Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #646
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Rainbows. Part 2.

After our delicious Castle dinner, we went to the restroom and I took the chance to change my socks before heading out into the wetness again. I go to put on the first sock and "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPP" I ripped through a brand new sock! I was so flabbergasted. I couldn't catch a break with my freaking feet this week! Sigh. Luckily I could still wear the sock the hole was in the side of it so I put it on and we headed outside.

I was in good spirits. My feet weren't feeling awful and I was in the Magic Kingdom. This is what we came across in Fantasyland.

Ahhh, Disney Bliss.

We headed back towards Liberty Square for another ride on Haunted Mansion.

We didn't take any pictures this time around, we just enjoyed ourselves. Jen told me that if we stayed in the stretching room at the end we could hear the gargoyles hiss at us. So we did. It was awesome!

After our ride as we were getting off, I heard a lady ask a CM how many miles they walk in a day on that moving walkway. The CM told her that they average 12 miles per shift! WOW! That is a lot! I am still amazed by this.

After HM, we headed towards Adventureland to redeem our Jungle Cruise Fastpasses from earlier. I love fastpass! Before we knew it we were on our boat, I was right in the front next to the CM. Our CM was great! She was really funny and it didn't seem like the normal spiel. I enjoy riding JC at night, it makes it more mysterious. Before we knew it we had made it safely back and headed to another boat ride.

PIRATES! Again, no pictures. We were enjoying ourselves. It was not a long wait and we were off. Jen was kind enough to offer her hand on the big drop and I totally took her up on it. I can't help it, I am a free falling wimp.

I believe there was some sitting involved on my part in that little walkway between Frontierland and Adventureland. I called Mom and asked her to bring blister products and more socks. Phew. I was running out of stuff and knew I'd have to get some from the gift shop before she arrived.

Jen had started to not feel well but she wanted to press on. We went back through Liberty Square to hit up Dumbo at night and we were met with Spectromagic. There was no way we were getting through so we stayed and took some pictures.

I was so excited to see Mary Poppins! She was so cute, greeting all the kiddos. Ahhh...practically perfect.

After the parade was over I was feeling super, I was ready to stay at MK super late. Jen on the other hand didn't look so good, she wasn't feeling well and wanted to leave. I was totally fine with that because I didn't want her to be miserable. Plus I knew I needed more rest. We made our way out of the park which was a little crazy because everyone was on Main Street waiting for Wishes.

We made it to the monorail and we sat in the station FOREVER. At this point my feet were freaking killing me. I was so ready to get back to the room and rest. I wanted to go soak my feet and go to sleep.

We made it to the TTC and we decided not to take a tram because we were pretty close....or so we thought. Jen didn't remember where she had parked and I didn't know because she had dropped me off. I was tired, soggy and so over the parking lot. We finally found the car and cranked up the AC and made it back to ASMu.

I soaked my feet, got into my PJ's and settled into bed. We were supposed to get up and head to Hollywood Studios for the 8AM EMH's but we decided to not to do that. We set the alarm with the hope of getting there around 9AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:35 PM   #647
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Your updates make me so ready to get there!!

We are getting spoiled with updates today. I found a shirt I want to make with Daisy Duck and a tiara that says "You say spoiled as if its a bad thing" DS says its perfect for me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #648
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I am also enjoying your updates! SO sorry about the rain, the feet and the not feeling well. That said, it looks like a pretty magical night. I mean, if it has to be rainy, or you have to feel yucky you might as well do it in WDW! The view from your table is amazing. And i have to say that neither of you look any worse for the wear b/c of the rain! Now I would have had stringy hair, mascara running down my face. Not that I don't believe you that it was raining... I'm just saying you survived it well!

Too cute you get nervous on the drop in Pirates!

Hope you wake up in the am feeling fresh and relaxed with the sun shining! But of course I do know the title of your TR.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #649
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Um, is it weird that I can feel your foot pain while I'm reading this???

You guys looked gorgeous for drowned rats!!! Too bad Suzie and Perla didn't come over to admire your beauty

Did you take the Spectro pics with your new camera? They came out great!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #650
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

You did look really good for being so wet, sounds like you had a great meal! I loved your view from the castle, very nice pictures! Poor Jen not feeling well, but it does sound like going back the the resort was the best thing for Jen and your sore feet!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #651
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Man, I hate being wet so your whole update I was just shaking my head. And your poor feet!!

I hope Jen started feeling better too. I love your shirts and just realized in this update that you both have been wearing matching shirts. Yes, I had a blonde moment.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #652
stace208
DIS Veteran

Overall, it seems like it was a fantastic day! Dang those bothersome feet of yours and I'm sorry that Jen wasn't feeling well in the evening. I hope she felt better after a good nights sleep.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #653
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Oh man, your poor feet and now Jen isn't feeling well? Sounds like a trip back to the resort is just what the doctor ordered.

Your meal sounds wonderful and what a great table. The view when you got outside is pretty remarkable too. A rainbow over Dumbo? Perfect!

I'm so glad the crowd outside was spared the point of your umbrella in their eye.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #654
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
ME TOO! That is all I can think of whenever I see them.

I've never had the corn dog nuggets -- I think those are something that I need to try...
You really do need to try them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post

Your updates make me so ready to get there!!

We are getting spoiled with updates today. I found a shirt I want to make with Daisy Duck and a tiara that says "You say spoiled as if its a bad thing" DS says its perfect for me.
You are so close to your trip!! I think that sounds like a great shirt! Are you going to make it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I am also enjoying your updates! SO sorry about the rain, the feet and the not feeling well. That said, it looks like a pretty magical night. I mean, if it has to be rainy, or you have to feel yucky you might as well do it in WDW! The view from your table is amazing. And i have to say that neither of you look any worse for the wear b/c of the rain! Now I would have had stringy hair, mascara running down my face. Not that I don't believe you that it was raining... I'm just saying you survived it well!

Too cute you get nervous on the drop in Pirates!

Hope you wake up in the am feeling fresh and relaxed with the sun shining! But of course I do know the title of your TR.
It was a good night despite everything else that it was going on. I get SO nervous on Pirates even though I know I will survive and I have ridden 1,000's of times before. I freak out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Um, is it weird that I can feel your foot pain while I'm reading this???

You guys looked gorgeous for drowned rats!!! Too bad Suzie and Perla didn't come over to admire your beauty

Did you take the Spectro pics with your new camera? They came out great!
Not weird at all. My feet start to bother me when I write about it. Must be that I am reliving the pain.

I took them with my Canon and Jen took them with her Nikon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
You did look really good for being so wet, sounds like you had a great meal! I loved your view from the castle, very nice pictures! Poor Jen not feeling well, but it does sound like going back the the resort was the best thing for Jen and your sore feet!
We had a great view. It almost made the whole water logged thing worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Man, I hate being wet so your whole update I was just shaking my head. And your poor feet!!

I hope Jen started feeling better too. I love your shirts and just realized in this update that you both have been wearing matching shirts. Yes, I had a blonde moment.
I despise being wet. I literally won't go out when it's raining if I don't have to go to work or something like that so it was a treat that week let me tell you. Yes we had matching shirts for Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Overall, it seems like it was a fantastic day! Dang those bothersome feet of yours and I'm sorry that Jen wasn't feeling well in the evening. I hope she felt better after a good nights sleep.
It was a good day, I was so mad at my feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Oh man, your poor feet and now Jen isn't feeling well? Sounds like a trip back to the resort is just what the doctor ordered.

Your meal sounds wonderful and what a great table. The view when you got outside is pretty remarkable too. A rainbow over Dumbo? Perfect!

I'm so glad the crowd outside was spared the point of your umbrella in their eye.
I was so happy about the rainbow over Dumbo, so beautiful!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #655
MEK
DIS Veteran

More updates!!!! Yeah!

I did not know the gargoyles hiss at you in the stretching room. I promise to stick around for that next time.

I'm glad you guys made it to CRT on time. It looks like a lovely dinner. If I had know I was going to do the DxDP, I certainly would have tried to get an ADR there. Now its too late and I have never been!

I hope Jen is OK! I'm glad you feet held up for all the rides you did.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #656
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a lovely set of updates!!!

I am so sorry that your feet were bothering you -- I hope you don't have any problems with them on this next trip.

The HM pictures are awesome -- I have never noticed the bat in the wrought iron -- I think I am in such a hurry that I just breeze right into the queue. I do love looking at the gravestones though -- as Christine said, "Poor Mr. Toad." Of all the rides Disney has done away with, I think that is in the top three missed rides for me -- along with 20,000 Leagues and the Skyway.

I must try corn dog nuggets from Casey's one day -- my stomach always growls when I see pictures of them!

Dinner looks delicious and score on the window seat!

However, I must say that the most magical part of your updates today has to be the rainbow pictures! What beauty seeing that rainbow arching across Dumbo!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #657
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi LL!

I've been enjoying your TR... finally got all caught up today. Sorry your feet were bothering you. The rain has to make things worse... when I visited with my mom last year, we had 2 straight days of rain and my feet were pretty messed up. I ended up doing the crocs with socks thing too. A whole week this year, not a drop of rain, and my feet were fine. Hope they feel better soon.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #658
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Those rainbow pictures were so magical.... your castle window set- how awesome. The rain stinks.... I must admit my first thought is I would rather be hot and sweaty than wet like you were.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #659
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

You have such AWESOME pictures!! Between the rainbow, the shots from your window seat (wow!!), and the Spectro pictures, I'm having some serious WDW-picture-taking-ability-envy. I'm going to have to get better before my next trip!

I really hope your feet serve you better on your next trip! Maybe you'll have learned enough from this one (the hard way, I know - it stinks!) to help you in the fall.

Thanks for the updates - keep them coming!!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 07-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #660
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Oh my! to that decadent looking dessert and to that beautiful rainbow!
They both fall in the awesome range, I think.

Great update and pictures!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: