying this forum. Everyone is so nice and just so excited about Disney. I love it.

I did not know about this feature. Should I bring a doctor's note or something with me. I think GAC will help out so much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: