Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #856
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
She was so grateful that I offered to hold her coffee and she told me not to worry about the seat. We had a nice chat on our way to MK. I love Disney moments like that.
I love chatting with people at Disney -- it's always so nice!

Quote:
I really enjoyed walking slowly, taking in all the little details. It's so nice to be solo and not worry about anyone else having a good time or getting on the rides they want to ride.
I want a solo trip!

Quote:
I remember it being lame-o last time but maybe I am becoming more lame-o because I really liked it this time.
You crack me up, LL!

Quote:
Now I was standing in line, I heard people asking if this is the Fastpass line...I chalked it up to people not knowing what they were talking about. About 5 minutes later, there was a new group behind the Mom & Daughter pair. Then I hear the daughter say, "Don't even try that Fastpass crap with us. You just cut all those poor people and you know very well that you don't have a Fastpass ticket."
This is classic! I love it!

Quote:
I was soaked from head to toe. The rain was just whipping right through the bus stop. I was in the front of the line and I had my back to where the rain was coming through and my hair was plastered towards the front. I looked real pretty.
Quote:
The best I remember, it rained pretty much the whole night.
Ugghhh! That stinks!

Great update, LL! I always love reading about your trip!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:30 PM   #857
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you enjoyed some of your solo time!

Sorry you had a bad experience at CHH...I love the theming there as well..You know I never noticed the light fixtures there until those pix....I'll have to look again.

Sometimes the best thing about being at WDW and alone is the option to stay in your room! Glad you were able to get some rest and just relax before your mom got there.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2009, 09:16 AM   #858
lovedonaldduck
DIS Veteran

Your solo day is making me so jealous. This weekend I was talking to DH and mentioned taking DD by myself for a day trip if he didn't feel like going again and he was all insulted that I didn't want him to go with us. A solo trip is going to take a lot of work. I'll just enjoy your solo trip for now.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #859
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

It sounds like your day was wonderful! Sounds very relaxing in spite of the rain and your feet.

The photopass pics are great too. I love the new balloon shots!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 07-20-2009, 09:49 AM   #860
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pffft! I should wait until tomorrow....

Not nice!

Love, love, love the photopass pictures. I am another one who is not big on the photopass pics, but I so want one holding them Mickey balloons now. DS wanted one of those balloons the first trip and we had to explain to him we would get it but he could not take it home since we fly. He is now 10 and made a comment the other day that it is too bad he cant get one of those Mickey head balloons. He still has not gotten over it. Poor mis-treated kid.

That was really nice of you to hold the coffee for the lady who had to stand, thats why I love Disney!

Philharmagic is my favorite 3D show also, I dont think I could ever watch it to many times.

Sorry about your missing pics. I hate when that happens.

How many memory cards do you use normally?
Old 07-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #861
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Not nice!
Thirteen days!!

Just had to get that out of my system, phew!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #862
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Thirteen days!!

Just had to get that out of my system, phew!
Dont think I could be smiling any bigger. I am so ready.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #863
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Such great Photopass pics!!

I can't believe you are missing photos. I wonder if they got deleted or they just stored incorrectly somehow?

I hope your feet get better!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 07-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #864
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you were about to squeeze in a little fun in between down pours. I can't imagine what it would be like to be at WDW alone. I am sure it would be more relaxing that way. But, I don't know if I would like it or not. I look forward to hearing about the arrival of your mom.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #865
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

I'm so mad that the rain ruined your plans again!!! Oh well, the day wasn't a complete waste- at least you got another cream cheese pretzel!! The hooligan story was too funny! I remember somebody using that at some point on a previous trip, but I couldn't figure out what they were doing... the ride didn't even have the fast pass option (it was the little race cars at MK) so I just looked at them with a confused stare

Old 07-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #866
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

LL-I think its cute that you thought Haunted Mansion was a little creepy to ride alone-I can that...I love HM a lot but I've always ridden it my someone...it would be creepy to ride it by yourself...

Power to the ladies-I'm so glad that that mom and daughter called those hooligans out on the butting in line...I really hate line butters-and if I see them they aren't pulling that on me- and I'm fairly soft spoken but that kind of thing just makes me so mad... Didn't they get the same rule book as the rest of us?

Hmmm...that cream cheese pretzel sounds like a very yummy snack...it the cream cheese sweet or savory?

I think you're making the best of the rain...your still in Disney right?...We had a very rainy May here as well because usually May is a pretty sunny month-you know-April showers bring May flowers...

Very Sorry about the photos-that isn't very fun...
Old 07-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #867
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Oh your Lame-O comment had me just LAUGHING.... SO funny... a philosophical moment from LL.... to be lame or not to be lame, that is the question?

On the Columbia House, YEAH, I agree, the fish didn't look that great... Hmmm.. never eaten there myself, but is sounds like it is normally good!

A solo trip to MK and beyond... yeah, with CP on that one HEAVENLY.....

I think having that time to just explore would be great!!

RAIN and BUSSES that take FOREVER.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

BUT, that being said -- SO excited to hear about your mom and daughter trip!!!! Good times ahead!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 AM   #868
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

fellow bostonian! loving the TR!!!!!!!!!! we were there the week before you so I feel you pain with the monsoons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS ,DMOM,DB , DSIL,DAunt
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *
Old 07-21-2009, 04:27 AM   #869
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

OK....finally decided.....this is my favorite. I have a thing for Mickey! He beats out all those skinny princesses!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #870
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OK....finally decided.....this is my favorite. I have a thing for Mickey! He beats out all those skinny princesses!
I agree! And Donald Duck and Daisy have larger than average behinds, so I like them too!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: