Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #1006
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I can't remember what Mom had but she had something.

That just made me laugh so hard!!

I love the sound of your last day - relaxing, fun, good food and beautiful pics of the fireworks with the EWP going on. I want to do that someday too!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #1007
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Oh LL I just loved this final update on your trip and look forward to your final musings about it as well! Love that you met Anita, that you road the "wildest ride in the wilderness" and that you saw Wishes from the Poly beach!! Truly a nice day and what a nice relaxing morning at the Pop before departure! Okay so if we "forget" about the other stuff, with the airport, etc., it sure seems like a good end to a great trip.

I enjoyed hearing all about it!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #1008
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

I'm sad this one is over but happily following along on ur PTR. Interested in your final thoughts.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #1009
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

What beautiful pictures of Wishes! It seems lke you had a very nice last day! Sorry about the kid, I know what you mean about just having enough with kids. It's sometimes not even the kids but the fact that the parents are oblivious to the fact that their children are annoying people around them! At least you had a good flight! I bet George was hilarious after 7 free beers!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #1010
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

It was great meeting you too! Your pictures from the Poly beach are amazing, I love the fact that you get to see the electrical light parade as well. I'm so sorry you had such a tough time with the rain and your feet then to top it off with rude parents and children at the airport. Not the best way to end the trip, but George did sound like fun!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #1011
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

What a great last two days! Relaxing by the pool on departuer morning sounds like heaven.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #1012
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful update, LL! (Even though it is the last update for this TR, and you know how I feel about that! )

I would love to hear your mom imitating your yelping on Big Thunder! That's hysterical! I am very proud of you for riding it though!

I love, love, love the picture of the Mickey Bar!!!

How cool that you got to meet Anita and gang! Your picture together turned out very cute!

You're right -- watching Wishes from the Poly beach was a great way to end your vacation!
Old 09-11-2009, 09:00 AM   #1013
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

A great ending to a wonderful TR I love that you managed to squeeze in one last cream cheese pretzel I can't wait to try one!!!

Old 09-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #1014
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Mini Dis Meet with Anita-very cool...

I know there was something I forgot-cream cheese pretzel......add to list...are they anything like the fried wontons (filled with cream cheese) at Yak & Yeti...?

I always think I'm going to hit my head on BTMRR too...

I wouldn't mind getting stuck on HM...

I think your last night sounds lovely...watching wishes from the Poly...

Wow-nice guy on your flight back-everyone should have such a nice flighmate...
Old 09-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #1015
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Sometimes it takes a little time and distance to get past the disapointment (in your case the weather and your foot pain) to focus on the good times. It is amazing how we take our health and the fact that Florida is sunny for granted isn't it?

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 09-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #1016
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Oh LL, I'm sorry about your feet.
The rain was pretty bad that week, but I had been spoiled. My first three trips only had one day of rain between them.
It was really great meeting you, and I had never been on CoP before so it was really great getting to experience that with a fellow DISSER.
The first trip I took I drove there but used the Disney transportation the rest of the time. The kids got pretty cranky by the end of the day (and so did I!) Since then on my subsequent trips I have used my own car and I don't think I will change that. Even if at some point I decide to fly down instead of drive I think I will rent a car, it is just so much more convenient.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #1017
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

What a fantastic last night! Wishes and the Water Pagent at the same time? Amazing! What music do they play on the beach- the Wishes music or the Water Pagent music?

Glad to head you conquered your fear of Big Thunder. It's one of my faves. (Nice going LL's mom )

I think my taste in food might be closer to your mom's than yours. The cream-cheese-filled prezzle looks nice, but the ice cream sounds more my style.

Looking forward to your final thoughts.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #1018
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

What a great last day!

I'm glad to hear that your mom treated you to a Mickey bar after your harrowing ride on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I don't care what anyone else says, I'm with you. The longer I have to wait for a ride, the higher the anticipation, the more nervous and scared I get. Quite frankly, if I could walk on to half these rides, I'd actually ride them!

Sounds like you really had a wonderful last day and I'm glad to hear that you had a great seatmate on the flight home. That makes all the difference in the world doesn't it? Yay for George!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #1019
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
The longer I have to wait for a ride, the higher the anticipation, the more nervous and scared I get. Quite frankly, if I could walk on to half these rides, I'd actually ride them!
TK- I don't know if you should have declared that publicly <insert evil laugh here>

Old 09-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #1020
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
TK- I don't know if you should have declared that publicly <insert evil laugh here>
Shoot.

Too late now.

You know Big Thunder Mountain is really fun at night.

Did I just say that????

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: