Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #946
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Nice AK update. Looks a little wet, but sounded like a good day. At least you weren't on your feet all day.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #947
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

So glad you gave up and got the scooter, LL! You would have died at AK if you hadn't....I feel like there is a lot of walking there....for some reason, probably cause I just go around and around and can never find my way!! LOL!!

Good find with the pins!! Would love to see pics!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #948
lovedonaldduck
Mouseketeer

I am glad you got the scooter, hopefully a day of rest made your feet better for the next day? I guess we will see.

I am excited to see the Lion King on our next trip to AK, we haven't made that one yet, although we did love Nemo.

It is so funny you mentioned your mom chickening out on EE, when we went in April my mom chickened out on everything, even Test Track, and my dad didn't ride EE. It was very weird for me, my parents are the reason I love thrill rides and I just couldn't imagine them not riding. I guess we are all getting older.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:53 AM   #949
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

I'm so glad you got to see Nemo! I knew you'd like it!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 07-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #950
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I am glad you got to go to the AK with your mom. I hope resting your feet made them feel better. I also really like the Nemo show. Of course the Lion King Show is great. Too bad you didn't get to ride EE, I love that ride. The light post with the butterflies is really cute.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #951
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I agree with everyone, I'm so glad you rented a scooter! You would have missed a great day with your Mom at AK. It looked like such a fun day!

Love the Nemo pictures. We love that show.

Drea, DH, DD 6 y.o., DS 4 y.o.

October 2007-POFQ,May 2008- Wilderness Lodge,November 2008 - Free Dining @ POP,October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort, May 2010 - Pop Century, November/December 2010 - CBR,, Leap Year Trip!-POP!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #952
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Oh my did I manage to get behind! Looks like you and your mom were having a great time at AK! I do love it there...It's too bad your mom wasn't up for EE, but you know, I bet she would love it if she tried it! Lauren (DBFF) was terrified of it at first too! I'm glad you got to get some relief with a scooter. You definately were in need of it!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #953
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

LL great update!! As everyone else said I am glad to got the scooter & had a great AK day!! We love Flame Tree!! I love sitting down by the water & watching EE. Those birds can be scary though!! Glad you enjoyed FOTLK. We were picked in May to open the doors before the show & got great seats. My camera is usually glued to my face & I can never get good pics but love love the show!!
Old 08-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #954
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Honey-with the way your feet were-you were so entitled to being using one of the wheeling scooters...I had to laugh when you bumped into an empty chair and excused yourself...-I've been known to walk into a wall and excuse myself...and btw-those birds at Flame Tree-totally freak me out...-very agressive-nothing like those sweet birds in Snow White...

Nemo is a great show-nice addition to the AK line up...great costuming and very cool choreography...

I'm glad you got two really cool pins...I saw a gnome today (sort of) when I took my children to our science museum...it was a picture comparing two gnomes for some scientific reason but I was just so excited I took a picture of the gnome picture -dd thought I was nuts but just rolled her eyes knowingly when I told her it was for Dis... I'll have to post it...
I can't stand the Disney birds in general, I feel like they are out to get me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The scooter was a fabulous idea. Why torture yourself even more and miss out on the Disney magic?

Love your light fixture photos. I've never realized how beautiful some of the Disney light fixtures are!
They really are beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yay for your Mom getting you the scooter, you deserved it! We've always enjoyed the Nemo and FOTLK shows but I'm hoping our Safari experience is a little better this time. The day was so flipping hot that we were hard pressed to see any animals at all.

Will the rain ever end for you? At least you got some good
Nope. The rain never did end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Just trying to peek in on as many reports as I can get to before I fall out dead tonight. It has been a great week at camp, and now we're off to the airport in the morning. Brooklynn was here and was very excited to see your Nemo pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Good decision on the scooter!!!!! I have been using one at the local grocery store this week - do the Disney ones beep when you back up? That is the worst part for me, EVERYONE in the aisle looks at Scooter Girl when it beeps! Tonight I totally clipped a display and just kept right on going - it was too embarrassing, so I know how you felt when you hit the chair! (Thankfully the display did NOT fall)

Total pin jackpot!! I love the Mickey gnome - and I didn't even realize there was a 5 legged goat pin, that is so creative and cool!

Bummer about the rain not letting up, but overall it did sound like a very nice and successful day at AK! And don't feel guilty about avoiding the lines and stuff, you were in some serious pain - I'm sure you would have traded to have good feet and would have happily waited in line. I dealt with some of that guilt being we can show up for shows 2 minutes before they start and get ushered to the very front with Joe's eye condition...but really...we would give ANYTHING for his eyes to be 'normal', so you deserve the extra little pixie dust of skipping a line a bit!
Oh yes it did beep! So embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
great tr subscribing! you got there the day we left! rain was miserable we had it 2
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am so glad that your mom suggested the scooter -- it probably made your day about 100% better, and you had some great scooter perks!

You are about the third or fourth person who has raved about the Nemo show -- I must see it!

Great safari pics -- the one with the lioness on the rock is awesome! Your mom did a good job being the photographer.

Stupid rain!

Yes, Mary Blair designed the mural at the Contemporary -- along with it's a small world, and the preliminary designs for The Three Cabelleros, Song of the South, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan! I her stuff! I did tell you that I bought the goat pin on ebay after you showed it to us on Minnie Nurse's PTR, didn't I?
It really did make my day so much better.

Yes you did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
You have a Mickey gnome pin....I'm so jealous I really really want to get one!! Hmmm...will have to go visit EBAY LOL!!!!

I'm so glad you went along with your mom and rented the scooter...now you were able to enjoy the park and have a great day at AK!! I love Nemo...and I'm so going to see FOTLK for the first time in Sept LOL!!

Lunch looked really yummy!!!!!

Great update!!!
Thank you.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #955
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygirl79 View Post
I generally lurk when reading trip reports so I haven't commeted here yet - but I was wondering if you, Jen, play Farkle on Facebook? I'm fairly certain I just played against you a moment ago! :-)
Thanks for de-lurking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Hey. I will be the first person to tell you there is nothing wrong with renting a scooter when you need it. I can't tell you how long it took us to convince Nana of that and some days we still have trouble. Sometimes, for whatever reason, walking is too much.

You needed one. And they are hard to drive, don't you feel bad at all! We've had some interesting moments as well, but we laugh and get over it. Seems like you were able to have a great day despite your hurting feet, and that's what matters.

Isn't it nice to go through the Safari without a camera? I stopped taking pictures a while back, because I just wasn't enjoying myself. It's so hard to get good shots (with my camera) on that ride, and now I just look, enjoy, and relax. Nice feeling, really.
It was really nice to not worry about the camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
You poor girl with those painful feet! Glad you got some respite during your AK day with the scooter.

The chandelier and the ceiling itself in that England shop was so gorgeous!! Your meal at Rose and Crown looked so good! Think I may have to add it to my list.
It's a worthy addition in my opinion, so very yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
I was going to suggest the body glide, but it sounds like you are set for next time. I use the body glide and it works wonders. I put it on my toes and my heal, just to be on the safe side. And the times when I have forgotten to do it and have gotten the smallest of blisters, I just put some body glide on it before my next outing and it doesn't get any worse, which is good.
Thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I think the scooter was a great idea. Hopefully, it allowed your feet to heal a little. I love the Lion King show. I haven't seen Finding Nemo yet. We ate at Flame Tree BBQ the last time we were there. Did the birds bother you? They were all over in the area where we sat.
Yes they did. They get so close and they are menacing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Oh I'm so glad you rented a scooter. It saved your feet and you still got to see AK. No reason for you to have to stay in your room. Don't feel guilty about the perks of scooters, you had an honest reason for needing one and gosh darnnit for all of the rain and pain you've had during your trip you deserved a few perks!! I love FOTLK, it's my all time favorite show at Disney. I also really like the Nemo show, I didn't the first time we saw it but the second time for some reason I loved it. My bf just saw the pictures that you posted and he seemed to like it too so it'll definitely be on our to do list!!
I really did need the scooter and if I am ever in that position again I would not hesitate to rent another one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelBug86 View Post
YAYYY!!! You rented a scooter I was hoping you would! My Dad needed to rent 1 once b/c he was just recovering from open heart surgery (Tripple Bypass- He is very healthy, just has hereditary heart problems) He was also very ashamed of being 'that person' in the scooter- but it was our annual Christmas trip and there's no way we were going w/o him!!! Sooo he bit the bullet and rented the scooter- HE HAD A BLAST! Scooting all over the place, seeing how fast he could go
There is absolutely no shame in renting a scooter (as long as you really need it!!) And it sounds like you had a terrific day at AK Congrats on getting the pins that you wanted!
It was a lot of fun. It was nice way to soak in different details too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Scooter MOJO!!!!!! It sounds like your fears about using the scooter were somewhat melted away by the good fortune you had with lines!

Flametree Pulled Pork Sandwich...a little bit o heaven between a bun.

PINS! Must...resist....pins.....
Good luck resisting those pins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I'm glad you set aside your pride and got the scooter. You had wasted enough time on your feet and rain. It was time to enjoy and it sounds like you did. Your mom is awesome!
She really is! I am so glad she talked me into the scooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey there LL! I am so glad your mom got there! What a great treat. I was thinking that would be fun with my own mom some day She has never been. RE her taking are of you -- well, that is what us mom's do! I guess it is reassuring that even in your 20s and 30s, and 40s, etc, that this is still someone who feels that urge!!!! Being a mother myself, it is nice to have someone take care of ME for a change!!! SO you definitely got that I can tell!!!! Now, regarding your feet, I am so sorry that this kept causing your trouble, raw blisters? OUCH!!! At Disney, No good. She was wise to suggest the scooter, and to heck with what other people think, I hope that didn't get in your way of enjoying that day with your mom, I hope it did help.

Looking forward to your next post, and I am so glad she is there with you!!!
It is very reassuring to be taken care of! Even now as an adult whenever I am sick I have to make sure my Mom knows. I had a horrible case of the flu last November, I was out of work for days, could barely lift my head off the pillow and I still made Marc call my mom and even though I didn't talk to her made him tell her I was sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I'm glad you tried the scooter! Sounds like it saved the day! Good to know that they are relatively easy to get the hang of. I would wind up driving it into the tiger area or into the river I am so uncoordinated and non-mechanical!

So you liked the shows, did you? If you could only do one, which one would it be? Nemo?

Sounds like I will be avoiding Flame Tree like the plague - I do not like aggressive birds.

If you've showed pictures of the pins, I've forgotten. Will you show them again? They sound cool!
I will post pins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hey LL:

I read your update yesterday and I didn't have time to comment. Then when I came back to DIS later, I thought I had already commented. Geeze - talk about a foggy brain. Do you know when I remembered I hadn't commented - just as I was falling asleep last night! LOL

Anyway - I am glad you rented a scooter because you suffered much too much with those painful feet. I believe that anyone who needs a scooter should rent one. Look at the perks that come with a scooter! Anyway, who are any of us to judge why someone does or doesn't need a scooter. Kudos to you for jumping right on there and not hitting anything. If I ever need to rent one, watch out, because I'll probably be running over everyone and everything in my path.

I just hope you feet do well during your next trip!
I really hope they do too. I have been breaking in those sneakers and flip flops and so far so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwharp View Post
I have to chime in and say that I'm also glad you got the scooter You pay a lot of money to be at Disney, you shouldn't have to sit in your room!! Great idea - I don't think I'd hesitate to do it. I think I'll put Nemo on our list to see this year - we've never seen it. That pulled pork looks deee-licious!
Nemo is a great show! I really loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
Nice AK update. Looks a little wet, but sounded like a good day. At least you weren't on your feet all day.
Yes, the rain didn't bother me as much this day since I wasn't so miserable with my feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
So glad you gave up and got the scooter, LL! You would have died at AK if you hadn't....I feel like there is a lot of walking there....for some reason, probably cause I just go around and around and can never find my way!! LOL!!

Good find with the pins!! Would love to see pics!!
I agree with the lot of walking at AK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
I am glad you got the scooter, hopefully a day of rest made your feet better for the next day? I guess we will see.

I am excited to see the Lion King on our next trip to AK, we haven't made that one yet, although we did love Nemo.

It is so funny you mentioned your mom chickening out on EE, when we went in April my mom chickened out on everything, even Test Track, and my dad didn't ride EE. It was very weird for me, my parents are the reason I love thrill rides and I just couldn't imagine them not riding. I guess we are all getting older.
Getting older is scary! Mom wasn't sure about the drop she could see. It was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I'm so glad you got to see Nemo! I knew you'd like it!
It was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I am glad you got to go to the AK with your mom. I hope resting your feet made them feel better. I also really like the Nemo show. Of course the Lion King Show is great. Too bad you didn't get to ride EE, I love that ride. The light post with the butterflies is really cute.
I hope to ride EE in September!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I agree with everyone, I'm so glad you rented a scooter! You would have missed a great day with your Mom at AK. It looked like such a fun day!

Love the Nemo pictures. We love that show.
It was a really good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Oh my did I manage to get behind! Looks like you and your mom were having a great time at AK! I do love it there...It's too bad your mom wasn't up for EE, but you know, I bet she would love it if she tried it! Lauren (DBFF) was terrified of it at first too! I'm glad you got to get some relief with a scooter. You definately were in need of it!
I bet she would have really liked it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
LL great update!! As everyone else said I am glad to got the scooter & had a great AK day!! We love Flame Tree!! I love sitting down by the water & watching EE. Those birds can be scary though!! Glad you enjoyed FOTLK. We were picked in May to open the doors before the show & got great seats. My camera is usually glued to my face & I can never get good pics but love love the show!!
It's a great show! I hope to get some good pics next time.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #956
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Citizen's Arrest!

Friday May 29th. Day 8.

Mom woke up first this day and woke me up shortly after. I tried to pretend I was still sleeping but that didn't work out too well. Mom wanted to get going!

Get going where? The pool of course! Could you believe I had been in Disney for a FULL WEEK and hadn't checked out the pool yet? I was ashamed at myself. We headed to the piano pool right near the Broadway section and claimed ourselves a nice little table with an umbrella. Mom took our refillable mugs and went to get breakfast. She brought back another croissant breakfast sandwich for me and I think she had an omelets. YUM! Such a good breakfast.

We both sat and read, Mom trying to get sun. Me staying under the umbrella because my neck was really red no matter how much sunscreen I was putting on it. When I got back home, it was horribly burnt. It took me awhile to heal and finally I checked one of the medications I am on and it says to avoid prolonged sun. I think that is what made it worse on my neck, I plan to really lather on the sunscreen in September.

We had a nice morning, we took a couple dips in the pool and just relaxed. I was loving it. I kept thinking to myself, "Why didn't I do this earlier!?"

My one picture from the morning. I meant to take more.

The only down thing about our time at the pool was that we could smell bleach. It was really bugging Mom but not so much me. Well I stood up and I was wearing black gaucho pants and GUESS WHAT!?! They spray the chairs down with bleach and guess who's pants were ruined? Yep, that would be me. Grrr. Oh well. I wasn't going to let it rain on my parade. Just be warned if you are at the pools in the early mornings!

After we showered and were ready for the day we headed to the food court to partake in some lunch.

Mom had the sandwich, I had the chicken quesadilla again. Two thumbs up from both of us. I was pleasantly surprised by the options at the food court, usually I stick with burgers and chicken fingers but everything I had this week was so yummy.

For dessert I had this....mmmmmmmmmmm.

So where were we headed? Magic Kingdom of course! We finished our lunch around 2:30PM and it's POURING outside. Sigh. We waited out the rain a bit inside the lobby and when it slowed down we went to the bus. It was just very lightly sprinkling at this point so we were good to go. We hopped on a bus and away we went.

My feet this day were feeling good. I knew I wouldn't get overwhelmed by Magic Kingdom so I skipped the scooter and we headed down Main Street. We browsed the shops, Mom was looking for a souvenir. She was debating between a watch, necklace or a tshirt.

I took these while she browsed.

Have you ever really looked at the ceilings in those shops? They are just gorgeous!

Channeling my inner MeMom again.

Mom was still undecided but I bought a card of earrings which were three pairs of Mickey Head earrings and I also bought some Mickey and Minnie socks. So cute. I love wearing them.

We headed to the Castle Hub then Adventure land, Mom took these.

We decided to hit up the Tiki Birds first and we walked right into the show with no waiting. We made it just the nick of time.

I love this part of the show...it's the only picture that is decent.

After we headed to Pirates! We made it through the queue fairly quickly and were on our ship in no time. No pictures. I squealed during the drop, again. Mom declared this her favorite ride. It always has been too, for as long as I can remember.

After Pirates we looked at the little kiosk of jewelry and crystal that is across the way. We were looking at pendants, there was a young girl in our way. She was being really rude and blocking up half of the cart. I was really annoyed because I was trying to help Mom look. She left after a few minutes and Mom whispers to me "She just shoplifted those rings!" I couldn't believe it! A shoplifter right before my very eyes and I completely missed it. I was shocked Mom didn't stop her, she tends to do that kind of thing. What was even more astounding was that the CM at the cart wasn't even looking. She was daydreaming and had her back to the majority of the goods. Very weird. I felt a bit violated that the real world invaded my Disney trip. Mom did end up buying a pendant. Hers is better. I did end up buying one later that day and I don't like mine half as much as hers. I'm going to try to borrow hers for my Fall trip.

Coming up...
The rest of our last full day!

I am not sure when the next update will be. I am overwhelmed! I have a lot going on at work and personally with my surgery coming up in 24 days! Please forgive me if I neglect this TR for a few weeks. I promise to finish it before I leave for my September trip though!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #957
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Great update! Wow I did not realize they put bleach on the chairs!! Best of luck with your surgery
Old 08-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #958
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Great update. I've always thought about how many things must get stollen from those carts. The CMs never seem to be watching them well.

So sorry that your pants got ruined! Did you complain? I don't usually complain but I think I would have about that. You would think that they would warn you about BLEACH!!

Don't get overwhelmed about your surgery...you are going to be fine! PM me your address again when you have a chance....I'll send you a little pick me up!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #959
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ah, I love relaxing by a Disney pool, but what a shame about your pants! Who would have thought Disney would use to bleach on their pool chairs?

The food at the All Stars looks very yummy!

Shopping at Magic Kingdom! Always fun! We do get souvenir pics at the end of the TR, right?

Don't worry -- we will still be here when you can finish! I totally understand the overwhelmed feeling!
Old 08-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #960
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Awww...I'm glad you were finally able to enjoy the pool and do some relaxing with your mom!!

Of course its a bummer that you got bleach on your black pants...that is no fun at all!!!

The food from the food court at ASMu looks amazing...yummy!!!

Those light fixture pictures are amazing...I'll have to look more carefully at the ceiling next time! I'm glad you had a great time at MK...even with the little thief your mom observed...that is just so wrong!!!

Take all the time you need to relax and concentrate on your, especially before your surgery!! I will be here waiting to read more when you return!!!!

....well the nap failed...too wound up...but I was happy I had a few moments to come read your update...as always a wonderful job was done!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: