Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #691
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Jen- count me in with you for never getting the Cowboy scene!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #692
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
We made it into the park and greeted an old friend.

BO!!!! I can't wait to show Chelsea!

Quote:
Jen, with her good feet took off to get our Toy Story Mania Fastpasses and I slowly moseyed my way up to the Great Movie Ride, taking lots of pictures as I went.
You know I loved all of your photos from Hollywood Boulevard and the GMR!

Quote:
I know a lot of people don't like The Great Movie Ride, or think it needs to be updated but I adore it. I love movies, Hollywood, anything that has to do with it and I just get so giddy when I'm on the ride.
I love it, too! I love movies so that might be why.

Quote:
We were able to get a front row seat! Yay!! It was kinda neat to be that close to the CM.
I am sooo jealous! We have never ridden in the front before!

Quote:
We got the gangster! A female gangster at that! I was super happy. Jen told me that she didn't think the cowboy existed.
I've had both.

Quote:
After our journey into the movies, we headed to the shop underneath the big ugly hat and pin shopped. I had my list from my cubicle mate and bought her some pins...and a few for myself and heck throw in that mystery pin for $1 too. Yeah...I have a pin addiction.
Reading this made me want to go look at pins on ebay!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #693
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I didn't know there was a cowboy version of the Great Movie Ride. I have only seen the gangster. I can't resist the $1.00 pins either.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #694
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

First of all ...
I did not see Bo until we were leaving... duh!

Secondly did you see the princesses on the horses like the carousel? (Jim Shore) right beside the ones you took a picture of? I thought they were super cute, in fact my girls are getting them for Christmas from Grandma!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #695
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
I know just what Henry and I will be watching tomorrow morning during our breakfasts!

Quote:

I am so sorry to hear about MORE RAIN. However, I LOVE the effect the rain had on the above pictures. Beautiful. I think that last one of the blurry Dumbo is my fav. Speaking of blurry Dumbo...did you ever get the exact shot you wanted for that?

Quote:

More stunning pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
After our ride as we were getting off, I heard a lady ask a CM how many miles they walk in a day on that moving walkway. The CM told her that they average 12 miles per shift! WOW! That is a lot! I am still amazed by this.
Wow!! That's amazing. What a workout!

Loved your Spectro pics too. Sounds like a pretty good night overall-despite the rain. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well Jen! I've already read the next update, so I know you were better by morning.

Quote:
We got the gangster! A female gangster at that! I was super happy. Jen told me that she didn't think the cowboy existed.
I've never had the Cowboy either. Or a chick gangster! THAT RULES!

My guess is you saw the characters from Up!

I sure hope you can take pictures in that store because I took DOZENS. It's such a cool shop!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #696
MEK
DIS Veteran

uggghhhhh! What did you see? Tell me! Tell me!

I love your pictures of GMR! I missed it this trip because the lines were out the door. I like it, but I don't love it enough to stand in those lines! In all the times I've done it, I've always gotten the gangster.....except once. Last December we got the cowboy. Our first trip in 2002 we had THE BEST gangster! She was excellent. I'm not sure if I'm baised because it was our first trip. But she nailed the part to perfection. She was a tiny little blond who did the Jersey accent perfectly. It was sooooooo fun!

Glad you guys are having a great morning and curious to see if Jen decides to leave before TSM.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 AM   #697
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

I love the Great Movie Ride too. Wouldn't mind seeing it updated a little as long as they keep Singin' in the Rain, Mary Poppins and Oz. Maybe dump Alien, I've never been a fan of it. Still, I enjoy it, especially with good CMs that are really into it doing the spiels.

I think that there's a point in the queue where some of the line goes to the left and some goes to the right. When that happens, one group will get the gangster and one will get the cowboy. Can't remember which side is which. I want to say that those who go to the right get the cowboy, but I'm not sure about that. I've had both, but I usually tend to get the gangster more.

Very curious about the cliffhanger. Can't wait to hear what you saw.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:48 AM   #698
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Mickey???

The Incredibles????

The Bolt Characters???

The UP Characters???

WHOOOOOOO
You will just have to wait until the next update....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh how I love DHS!!! I love TSM and the Great Movie Ride!! You had me so excited that it was finally going to be cowboy and then bam it was the gangster I was so bummed LOL!! It was still fantastic but I wanted to see the cowboy LOL!!!!

Pins...I didn't understand the love of pins completely in May...now I'm steadfast heading down the road to being a pin addict oh yes!! Must find me a lanyard soon LOL!!!
How could you NOT understand the love of pins? Me buying tons of them while you were there didn't intice you to the world of pins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Can't say I've ever purchased a pin, but I have looked on ebay before. I'm scared to buy one!

I'm guessing...Bolt characters are up next?

And I love the Great Movie ride. Just something about those classics!
That's just crazy to me never purchasing a pin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
WOW...one week away and I missed a TON!!!!!!!! A new trip? Poor LL feet! A beautiful rainbow pic with Dumbo! I can't believe it's almost time for Jen to go....so much as happened! Looking forward to hearing more!!
How was your vacation!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Oooh, my mom and I are dying to try the animation studio. One of the things that we didn't do in February that is on our list for this next trip.

I also love the GMR -- we didn't get to do it the last trip and I was so bummed. The ending always gets to me, too, I just love it.
I love it too, I can't wait to ride it again in the Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I have to ride the GMR this trip!

What's up next?!
Yes you should ride it and you will have to wait to see what is up next. I am mean like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
The Great Movie Ride DD and I could ride it multiple times!! We had the cowboy this trip.

Glad you scored some good pins. I think you're going to see Sorcerer Mickey next...
I love pin shopping, so much fun. I am really going to try to limit myself this next trip though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Jen- count me in with you for never getting the Cowboy scene!
That amazes me. I have ALWAYS gotten the cowboy scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
BO!!!! I can't wait to show Chelsea!

You know I loved all of your photos from Hollywood Boulevard and the GMR!

I love it, too! I love movies so that might be why.

I am sooo jealous! We have never ridden in the front before!

I've had both.

Reading this made me want to go look at pins on ebay!
Did you buy any pins?

I knew you would, I think of you often when I am in DHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I didn't know there was a cowboy version of the Great Movie Ride. I have only seen the gangster. I can't resist the $1.00 pins either.
You can't pass up a pin for $1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
First of all ...
I did not see Bo until we were leaving... duh!

Secondly did you see the princesses on the horses like the carousel? (Jim Shore) right beside the ones you took a picture of? I thought they were super cute, in fact my girls are getting them for Christmas from Grandma!
I did see those they are just so beautiful. I was surprised at how reasonably priced there were online when I went searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I know just what Henry and I will be watching tomorrow morning during our breakfasts!

I am so sorry to hear about MORE RAIN. However, I LOVE the effect the rain had on the above pictures. Beautiful. I think that last one of the blurry Dumbo is my fav. Speaking of blurry Dumbo...did you ever get the exact shot you wanted for that?

More stunning pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!! That's amazing. What a workout!

Loved your Spectro pics too. Sounds like a pretty good night overall-despite the rain. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well Jen! I've already read the next update, so I know you were better by morning.

I've never had the Cowboy either. Or a chick gangster! THAT RULES!

My guess is you saw the characters from Up!

I sure hope you can take pictures in that store because I took DOZENS. It's such a cool shop!
to taking pictures in that store. I always felt like an employee was going to come yell at me when I wanted to take shopping pictures. I don't think the excuse..."But MeMom does it" would get me very far.

I never did get my blurry dumbo photo. Sigh. I WILL GET IT IN THE FALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
uggghhhhh! What did you see? Tell me! Tell me!

I love your pictures of GMR! I missed it this trip because the lines were out the door. I like it, but I don't love it enough to stand in those lines! In all the times I've done it, I've always gotten the gangster.....except once. Last December we got the cowboy. Our first trip in 2002 we had THE BEST gangster! She was excellent. I'm not sure if I'm baised because it was our first trip. But she nailed the part to perfection. She was a tiny little blond who did the Jersey accent perfectly. It was sooooooo fun!

Glad you guys are having a great morning and curious to see if Jen decides to leave before TSM.
I will tell you...in the next update. I need an evil laughter smiley face. Hehehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko_33785 View Post
I love the Great Movie Ride too. Wouldn't mind seeing it updated a little as long as they keep Singin' in the Rain, Mary Poppins and Oz. Maybe dump Alien, I've never been a fan of it. Still, I enjoy it, especially with good CMs that are really into it doing the spiels.

I think that there's a point in the queue where some of the line goes to the left and some goes to the right. When that happens, one group will get the gangster and one will get the cowboy. Can't remember which side is which. I want to say that those who go to the right get the cowboy, but I'm not sure about that. I've had both, but I usually tend to get the gangster more.

Very curious about the cliffhanger. Can't wait to hear what you saw.
Yes they would have to keep those classic movies. I would be more than happy to see Alien go, that section freaks me out.

You are right that there is a point. I think what happened is that they were not having two trams go at once, we were a single tram instead of having the two trams with the two cm's at the same time if that makes sense.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #699
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great update! My cousin is doing one of the professional internships and lives right behind Hollywood Studios. So now whenever I read about DHS I think of her. Sorry for that random tidbit...anyways, I love all your pictures as usual. And be sure to post pictures of the pins you bought for fellow pin addicts!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #700
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I haven't ridden the great movie ride in forever. I need to ride it again soon. I don't even remember which side or sides I have seen. I love pins and so do my kids. That is not a good thing when you don't have a lot of money.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #701
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Quote:
Yes they would have to keep those classic movies. I would be more than happy to see Alien go, that section freaks me out.

You are right that there is a point. I think what happened is that they were not having two trams go at once, we were a single tram instead of having the two trams with the two cm's at the same time if that makes sense.
Ahh... that explains it. I've heard that they only do the gangster scene when they only run one tram. Hopefully next time they'll have both trams going and you get the cowboy (or cowgirl) scene.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #702
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

I love the Movie Ride. I dont think they should change a thing.

I have seen both the ganster and cowboy but DH has only seen the cowboy. I didnt realize they switched out, I just thought they had changed it from the previous year.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #703
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
to taking pictures in that store. I always felt like an employee was going to come yell at me when I wanted to take shopping pictures. I don't think the excuse..."But MeMom does it" would get me very far.
You can tell them that. They know me.

Actually, there's a special card that allows you to photograph anything and everything in the stores that you want to.

I'll send you one, as soon as I make it up.

I can't recall a CM ever saying anything to me anywhere, unless maybe I have forgotten. (I'm kinda old, you know.) Usually they move to the side for me to photograph if they feel like they are in the way, even though they are normally not in the way.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #704
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

LL, I was SURE I'd replied to this post.

You got some great photos in DHS. I've yet to ride the GMR. Not sure why? I guess something had to get cut.

I'm pretty sure that if we wouldn't have been there before rope drop we'd have completely missed Bo. He's a lot closer to the entrance than I'd imagined.

Can't wait to see what pins you got!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #705
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

OK I am late, but I am here!!!!!!!
Settling down on the couch with my kitty and a drink to start catching up! I am starting to get that "Oh no I can't believe I don't have any trips scheduled in the foreseeable future" feeling so I am excited to live vicariously through your trip
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: