Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #841
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

I just wanted to say that I am really enjoying your trip report.

I read your last one from your honeymoon and enjoyed that one as well....

Looking forward to the rest of your trip with your mom.

Denise
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #842
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Could the missing pictures be on the internal memory of the camera? not on a card?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #843
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Weird about the missing pictures! I knew 5 just couldn't be right!

Sounds like overall a nice day. A DIS meet, CoP, your pretzel, CHH - which I'm going to have to try, Pirates.

Good for that girl shutting down the hooligans. Don't mess with DISers!

So Country Bear Jamboree? You enjoyed? I may have to try that again. I remember liking it as a kid. I may try Tiki again too.

The bus stop experience sounds frustrating. I did notice on my last trip that Disney seemed to keep "extra" buses queued up near the bus stops and would assign them as the queues got long. Too bad that didn't happen to you. I could be imagining it but I also think there is something about the value resort buses - either fewer of them or that many more ppl trying to get on them?? One night at Epcot I had to wait for the THIRD bus to Pop.

Yeah for your Mom arriving tomorrow with blister reinforcements. I feel so badly that your feet were in such tough shape. I really hope that doesn't happen again in Sept!

Old 07-19-2009, 12:18 PM   #844
DISNEYatw
Earning My Ears

That's really weird that your pics were not on your camera. They could be on the internal memory, hopefully they are.....

That is just too FUH NEE about the mother/daughter behind you telling those teens how it is.. AND Cudos to you for riding POTC by yourself and surviving the drop!!!!

I'm glad that you got another day of needed rest for you feet, I hope that when your mom arrives that your feet feel much better with all of the supplies she's bringing. Mom's are the greatest!!!

Can't wait to here about the rest of your trip and I'm staying up to date on your PRT, sounds like you're going to have a wonderful, truly relaxing trip...

Next Trip August 2009
Old 07-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #845
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

A day by myself at MK--- that sounds heavenly. Sorry that you got soaked as you waited for the buses... that stinks since you were trying to beat the rain.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #846
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I am bewildered by the memory card and the photos. Must...solve...this...mystery! Seriously, that's weird. What a bummer.

Sounds like you had a really nice start to your day and enjoyed some Magic Kingdom alone time. You definitely got on some of my favorites, and I love to read about them.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #847
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Oh no!! I hope you find your pictures!! That's so weird. Great update though!! Oh and in response to your response, I loved the Tinkerbell movie too!! I'm excited they're making another one!! Yay!! I love Tinkerbell!! Sounds like you had another relaxing night, sorry you got wet though!! It was probably good for your feet again to just relax though. Can't wait for more and hear how your mom liked the trip!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #848
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That is so strange about your camera eating your pictures! But, I find it pretty funny that 4 of the 5 are light fixtures!

And more rain! Ugh! But, it does sound like you got quite a bit in before the rain and had a decent day at MK-and not much foot pain!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #849
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up! I loved the Photopass pictures. So weird about the pictures missing from your memory card.

I'm with you on HM -- I LOVE it and it's one of my very favorite rides, but I don't think I'd be able to ride it alone, either. I need someone with me to hold on to.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 07-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #850
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Your tour of the MK solo seems so relaxing!

The cream cheese pretzel sounds yummy

Old 07-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #851
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

OOH a DISmeet...how fun was that!! I'm so glad you were able to meet up with them and enjoy COP together!!!

Awww...I'm sorry you didn't have the best experience at CHH I really enjoyed their fish when I went, must have been an off day!!!

And more rain...boo that is no fun at all...and to get soaked...yucky!! However we do have your mom coming to look forward too and I can't wait to hear about all the little things you guys did!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #852
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Your day at MK sounds so nice....love all the breaks and the shows you decided on...that probably helped your tootsies some! I laughed about your reaction to HM and POC by yourself, I think I'd be the same way!!! And I don't blame you one bit for calling it a day and staying in....that rain sounds HORRIBLE!!!! Yay..your Mom is on her way!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!
Old 07-19-2009, 04:50 PM   #853
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I love Columbia Harbor House! We always sit upstairs. I had the chicken and fish combo when I was there the last time. The atmosphere is really nice. I would be kind of freaked out to ride the Haunted Mansion by myself too. for being brave!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #854
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Tuesday May 26th. Day 5, Part 1.

I didn't wait too long for a MK bus and was able to grab a seat. That was important with my feet. I sat down every chance that I got. I did feel a little bad because there was a mother who came on the bus, the rest of her party was split up all over the bus and she had her little girl with her. She was also carrying two cups of coffee. No way she could hold them and the handle. I told her that I would be more than happy to hold her coffee and that I would give her my seat but I had hurt my feet and didn't really want to stand up. She was so grateful that I offered to hold her coffee and she told me not to worry about the seat. We had a nice chat on our way to MK. I love Disney moments like that.

I love meeting nice people at the world. It's really all part of the magic!

After our ride, Cynthia and her daughters went to find a Dole Whip and I went and had another Cream Cheese Pretzel. I think this is my favorite snack at Disney World. So good!
am putting the Cream Cheese Pretzel on my "must do" list for September!

Winnie the Pooh and Snow White had long wait times so I passed on those. I decided to see Mickey's Philharmagic. The line was outside but in no time at all I was inside and I could have sworn that I took pictures of the posters inside, in fact I know I did but they are not on my memory card. Weird.
Sorry you can't find you pics! That stinks!

The fish was way overcooked and hard to eat. I barely ate any of it. The chicken was good, your basic chicken. I'd try Columbia Harbour House again but I wouldn't order the fish again.
Bummer.

I really did enjoy the atmosphere of Columbia Harbour House. It's very pretty and colonial. I just love it!

I like it too. It's a really cool atmosphere.

After lunch I headed to Haunted Mansion. I will admit...I was a little creeped out riding this by myself. But I survived and really enjoyed it.
I remember feeling a little freaked out when I rode it by myself, too.

I made my way over to Frontierland and looked in a bunch of the little shops. I usually don't spend a lot of time in Frontierland since I usually skip Splash and BTMRR. After the shops I went to wait for the Country Bear Jamboree. I hadn't done this on my last few trips. I remember it being lame-o last time but maybe I am becoming more lame-o because I really liked it this time. Glad you enjoyed it this time!

I was just in front of these ladies, looked like Mom and Daughter. They were very much in the know, I figured they were probably DISers but I didn't say anything. Now...we had about a 15 minute wait or so, so not a horribly long wait or anything.

Now I was standing in line, I heard people asking if this is the Fastpass line...I chalked it up to people not knowing what they were talking about. About 5 minutes later, there was a new group behind the Mom & Daughter pair. Then I hear the daughter say, "Don't even try that Fastpass crap with us. You just cut all those poor people and you know very well that you don't have a Fastpass ticket."

Apparently these hooligans were cutting poor people in line who didn't know any better! What jerks. Stuff like this annoys the crap out of me, just wait your turn. That's ridiculous and Annoying!

I had a nice cruise with Captain Jack, though it was really freaky going on that drop by myself. Agreed!

I was soaked from head to toe. The rain was just whipping right through the bus stop. I was in the front of the line and I had my back to where the rain was coming through and my hair was plastered towards the front. I looked real pretty. Ok - This rain is starting to get on MY nerves and its not even my trip!

I was very much looking forward to Mom coming the next day. She was bringing blister supplies and more socks for me since I hadn't packed them for everyday of the trip. Her flight was getting in around 10:30 so I wasn't planning on heading anywhere in the morning...I'd just wait for her call when she was on the Magical Express.
Yeah - We're finally going to meet mom!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #855
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed our CHH to go, but I had the tuna sandwich. VERY yummy!

Boo to more rain! You almost made it out dry, LL! I think another night of rest and foot recuperation sounds good. Hope it helped!

AND I agree with ILuv XU. A day in the MK alone sounds wonderful.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: