Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 09:36 PM   #901
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray! Your mom has arrived! I am sorry though that one of the first things she did was change from DHS to Epcot and nixed Brown Derby .

Poor LL! I can't imagine the pain you were in with your feet!

Cracked me up that your mom told a complete stranger about your light fetish!

Seeing your Rose and Crown pictures made me crave it something fierce!

I do hope that you are able to make it through AK the next day!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #902
GlassSlippers
Mouseketeer

I read somewhere a right before our first Disney trip that one of the biggest causes of blisters is dampness causing extra friction. If you spray your feet with antiperspirant, they won't sweat so you reduce the chance of getting blisters. We tried it and now we do it any time we'll be walking long distances. I carry a travel sized stick of antiperspirant with me just in case what I used in the morning wears off. Neither my DD nor I have had a single one since. It might be worth a try for you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #903
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

sorry about the feet....so sad.

man, people keep talking about Rose and Crown. I have never heard so many positive comments as I have heard recently. I am definitely gonna have to give it a try.....

epcot and you are not friends....so much walking required at this park....your poor feet.

you have definitely opened my eyes to light fixtures..great thing about the DIS you learn so many other cool things about WDW...
Old 07-22-2009, 06:07 AM   #904
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

OMG I can't believe all of the foot pain you had. How terrible! I hope you never experience that again. No fun at all!

What do you use for blister prevention/care? I'm VERY prone to blisters and would love your advice.

I love the carpet bag witht he lamp coming out. I have to find that when we go in August. I'm reading Mary Poppins with my third grade class and think they'll get a kick out of it!

Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #905
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about all the foot pain, I hope September will be much better for your feet. I always wear my sneakers in the morning and switch to flip flops for the evenings after our mid day break. It works really well for me.

Sorry you didn't get to go back to Brown Derby, but Rose & Crown is so good. We went there on our last trip and loved it. It looks like you still got in a nice tour of the World Showcase for your mom despite your feet. You didn't seem to miss much. It was so nice of you to be such a trooper to make your mom's vacation more magical, what a sweet daughter.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 AM   #906
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post

When we arrived at Epcot we went to the ticket window to upgrade the 1 day pass for Mom into a 4 day park hopper.
LL: Was this a one day ticket that you purchased? The reason I am asking is my DH and I will have 2 one day tickets from our "free dining" trip in september. Can I give them to other people to upgrade into a park pass?

Sorry about your plans changing for Brown Derby. I know you love it, but your meal at R&C looks pretty good. I'm sorry I changed my ADR there for September. Oh well, next time!

Quote:
Wednesday May 27th. Day 6.

She had already Mickey-fied her purse! Hehehe.

.[/I]
Such a cute picture of your mom! You look so much alike!

Kudos to you for waiting 70 minutes for Soarin. No WONDER your feet were killing you at the end of the day. Sorry you ended up giving away your later FP's, but I'm sure you made someone's day a little

Quote:

As I was taking this picture, I hear my mom say to a gentleman that is looking at me...."She has a thing for light fixtures. You should see all the pictures she takes of them."

Oh.

My.

I was so embarassed!

Mothers!

She got a big kick out of my embarassment so she was very pleased with herself.
Love this picture. Almost worth the embarassment you had to endure to get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie;32808923
We did a slow tour of the countries. I most remember Morrocco because I love the light fixtures.

[img
http://ladylallie.smugmug.com/photos/556050278_Ntsaa-M.jpg[/img]

Absolutely beautiful. I never really made it to the countries on my trip, so I will be going indepth on the Sept trip!

LL - This was such a great update! It sounds like you had a fabulous first day with your mom. so sorry that you feet are still such a mess. I hope AK day brings better feet!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #907
kschafer
DIS Veteran

I don't think I have posted much but I am reading along! So exciting for your mom to arrive and dinner looked divine!! Your poor feet, you do have this problem figured out for the next trip right?

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
Old 07-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #908
dlwharp
Mouseketeer

Just found your TR the other day and subscribed. So sorry about your feet. I really feel for you - I have the same problem and keeping my feet from hurting is priority #1 for me at Disney. Not only blisters, but keeping my feet from aching from walking. Last year on our first night I made the mistake of walking very fast around the entire "world" (in the WRONG shoes!) at EPCOT during F&W to get something from one of the stands and killed my feet that very first night. Like you, sometimes I was in tears from the pain. I hope you find something that works for you!!

Love your light fixture photos - cool idea! I will certainly be much more aware of them on our next trip.
2003 - Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Magic 2004 - SSR/Disney Magic 2006 & 2007 - Old Key West 2008 - DVC Member Cruise/Boardwalk 2009 - AKL/SSR
January 2010 - Disney Cruise / August 2010 - AKL/Old Key West /
December 2010-Boardwalk / September 2011-AKL-DVC Member Cruise-Boardwalk/ October 2013-AKL-Disney Dream-Beach Club
Old 07-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #909
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

YOU SKIPPED THE BROWN DERBY ???? The shock, the horror!!! That's all I got out of this post... LOL Just Kidding!!
I cannot believe your poor feet! But you should be proud that you did SO MUCH despite all the pain you were in. Rose & Crown looked reallllly good, I haven't been in a few years! OH- and So You Think You Can Dance is my all time favorite (reality) show!!! The choreographers are brilliant, aren't they?! I'm sure you and Momma LL are going to have a great next day! I just know it!

Old 07-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #910
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry to hear how bad your feet got. I don't see how you walked to all with your feet being one giant blister. I am glad you got to eat where you wanted to though. I hope you find a way to not be in so much pain.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #911
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry your feet were giving you so much trouble!! Especially, when you are at Disney and there is tons of walking!! On the bright side, the pictures of you and your mom are so cute! I love your pink shirt! It is so pretty!
Old 07-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #912
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I'm all caught up!!! So glad you were able to enjoy some rides, some good food, and shopping with your Mom on her first day!!! I feel SO badly for you though about your feet!!! I can only imagine the pain you were in!!!! I am praying that none of us in September have to suffer the same problem!!! I hope it gets better at some point before you have to leave!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 AM   #913
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Nice update. Sorry to hear you missed out on Brown Derby and more of Hollywood Studios, but it sounds like you had fun with your momat EPCOT. So glad you got to get into Rose and Crown. I've never done Nine Dragons but I can't imagine it being as good as Rose and Crown.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #914
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I knew you were worried about your feet heading into the trip, but the blisters were unexpected, right? So how was the other pain you were having pre-trip?

You were very gracious when your Mom wanted to change your HBD ressie, so in my opinion you were repaid by getting that R&C ressie. Way to go !
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #915
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Your meal at R&C looks great!! So sorry to hear about those darn feet. My husband used to get blisters (not as bad as yours) but once he started using Body Glide & Moleskin he never had an more blisters. PLEASE go out & by some for your September trip!!! I hope your feet get better for your next day with Mom.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: