Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #961
MEK
DIS Veteran

I the piano pool. I think it is my favorite pool of all the value resorts. I love how is never really crowded and it has that tropical feel. But, boo, to ruining your pants.

I remember having those same chicken quesadillas on one of my ASMu trips - yummy.

Love the MK ceiling pics. No...I really never have looked at the ceilings in the stores, but I will next time.

Shoplifting....yuck! But I bet it happens all the time and I kind of wonder what they would do about it if they saw it happen. As much as they let people handle everything, it must happen more at Disney than regular stores. I bet they know they are always going to lose some revenue by shoplifters. I guess the rest of us paying customers more than make up for it!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #962
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

A full week without checking out the pool?! I am ashamed of you too! JUST KIDDING, of course! Glad you took some to relax although what a shame about the bleach and your pants. Although on the other hand am also thankful for the rigorous cleaning that Disney does!

Your chicken quesadilla looks YUM-O.

Ya know, I don't know that I've checked out the ceilings in the Main St shops. Will have to do that next time!

Would love to see the mickey pendants you both bought. to shoplifting in Disney. That's just wrong! But I'm sure it does happen.

No worries on update schedule. Sorry that you are feeling overwhelmed. As others have said, we're all rooting for you and will be here when you're ready for more!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #963
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

LL-that's cool the pool is piano themed...I really like the theming of the AsMU-I liked the Broadway section too...& the food court seemed to be pretty good...

Glad the feet were feeling better...

I know what you mean about feeling extra bad about shoplifting at the MK-it just seems so wrong there...not that it is ever right...but things like that aren't supposed to happen there-it's the happy, magic place...

Don't worry it'll all be good...everyone will be here when you're able to write again...

take really good care of yourself and try to relax and treat yourself really well before your surgery...

it will all be good and you'll have the fun of another trip all waiting for you...

Good thoughts, prayers and magic vibes coming your way...
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #964
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Oh sorry about the pants. That stinks!

You had such a relaxing day at the MK. Glad your feet were better.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Old 08-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #965
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Oh LL, so sorry to hear that your pants got ruined!!! But thanks for the tip!!! Sounds like a nice, peaceful morning with your Mom, I tend to not schedule quiet pool time in either when I'm there.....but hope to in September when we're there, too!

So sorry you're feeling overwhelmed....we're here if you feel up to "talking" or updating!!! In the meantime, take care of yourself and please know we're all routing for you and praying for you! We'll miss you!!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #966
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Ya know I am going to notice light fixtures so much more during this trip!! I was actually in NY this weekend and saw some really nice ones and immediately thought of you LL!! Haha, it's even happening in non-Disney places!! Sorry about your pants, never thought they would use bleach because of just this sort of thing happening. Hey your meals looked delicious though!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #967
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

Sounds like the day was just what the doctor called for - relaxing with down time for some mother/daughter bonding! Sounds like it was wonderful.

Sorry about your pants though. That's just terrible!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #968
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

What a very relaxing morning! That is a real bummer about your pants though! I am happy to read the the chairs are cleaned though... I'm surprised they don't clean them in the wee hours of the morning when it's least likely to have guests using them.

So glad your feet were feeling good and you could skip the scooter!

Completely understandable about feeling overwhelmed and all with everything you have going on - don't worry, take care of yourself - we'll be here when you are able to update!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #969
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Bleach?! Um, why? I mean, I understand and appreciate the desire to kill germs, but I think other anti-microbials might be a bit better suited to a pool chairs where people SIT!

I'm glad your mom dragged you to the pool and the two of you had a nice relaxing morning. You know, as much as I enjoyed having a TS restaurant at the BC I really missed the nice big food courts with lots of choices. Your breakfast and your lunch sound really good.

I do hope you get a chance to post pictures of your Disney jewelry, but completely understand your overwhelmed feelings right now. You do what you need to do for you. We're waiting here patiently and cheering you on.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 AM   #970
BellaSoleil
Mommy of Belle~ Wife of Goofy

I hate that you ruined your pants! That stinks!

I am one of those wierdos who loves the smell of bleach, though.

The quesadillas look so stinkin' good. Guess who's going through the Taco Bell drive through for quesadillas today?

Good luck with your surgery!!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, sweet girl!

Current PTR: For The First Time In Forever ~ An OCT PTR
Old 08-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #971
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Love the update....you girlies must have felt so relaxed!!!! I can't believe we are already up to your last full day!!!! Don't worry about taking some time...we will all be here for you when you are ready!!! Take it easy sweetie!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #972
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

How did I miss commenting on this?

Sorry!

Anyway, what a relaxing morning! I so need to do this! It sounds wonderful, with the exception of the ruined pants. What a bummer.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #973
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I had a black cover-up ruined at ASMu a couple of years ago. Then my DS got ketchup on one of his shirts and I tried the next day to it bleached out by rubbing it all over the loungers. It didn't work though. I did get some really funny looks from people though.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 08-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #974
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

We headed to the Castle Hub then Adventure land, Mom took these.

Crystal Palace is such a pretty place - the building and the trees and flowers around it!

Totally know about the overwhelming feelings. Life just gets in the way of our fun times too often. Hang in there, and know you have a bunch of Dis-crazies in your corner when you need a fix!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #975
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I could have sworn I commented on this post! Oh well...

Sorry about your pants, that really stinks. I had no clue they used bleach.

I'm glad you were able to walk around and your feet weren't bothering as bad. I'm sure the day off at AK helped a lot.

I'll be thinking about you and your upcoming surgery. :

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: