Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #661
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

They say that when it rains in Disney you should still be happy because after all you are in Disney. However, I know first hand (I had five straight days of rain last August) that prolonged rain takes away some of the magic of Disney.

That rainbow must have restored some of the magic though. It looked beautiful.

Hope Jen felt better the next morning.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 07-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #662
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

That was one beautiful rainbow

"You say spoiled as if it's a bad thing" ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #663
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I love the Magic Kingdom! Great update! Your dessert at CRT looked really good! I am sorry that your feet are giving you trouble on this trip.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #664
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Oh gosh, I hate getting soaked. I had such a problem when it rained for pretty much the entire month of June. I felt so bad for the guys that work on carriages at my store -- I hated just walking to and from my car.

The rainbow pictures are gorgeous and I hope that Jen felt better the next morning! I hope that your feet don't give you any problems on this next trip.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 07-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #665
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

That rainbow was perfect for Fantasyland! It was almost glowing.

I hope you both feel OK after a long nights rest!

Who did the pictures for Spectro? Have a new camera, got myself prepared for fireworks so know the settings but can you tell me what Spectro was set on? Those are nice clear pictures - you can really see the details!

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; planning Universal Portofino/WDW Coronado Spring Break 2014 with friends !
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
Old 07-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #666
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed your updates. I loved the light fixtures in Toontown. Very cute. The rainbow pictures are awesome! I am glad you got to enjoy a nice dinner even though you had foot problem and were wet. I HATE being wet.

Me DH DD DS
Old 07-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #667
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Okay so yeah I was totally soaked from the walk from the parking lot to find you...it was ridiculous and of course I was so worried about walking in the rain I didn't even think about where I had parked!!

I felt horrible for not feeling well...but something had me feeling a bit queasy. Thankfully after a good night's rest we were ready to go the next morning!!!!

So besides learning that we had a great table at CRT and had a good meal and learning that I definitely need to take pictures of where I parked...it was a great evening!! I do love me some SPECTRO!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 07-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #668
If U Had Wings
DIS Veteran

I don't know how I managed to miss a few updates. I think I need to get on the stick here on the Disboards.

Looks like even with the rain, and bad feet the two of you were having a good time. So happy you got a window seat at the castle. Sweet!

Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack a Tale of a Trip from the Back of the Pack

Ferb, I Know What We're Going to Do Today! 12/5-12/1213.1 Before I hit 40 - A New PTR
Old 07-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #669
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I just feel your pain with your feet...you poor thing!!! What a horrible thing to have to deal with! AND THE RAIN TO BOOT!!!! I am glad that you were both able to deal with it all and enjoy yourselves nevertheless!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #670
TravelBug86
Princess of Quite A Lot

Ahhh, there's nothing I love better than going back to my disney resort for a nap and getting gussied up for the ADR that follows Too bad the stupid rain had to ruin it!! In March we were dining at V&A for our anniversary and I had my hair curled and everything ready to go, I get outside and it was like a hurricane!! The whole time I was freaking out trying to protect my hair from the wind so I didn't look like a homeless person by the time I made it to the Restaurant

Old 07-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #671
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Those photos of the rainbow over Dumbo are magnificent!! So pretty! It stinks it had to rain to get it though! Sounds like even though your feet were still troubling and it was raining you guys had a nice day! What I wouldn't do to spend tomorrow just chilling out at MK! But I guess I'll go to work so I can pay for the next trip! Great updates!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #672
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
More updates!!!! Yeah!

I did not know the gargoyles hiss at you in the stretching room. I promise to stick around for that next time.

I'm glad you guys made it to CRT on time. It looks like a lovely dinner. If I had know I was going to do the DxDP, I certainly would have tried to get an ADR there. Now its too late and I have never been!

I hope Jen is OK! I'm glad you feet held up for all the rides you did.
Yes, they hiss. Isn't that so neat?

Too bad you couldn't get CRT for your trip, it is very yummy although I don't like their dessert options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a lovely set of updates!!!

I am so sorry that your feet were bothering you -- I hope you don't have any problems with them on this next trip.

The HM pictures are awesome -- I have never noticed the bat in the wrought iron -- I think I am in such a hurry that I just breeze right into the queue. I do love looking at the gravestones though -- as Christine said, "Poor Mr. Toad." Of all the rides Disney has done away with, I think that is in the top three missed rides for me -- along with 20,000 Leagues and the Skyway.

I must try corn dog nuggets from Casey's one day -- my stomach always growls when I see pictures of them!

Dinner looks delicious and score on the window seat!

However, I must say that the most magical part of your updates today has to be the rainbow pictures! What beauty seeing that rainbow arching across Dumbo!!!
I really hope I don't have any problems either.

I really took the time to enjoy the HM line, it's very neat all the little details all over.

YOU MUST TRY THEM. They are delicious.

I love my rainbow pictures, I want to frame one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi LL!

I've been enjoying your TR... finally got all caught up today. Sorry your feet were bothering you. The rain has to make things worse... when I visited with my mom last year, we had 2 straight days of rain and my feet were pretty messed up. I ended up doing the crocs with socks thing too. A whole week this year, not a drop of rain, and my feet were fine. Hope they feel better soon.
The rain really did make them worse. I think that first day at Epcot when I was literally walking through above ankle puddles that all that wetness made them blister worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Those rainbow pictures were so magical.... your castle window set- how awesome. The rain stinks.... I must admit my first thought is I would rather be hot and sweaty than wet like you were.
I can't decide....wet or sweaty...hmmm. I think I will go with just sweaty & hot rather then the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
You have such AWESOME pictures!! Between the rainbow, the shots from your window seat (wow!!), and the Spectro pictures, I'm having some serious WDW-picture-taking-ability-envy. I'm going to have to get better before my next trip!

I really hope your feet serve you better on your next trip! Maybe you'll have learned enough from this one (the hard way, I know - it stinks!) to help you in the fall.

Thanks for the updates - keep them coming!!
I am going prepared that is for sure! Socks, bandages, blister products, sneakers, EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Oh my! to that decadent looking dessert and to that beautiful rainbow!
They both fall in the awesome range, I think.

Great update and pictures!
Thanks MeMom. I have to say, the dessert isn't the greatest but sure does make a purdy picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
They say that when it rains in Disney you should still be happy because after all you are in Disney. However, I know first hand (I had five straight days of rain last August) that prolonged rain takes away some of the magic of Disney.

That rainbow must have restored some of the magic though. It looked beautiful.

Hope Jen felt better the next morning.
I can handle fast moving showers but the prolonged EVERY SINGLE DAY rain makes me a little crazy.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #673
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
That was one beautiful rainbow

"You say spoiled as if it's a bad thing" ??
It was beautiful, it was a magic moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle8306 View Post
I love the Magic Kingdom! Great update! Your dessert at CRT looked really good! I am sorry that your feet are giving you trouble on this trip.
The feet issues were horrible...and I hate to say it but they got worse as the week went along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Oh gosh, I hate getting soaked. I had such a problem when it rained for pretty much the entire month of June. I felt so bad for the guys that work on carriages at my store -- I hated just walking to and from my car.

The rainbow pictures are gorgeous and I hope that Jen felt better the next morning! I hope that your feet don't give you any problems on this next trip.
And it's raining again today. I am feeling very Eeyore like lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougrad86 View Post
That rainbow was perfect for Fantasyland! It was almost glowing.

I hope you both feel OK after a long nights rest!

Who did the pictures for Spectro? Have a new camera, got myself prepared for fireworks so know the settings but can you tell me what Spectro was set on? Those are nice clear pictures - you can really see the details!
Those pictures are from both of our cameras which are different brands (canon & nikon) but very similar. I put my camera on the Sport setting which takes pictures very quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I enjoyed your updates. I loved the light fixtures in Toontown. Very cute. The rainbow pictures are awesome! I am glad you got to enjoy a nice dinner even though you had foot problem and were wet. I HATE being wet.
I hate it too. We did have a very nice dinner! Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Okay so yeah I was totally soaked from the walk from the parking lot to find you...it was ridiculous and of course I was so worried about walking in the rain I didn't even think about where I had parked!!

I felt horrible for not feeling well...but something had me feeling a bit queasy. Thankfully after a good night's rest we were ready to go the next morning!!!!

So besides learning that we had a great table at CRT and had a good meal and learning that I definitely need to take pictures of where I parked...it was a great evening!! I do love me some SPECTRO!
Yes, pictures where you parked a must have.

We really did need the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by If U Had Wings View Post
I don't know how I managed to miss a few updates. I think I need to get on the stick here on the Disboards.

Looks like even with the rain, and bad feet the two of you were having a good time. So happy you got a window seat at the castle. Sweet!
Tsk Tsk to getting behind!

I was so happy with our window seat, I spotted as we got into the room and were led right there. Score!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I just feel your pain with your feet...you poor thing!!! What a horrible thing to have to deal with! AND THE RAIN TO BOOT!!!! I am glad that you were both able to deal with it all and enjoy yourselves nevertheless!
We did have a good time even with our obstacles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelBug86 View Post
Ahhh, there's nothing I love better than going back to my disney resort for a nap and getting gussied up for the ADR that follows Too bad the stupid rain had to ruin it!! In March we were dining at V&A for our anniversary and I had my hair curled and everything ready to go, I get outside and it was like a hurricane!! The whole time I was freaking out trying to protect my hair from the wind so I didn't look like a homeless person by the time I made it to the Restaurant
Oh no! That is so something that would happen to me though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Those photos of the rainbow over Dumbo are magnificent!! So pretty! It stinks it had to rain to get it though! Sounds like even though your feet were still troubling and it was raining you guys had a nice day! What I wouldn't do to spend tomorrow just chilling out at MK! But I guess I'll go to work so I can pay for the next trip! Great updates!
We did have a nice day...I mean how can you not have a nice day when it's spent at the Magic Kingdom?
Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #674
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Dont mind me. Just hanging out being cool looking for something new to read.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #675
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post
Dont mind me. Just hanging out being cool looking for something new to read.

I am hoping to do an update this evening. I've been busy at work today so it has been interferring with my updating skills today.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: